So my 4yr old said she hates me........

2»

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    dunkman wrote:
    It's a right of passage when your kids tell you they don't like you... I just got it on Sunday from my 4 year old... I handed her back her hat and she through it on the floor... I made her pick it up and she gave me the stink eye and told me I am mean and a bad daddy... When she got home she went right to her room... She was apoplyptic and had a huge temper tantrum... I let her calm down... Walked up and calmly asked why did she think she got punished and I was angry... She knew why and apologized...

Sometimes you can't let them get away with behavior, other times you have to ignore it... Comes with the territory...

.. and sometimes once youve laughed you cant discipline them... cause by then its too late and they know theyve done something amusing.

thats my problem... i laugh at them all the time... they just say funny stuff and I can't help myself. :oops:

makes you wonder when it starts going wrong.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

OMG!! so very true.

the toddlermonster comes out with some things that have me leaving the room. she also calls me a stupid dumb poo poo head. :roll: it balances out when she asks me to play mumford and sons so she can sing along to little lion man. :lol:
    Yeah, I may have had to play Pretty Pretty Princess... Those earings are killer :?
    GoiMTvP.gif

OMG!! so very true.

the toddlermonster comes out with some things that have me leaving the room. she also calls me a stupid dumb poo poo head. :roll: it balances out when she asks me to play mumford and sons so she can sing along to little lion man. :lol:
    Yeah, I may have had to play Pretty Pretty Princess... Those earings are killer :?

theres no princesses in my house.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

OMG!! so very true.

I've got two... want one?
    GoiMTvP.gif

I've got two... want one?

no thanks. i live with 4 girls.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

this was my ideal scenario as a teenager. 4 non-related girls obviously you freaks.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Leo, clearly your daughter has been hanging around the gypsies!!! :shock:
    I love to turn you on
    Leo, clearly your daughter has been hanging around the gypsies!!! :shock:

:clap::clap:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:

this was my ideal scenario as a teenager. 4 non-related girls obviously you freaks.

I heard you lived that dream as a teenager with Mary Palmer and her 5 sisters.
    dunkman wrote:

i had to move out though as Mary's sisters became really callus
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

i had to move out though as Mary's sisters became really callus

I'm sorry to hear that. Mr. Jergen's can help.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    pandora wrote:
    Daddys need to be tough but always fair and loving. Build them up, keep them strong, teach them boundaries, be there for them. Daddys are very special and hold so much power in their words. It is very hard but the most rewarding thing you will ever do. Don't be afraid, just follow your heart and what feels right, a good book gauged at the appropriate years tells you what to expect and gives more confidence.

Fantastic advice ... every word valid ...

and as for girls and their daddy's they will manipulate,flash their smiles and crawl up for cuddles and kisses after they have torn you apart with such a comment ... stay strong ... she knows you love her but that doesn't mean she can always get her own way throw all the gloriously manipulative tactics they will use.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Parenting: the worlds hardest, longest and underpaid job. ;)

Try having to be the mother and father all combined into one person! I have a 5yo boy and with that came Mr attitude "I know everything". Oh yeah, good times. Today after school we had to go to the shops for a couple things and since I refused to buy him star wars lego, lollies, ben 10 pajamas, hot dog, mcdonalds, and whatever else he spied, I was mean and nasty and no longer his mother! :o
    He's given a fair bit of this attitude lately when he hasn't gotten his own way and his timing was terrible as we were crossing the carpark to get in the car and go home. So I told him that since I was no longer his mother I was not obligated to drive him home and so he had better find himself a way to get home. I unlocked my door and sat in the car.......there was a major shift in attitude and the apologies started rolling in. It was only then that he would listen to me and let me explain that there are consequences to everything he does and says and when you say things like that to mummy it makes her sad.
    Sometimes it sucks to be a parent, when you have to make your kids upset to get the message through to them.

Oh and I would never leave him anywhere! No way.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Parenting: the worlds hardest, longest and underpaid job. ;)

Try having to be the mother and father all combined into one person! I have a 5yo boy and with that came Mr attitude "I know everything". Oh yeah, good times. Today after school we had to go to the shops for a couple things and since I refused to buy him star wars lego, lollies, ben 10 pajamas, hot dog, mcdonalds, and whatever else he spied, I was mean and nasty and no longer his mother! :o
    He's given a fair bit of this attitude lately when he hasn't gotten his own way and his timing was terrible as we were crossing the carpark to get in the car and go home. So I told him that since I was no longer his mother I was not obligated to drive him home and so he had better find himself a way to get home. I unlocked my door and sat in the car.......there was a major shift in attitude and the apologies started rolling in. It was only then that he would listen to me and let me explain that there are consequences to everything he does and says and when you say things like that to mummy it makes her sad.
    Sometimes it sucks to be a parent, when you have to make your kids upset to get the message through to them.

Oh and I would never leave him anywhere! No way.
    I am glad you told him how you felt, "makes Mommy sad". Children until they are in say their twenties don't really think of parents as people with feelings, with a past, with desires. Getting children to understand the feelings of all living creatures is the best way to grow a respectful adult.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    What a coincidence, I've been saying I hate you for 4 years. ;)
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    eyedclaar wrote:
    What a coincidence, I've been saying I hate you for 4 years. ;)
    that eyed guy sure is a funny character.
    he's honest and real.
    even in his comedy skits.

funny, ha ha good times.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Hey acoustic guy, I didn't read through this thread, but just wanted to say that I have two kids (8 and 12) and at that age (4) not only do they not mean it, they don't even realize what that word means, hard as it is for you to hear it.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13