Nobody tell dunkman......

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,444
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
But I just tipped the 2 guys who installed my washer and dryer $100.....

I got them to fix my drain on my sink in the basement(it was leaking), and it took them 45 minutes to just get the washer and dryer in the basement.

The first guys who showed up last week wouldnt even take the washer and dryer out of the boxes, they said they would never fit down the staircase. So I ordered a smaller stack unit. These guys showed up today and basically said the same thing. I told them if they do whatever they can to get the thing in my basement and fix my drain pipe I would give them $100.

It took them almost an hour to get it in the basement.....But they did it......
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Amazing what a little, um, incentive will do, isn't it?

Glad it worked out.
    Nice shirt.
  • Amazing what a little, um, incentive will do, isn't it?

Glad it worked out.

The three of us stood there for 15 minutes, and we were certain that the fucking thing wasnt going to fit in the basement. We could get it through the staircase, but then we had a height issue in the hallway. Then I looked at one of the guys and said "Lets take the legs off the bottom and see what happens". They said they would give it a shot.

We got it in, with about an 1/8 of an inch to spare.

Kathy will be fucking thrilled!!!!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm pretty sure dunk would've wanted the installers to pay him for the privilege of installing the washer and dryer in castle fuckula :lol:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    But I just tipped the 2 guys who installed my washer and dryer $100.....

I got them to fix my drain on my sink in the basement(it was leaking), and it took them 45 minutes to just get the washer and dryer in the basement.

The first guys who showed up last week wouldnt even take the washer and dryer out of the boxes, they said they would never fit down the staircase. So I ordered a smaller stack unit. These guys showed up today and basically said the same thing. I told them if they do whatever they can to get the thing in my basement and fix my drain pipe I would give them $100.

It took them almost an hour to get it in the basement.....But they did it......

its the only way to go
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    Kathy must be so pleased that she can now wash your clothes. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,911
    norm wrote:
    i'm pretty sure dunk would've wanted the installers to pay him for the privilege of installing the washer and dryer in castle fuckula :lol:
    after all Scotland invented the reverse tip!!!

And automatic washers and dryers.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    norm wrote:
    Scots don't use washers and dryers, they just dip their kilts in the sheep's water trough and they're good to go for another month.
  • Poncier wrote:
    Kathy is not allowed to wash my clothes....hehehehehe

One too many times she has left a pen or a marker in my pocket....hehehehehehe

Also....

If I leave a $10 or $20 bill in my pocket.....All of a sudden that money ends up in her pocket!!!!!

I do my own fucking laundry!!!!! hehehehehehehehehe
    Poncier wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Scots don't use washers and dryers, they just dip their kilts in the sheep's water trough and they're good to go for another month.

'washer and dryer' is Scottish for penis so i can see how you got confused there...and i won't tell ya what the other Scottish term 'water trough' means in English :shock:
    norm wrote:

'washer and dryer' is Scottish for penis so i can see how you got confused there
    So thats why Speedy had to get a compact? :mrgreen:
  • Poncier wrote:
    norm wrote:

'washer and dryer' is Scottish for penis so i can see how you got confused there
    hehehehehehehehehe...............

Exactly!!!!!
    Poncier wrote:
    norm wrote:

hehehehehehehehehe...............

Exactly!!!!!

:lol::lol:
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i think this highlights that people aren't just willing to do their jobs anymore... clearly the fucking thing could fit into the basement... so they should have tried... personally i'd hunt them down and take my $100 back, probably give them a swift punch to the fudd when i was at it. ;)

I tipped a guy when I was in Egypt actually... i gave him about 42p (60cents) which was probably about a years salary... so if i ever go back i'm hunting that fucker down as well and will take half of that back!

can i also just add I tipped all the time I was in Florida... as i was a visitor to your country I tried to follow the system... just as when you lot visit Scotland the custom is to let me frisk your naked partners to ensure no-one is smuggling in an invention of some kind.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    i think this highlights that people aren't just willing to do their jobs anymore... clearly the fucking thing could fit into the basement... so they should have tried... personally i'd hunt them down and take my $100 back, probably give them a swift punch to the fudd when i was at it. ;)

I tipped a guy when I was in Egypt actually... i gave him about 42p (60cents) which was probably about a years salary... so if i ever go back i'm hunting that fucker down as well and will take half of that back!

can i also just add I tipped all the time I was in Florida... as i was a visitor to your country I tried to follow the system... just as when you lot visit Scotland the custom is to let me frisk your naked partners to ensure no-one is smuggling in an invention of some kind.

I travel internationally with Norm, so be my guest.
    dunkman wrote:

Norm's never been out of Montana or wherever it is he lives... plus I would have recognised him from your avatar... he looks kinda hot.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Norm's never been out of Montana or wherever it is he lives... plus I would have recognised him from your avatar... he looks kinda hot.

He is a stunning man, yes.
    He is a stunning man, yes.

let the naked frisking commence.
    seriously though... $100 is quite a bit of money... couldn't you have called 2 of your friends over to help you out and then given them a beer or something?

$100 is what fraction compared to the price?
    $100!!

I'm still apoplectic about this over-extravagant waste of money :!: :x

:D
  • best thread of 2012..hehehhehehehehehehhe
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dunkman wrote:
    $100!!

I'm still apoplectic about this over-extravagant waste of money :!: :x

:D
    It could be worse...

I could have taken the $100 and given to a "charity".........

And they would have turned around and put $99 of the $100 right in their own pocket.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    did you pay to have it delivered too :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Free delivery....
    81 wrote:
    Free delivery....

at least there is that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Poncier wrote:

Also....

If I leave a $10 or $20 bill in my pocket.....All of a sudden that money ends up in her pocket!!!!!

i never understood ppl who take off their clothes only to leave their pockets full. to me this is out of control.
    my pockets are gone through with what i call my hands before i remove my clothes. truck drivers are weird
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

Also....

i never understood ppl who take off their clothes only to leave their pockets full. to me this is out of control.
    my pockets are gone through with what i call my hands before i remove my clothes. truck drivers are weird

:lol:

as soon as i get home, i empty my pockets...change in the change bucket, wallet/phone/keys on the desk. good routine to have...never lose any of that stuff.

it also allows for the woman to handle the laundry :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dunkman wrote:
    seriously though... $100 is quite a bit of money... couldn't you have called 2 of your friends over to help you out and then given them a beer or something?

$100 is what fraction compared to the price?
    agreed.

speedy is a fast and wealthy truck driver who throws money around like most people do farts and burps

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    btw, what the hell kinda basement doorway you got there? to narrow for a washer/dryer? horseshit.
    why not expand the entryway? they sell chainsaws in chicago? that's what you need, speedy, not two dip shit movers and 100 bucks...

you got a friend with a chainsaw? that is free.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,444
    edited January 2012
    chadwick wrote:
    btw, what the hell kinda basement doorway you got there? to narrow for a washer/dryer? horseshit.
    why not expand the entryway? they sell chainsaws in chicago? that's what you need, speedy, not two dip shit movers and 100 bucks...

you got a friend with a chainsaw? that is free.
    Assfucks who remodeled the house....
    Built a brand new stairway going down stairs....
    And didnt take any measurements??? Assfucks!!!!!!
    And the stack unit couldnt be seperated...Thats why I had the height problem....

I didnt want to tear down the brand new stairway 10 minutes after I moved in....
    So I just bought a stack unit washer/dryer combo....

But yeah...
    The construction crew had to be smoking some good dope the day they built the stairway.....
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on