Walt Disney World VS. Disneyland

googoo Posts: 226
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
which do you prefer? which park did you grow up going to? I'm a WDW vet having been there at least 1,000 times growing up, but I've been getting used to Disneyland now that I'm living in LA. so tell which is your favorite and why!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    Disneyland for me just has more "magic". Disneyworld, emotionally speaking, just felt like going to Magic Mountain or Busch Gardens. Sure it's fun but the "x" factor of Disneyland just wasn't their for me.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • WhyGo77WhyGo77 Posts: 113
    Walt Disney World - by far. The whole package in Florida is bigger and better. Disneyland is great, but doesn't compare to WDW. I have also been to Tokyo Disney - which is great, but tiny compared to WDW.
    "I'll ride the wave, where it takes me..."

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine..."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I have a hard time believing there is anything anywhere better than Disneyworld. The kid and adult in me absolutely loves it! Just smile the entire time you are there :D
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Disney World is just that... a whole WORLD

you can completely remove yourself from everything else and just get caught up in the total Disney package

I'd love to go back now that I'm older... see how it compares
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • you really went there 1,000 plus times as a kid? thats insane
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Never been to Disney Land but I have been to Disney World three times. I have to think it's better. It has so much there, Epcot is awesome :)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    I've been to Walt Disney World twice, once as a kid, once as an adult, I liked it a lot more as an adult. As the father of a 3 1/2 year old girl, I'll probably be going at least twice more.

But for the life of me, I can never remember if it was Disney World or DisneyLand that I've been to. It was DisneyWorld (Florida) but I can never distinguish between the two names. So I've been known to say "I've been to DisneyLand," when really I haven't.

WTF?! What I've typed sounds really weird.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I love Disney World, never been to Disneyland, i have brother in law whose lived his whole life in California and loves Disneyland but when we went to Disney World he ,admitted it beat Disneyland.

Altho, Disneyland has that new World of Color
    CALIF-DisneylandWorldOfColorShow.jpg

Which looks pretty damn cool, bigger than a football feild with jets of water shooting 14 stories high!!!
    I hope they build a version in Disney World some day.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    KO23 wrote:
    I love Disney World, never been to Disneyland, i have brother in law whose lived his whole life in California and loves Disneyland but when we went to Disney World he ,admitted it beat Disneyland.

Altho, Disneyland has that new World of Color
    CALIF-DisneylandWorldOfColorShow.jpg

Which looks pretty damn cool, bigger than a football feild with jets of water shooting 14 stories high!!!
    I hope they build a version in Disney World some day.

oh wow, that's awesome.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    been to both, they both suck.

Cedar Point in Ohio is 1000X better, IMHO.

Dont like the shows, Love the Roller Coasters.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    FrankieG wrote:

i will pray for you.
    FrankieG wrote:

In Disney's defense, they are more worried about the total package and appealing to all ages

oh and Cedar Point is still in Ohio :?

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Best part about Disneyworld is when the little ones (in my case nephews) grow up you can drink your way around the world at Epcot. Start and end in England. By Morocco you'll be buying a fez and in Norway you'll try to climb the rigging of the Viking ship.

Good times.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Best part about Disneyworld is when the little ones (in my case nephews) grow up you can drink your way around the world at Epcot. Start and end in England. By Morocco you'll be buying a fez and in Norway you'll try to climb the rigging of the Viking ship.

Good times.

They took the Viking ship out :( :( :( it's now a little garden, who the hell knows why. :evil:
    KO23 wrote:

Good times.

They took the Viking ship out :( :( :( it's now a little garden, who the hell knows why. :evil:
    Norway must not like being represented as a country of marauding vikings...

I'd love to see Epcot again as an adult... I always thought it was super boring... but I think it'd be cool now for exactly the reason unlost dogs mentioned

They Now have Race track, and cool car race ride!!! Soaring a great 4 story concave screen with a 3 tier seat thing that puts you into the movie, complete with wind and smells, you fly over California and end up going threw the fireworks in Disneyland, it's so cool, a little intense if your afraid of heights, but , the best part of Epcot is 3272740288_676e3d8b0a.jpg?v=0 , great beer, fish and chips and the perfect place to caught the fireworks!!!
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Went to Disneyland when I was 9 and thought it was awesome - have great memories. Unfortunately don't think I will ever get back there or to Disneyworld - just too far and too expensive. If I win Lotto it's one of the first things I would do is take my kids to one or both!!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    Yeah, yeah, yeah there is a bunch of different crap at World but the Disneyland is the "o.g.". World is a copy and just ain't got not soul. This is from someone who has been to both. Disneyland, bitches. ;)
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

Yeah, yeah, yeah there is a bunch of different crap at World but the Disneyland is the "o.g.". World is a copy and just ain't got not soul. This is from someone who has been to both. Disneyland, bitches. ;)

Walt Disney wasn't happy with the way Disneyland ended up, so he made Disney World because he figured he could learn from his mistakes. If ya need a reference just watch any Walt Disney Documentary ever.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Disneyland out here in so cal is my choice. Yeah Disney world is bigger by far, but Disneyland is more magical. It's more intimate and seems cleaner and well kept. Disney world is too effin big.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Santa's Village in New Hampshire is where it's at.

You surprise me, sir. I had you pegged as a Canobie Lake Park kind of guy.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

funny, I was just there 2 weeks ago...

Do they still have the Yankee Cannonball? Now that is a fun roller coaster. Really old fashioned, and always appearing on the verge of total collapse.

Do they still have the Yankee Cannonball? Now that is a fun roller coaster. Really old fashioned, and always appearing on the verge of total collapse.

I think that is the old wooden one you see on the way in.
    Soarin431x300.jpg:D Soaring

Walt Disney wasn't happy with the way Disneyland ended up, so he made Disney World because he figured he could learn from his mistakes. If ya need a reference just watch any Walt Disney Documentary ever.

Maybe so, but sometimes the demo is better than the album version. ;)

• brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    FrankieG wrote:

Cedar Point is awesome

i've never been to either so I have no clue

Maybe so, but sometimes the demo is better than the album version. ;)

:lol: Nice
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    I've never been to WDW, but I've been to DL about 30 times. I love DL! That soaring pic up above makes me want to go back RIGHT NOW. We're planning on being there in December or January & that'll be two years since our last visit. I miss the place :(
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.