Nobody tell dunkman......

2»

Comments

• Amazing what a little, um, incentive will do, isn't it?

Glad it worked out.

The three of us stood there for 15 minutes, and we were certain that the fucking thing wasnt going to fit in the basement. We could get it through the staircase, but then we had a height issue in the hallway. Then I looked at one of the guys and said "Lets take the legs off the bottom and see what happens". They said they would give it a shot.

We got it in, with about an 1/8 of an inch to spare.

Kathy will be fucking thrilled!!!!

Could you convert that second-to-last sentence to the Metric System so as to not leave out our non-American friends? Gotta include everyone.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Amazing what a little, um, incentive will do, isn't it?

Glad it worked out.

The three of us stood there for 15 minutes, and we were certain that the fucking thing wasnt going to fit in the basement. We could get it through the staircase, but then we had a height issue in the hallway. Then I looked at one of the guys and said "Lets take the legs off the bottom and see what happens". They said they would give it a shot.

We got it in, with about an 1/8 of an inch to spare.

Kathy will be fucking thrilled!!!!

Could you convert that second-to-last sentence to the Metric System so as to not leave out our non-American friends? Gotta include everyone.

let me be the first to say.....fuck the metric system...

~2.5cm per inch....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dearest speedy,
    i love you man but your basement stairwell and entryway, doorway system are splitting us apart. more like driving us apart. i want a divorce... and now... this fucking laundry pile has got to go. you are one filthy S.O.B.

your truckin oiled up x-dude,
    me

:lol:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    dearest speedy,
    i love you man but your basement stairwell and entryway, doorway system are splitting us apart. more like driving us apart. i want a divorce... and now... this fucking laundry pile has got to go. you are one filthy S.O.B.

your truckin oiled up x-dude,
    me

:lol:
    hehehehehehehehe..........................

These assfucks...
    Removed the old washer/dryer from basement....
    THEN tore down stairway/doorway....
    Then rebuilt.....
    And now we couldnt get a new washer and dryer in the house......

Fucking idiots....hehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    81 wrote:

~2.5cm per inch....

It's fucking ridiculous the US doesn't use the metric system. RIDICULOUS!!!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    81 wrote:

~2.5cm per inch....

get outta here blondie....

there is nothing wrong with the inch/foot/yard or mile....it's not hard to figure out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

there is nothing wrong with the inch/foot/yard or mile....it's not hard to figure out.

It's not a matter of figuring it out. I understand inches/feet/yards etc. You ignorant bastards seem to REALLY struggle with understanding mms/cms/kms etc though. A lot of you yanks have no fucking idea whatsoever how many cms in an inch etc.

Maybe that's why you didn't change even though the rest of the world has....because you knew the US would be too fucking stupid to figure it out! :mrgreen:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    81 wrote:

It's not a matter of figuring it out. I understand inches/feet/yards etc. You ignorant bastards seem to REALLY struggle with understanding mms/cms/kms etc though. A lot of you yanks have no fucking idea whatsoever how many cms in an inch etc.

Maybe that's why you didn't change even though the rest of the world has....because you knew the US would be too fucking stupid to figure it out! :mrgreen:
    i agree ziggy. and just to let ya know, when doing environmental science research for any sorta study and paper, they use metric
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    i agree ziggy. and just to let ya know, when doing environmental science research for any sorta study and paper, they use metric

I believe medical measurements are recorded in metric as well....then converted to imperial when discussing with the patient. Any nurses/doctors here want to confirm this?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    81 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=138371&start=30#p4212220

an inch is about 2.5cm
    a KM is about .6 miles
    a meter is a tick more than a yard

we can do weights too....a kilo is like what 2.2 pounds

liquids? fine fine....750ml is about 25 ounces.

fuck the metic system. nothing wrong with the right system. :lol:

the metic system is a product of OCD
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    dunkman wrote:
    seriously though... $100 is quite a bit of money... couldn't you have called 2 of your friends over to help you out and then given them a beer or something?

$100 is what fraction compared to the price?

I always feel guilty calling my friends over to help with that stuff. Like me, my friends also work 50-60 hour weeks and time off is precious... I really don't want to waste their time doing my chores. And another way to think about it, if my friends billed me at their hourly wage, an hour of each of their time comes out to about $100... Or if I promised them pizza and beer in return (the standard movers fee), 3 of us can cut through $100 easy on a good night.... so... meh...
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    81 wrote:

~2.5cm per inch....

Agreed... I'm Canadian and work in the US, and having to deal with everything in feet, and inches is terrible.... especially when it comes to buying pipe...

like who the fuck thought up a system that uses a base of 12 for converting to inches to feet, and then 5280 feet to a mile? isn't a base 10 system so much fucking easier??? JUST GO TO FUCKING METRIC GD IT! It makes me so mad...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    81 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=138371&start=30#p4212220

an inch is about 2.5cm
    a KM is about .6 miles
    a meter is a tick more than a yard

we can do weights too....a kilo is like what 2.2 pounds

liquids? fine fine....750ml is about 25 ounces.

fuck the metic system. nothing wrong with the right system. :lol:

the metic system is a product of OCD

The "right system" that only United States, Burma and Liberia use? And the rest of us are OCD? :lol:

Oh but how did I forget....in a lot of your eyes, the United States IS the centre of the world and all other countries pale in comparison and have little importance. ;) And yes, centre with a fucking RE not an ER!! 8-)

I'm off to bed. It's 2am. Good night! :wave:
    OCD in that you have to use 10's to get from one measure to the next.

us americans can handle a little funkyness in our numbers.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

I believe medical measurements are recorded in metric as well....then converted to imperial when discussing with the patient. Any nurses/doctors here want to confirm this?

All my drs use metric. When they discuss surgical procedures and incision sizes mine use metric. Even translating to me they use metric. When reading my MRI's they use metric. And I understand no problem. The company I work for...we use both systems. No questions about it.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    81 wrote:

~2.5cm per inch....

Agree Completely!!!!!
    What is this asinine system of which we use?? The Kings' Standard?! How many fucking little American kids know how many 12's there are in 10 feet ! It blows my mind when it is argued that the rest of the world should use our SAE system. Fuck that! Gimme 10's all day long!!!!

We should use the US system in money too... gimme a $12 spot. Can you break a $48??? Silly fucks way back in the day knew it worked alright in the monetary scheme of things!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    And the tip.. it was $100. Not easily divisible by 12. ;)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,911
    ........that this thread is nearly 1 1/2 old. shhhhhhhhhh.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    And the tip.. it was $100. Not easily divisible by 12. ;)

yes, i did that in my head.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ........that this thread is nearly 1 1/2 old. shhhhhhhhhh.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=91525

unless it's a sports thread...than this rule does not apply. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    shep wrote:

I always feel guilty calling my friends over to help with that stuff. Like me, my friends also work 50-60 hour weeks and time off is precious... I really don't want to waste their time doing my chores. And another way to think about it, if my friends billed me at their hourly wage, an hour of each of their time comes out to about $100... Or if I promised them pizza and beer in return (the standard movers fee), 3 of us can cut through $100 easy on a good night.... so... meh....

did you just fucking meh me? meh... ;):lol:

sounds like you have acquantances rather than friends... my friends help each other out when it comes to shit like this and we'd never expect anything other than a thank you. I remember digging the foundations for my friends sun room extension... 2 days of joking around, bacon rolls, beer and some hard graft... if he had tried to offer me money i would have felt insulted... although me and my buddies have known each other since we were 11... we're the anti-facebook type of friends :mrgreen:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.