Eat Pray Love

2»

Comments

• "If you dragged your man to 'Eat Pray Love' this summer, he gets to take you to a movie called 'Football Jerk-off Nap.'" -- Bill Maher.

:lol:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • polaris_x wrote:
    ummm ... a note to all the guys: avoid this at all costs ... this is worth a "i think i might have ebola" excuse ...

if you are female and divorced and have read the book and think jennifer aniston makes good movies ... consider seeing this on dvd ...

:mrgreen:

ok ... as you can tell, i didn't really like it but maybe some will ...

Agreed!

A note to EVERYONE avoid this flick!

The sound tract was the best part of the movie. A few Vedder tunes, an Uncle Neil tune ....
  • It sounds like self indulgent crap to me!!! Would'nt it be nice to have enough money to quit your job and go on a trip around the world...Gee I feel so sorry for her!

That's exactly what I thought, the fact that she has the ability/money to drop everything and indulge herself for a year means she probably doesn't have half of what the rest of us do to bitch and moan about (cry me a river, chic). I'm really between a rock and a hard place right now in my life, but I'm reading The Original Scroll (Jack's Kerouac's non-edited version of On the Road). That is a book with I guess you could say a similar theme in that of travel, but he didn't I really dig his style. It's a fun escape for me to read it and unlike "Eat, Pray, Love," there wasn't much eating, but rather a loaf of bread if he was lucky and a lot of hitchhiking and buses, but he always seemed to manage and have a good time. Sorry, for the tangent, but if I'm going to read something along this line, I know which book I would suggest, although I feel very contradicted even comparing his literary classic to her book. Also, I apologize for the late night rambling typing, I need to hit the sheets.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    It sounds like self indulgent crap to me!!! Would'nt it be nice to have enough money to quit your job and go on a trip around the world...Gee I feel so sorry for her!

That's exactly what I thought, the fact that she has the ability/money to drop everything and indulge herself for a year means she probably doesn't have half of what the rest of us do to bitch and moan about (cry me a river, chic). I'm really between a rock and a hard place right now in my life, but I'm reading The Original Scroll (Jack's Kerouac's non-edited version of On the Road). That is a book with I guess you could say a similar theme in that of travel, but he didn't I really dig his style. It's a fun escape for me to read it and unlike "Eat, Pray, Love," there wasn't much eating, but rather a loaf of bread if he was lucky and a lot of hitchhiking and buses, but he always seemed to manage and have a good time. Sorry, for the tangent, but if I'm going to read something along this line, I know which book I would suggest, although I feel very contradicted even comparing his literary classic to her book. Also, I apologize for the late night rambling typing, I need to hit the sheets.
    I read the book (no interest in the movie), and the author received an advance for writing this book while on sabbatical, in order to afford the trip.
  • Jeanwah wrote:
    It sounds like self indulgent crap to me!!! Would'nt it be nice to have enough money to quit your job and go on a trip around the world...Gee I feel so sorry for her!

I read the book (no interest in the movie), and the author received an advance for writing this book while on sabbatical, in order to afford the trip.

That's interesting to know and explains a little bit, but still, most of us still wouldn't be afforded that luxury.

Edit: Wow, I just read my post from last night, what the hell? I sounded drunk as a skunk, a couple of my sentences make no sense, oh well...
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    Sorry everytime i see this title I think of the South Park episode, Eat Pray Queef :oops:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC