People who are ALWAYS the victim

2»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,029
    piss me off.

Have an acquaintance who got a DUI last night. Now, it's the cops' fault and they're a bunch of jerks. Uh, try again, idiot, you blew a .19 and everyone told you not to drive.

I'm tired of people passing the buck.
    .19 is ridiculous. That's like a dozen beers.. I'll drive close to .08 and take the risk, but I use good judgement on how physically impaired I am.

I once blew a .085 and got let go. I was EXTREMELY lucky. I passed all of the physical tests and was extremely cooperative with the police. From then on, if I think I have more than 3 or 4 beers still in my system, I don't drive anymore.

Your acquaintance should be in jail.

That is kinda funny" I'll use good judgement on how physically impaired I am", this after having a few drinks and studies show judgement is impaired almost immediately upon consumption. drink to your hearts content. just please stay off the road when you do.
    you'll take the risk for you and everyone else you share the road with.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    piss me off.

Have an acquaintance who got a DUI last night. Now, it's the cops' fault and they're a bunch of jerks. Uh, try again, idiot, you blew a .19 and everyone told you not to drive.

Yeah. It's a terrible approach to life. Blaming other people for everything. UGH.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    mickeyrat wrote:
    piss me off.

.19 is ridiculous. That's like a dozen beers.. I'll drive close to .08 and take the risk, but I use good judgement on how physically impaired I am.

I once blew a .085 and got let go. I was EXTREMELY lucky. I passed all of the physical tests and was extremely cooperative with the police. From then on, if I think I have more than 3 or 4 beers still in my system, I don't drive anymore.

Your acquaintance should be in jail.

That is kinda funny" I'll use good judgement on how physically impaired I am", this after having a few drinks and studies show judgement is impaired almost immediately upon consumption. drink to your hearts content. just please stay off the road when you do.
    you'll take the risk for you and everyone else you share the road with.

Well then, If you get less than 7 hrs sleep, you probably shouldn't be behind a wheel either..

"According to the Transport Accident Commission, researchers found that going without sleep for 17 hours produced effects equivalent to what could be seen in a driver with a blood alcohol content of .05."

"Researchers have also found that the longer you stay awake the more impaired you become, with those drivers who had been awake for 24 hours performing the way someone with a blood alcohol level of .10 might act."

In other words, if you're the designated driver driving home at 2 am, chances are you are impaired as well..

If you're old, your senses are impaired also..

Just use good judgement. Don't get drunk then drive.
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    pandora wrote:
    I agree police are way different than when I was young. The laws tougher, the system bigger, the basic fact that it is all about the money. We did catch a break a few years ago visiting our hometown though.
    We were in a rental car with Texas plates, not that of our home state. It was a Sunday evening about 10pm
    We had been out trying to find dinner, stopping at 2 places to find out food was done for the night. Had a wine at each then found a wonderful pizzeria, for appetizer, a bottle of wine and pizza.
    Husband was over the legal limit, which is quite low but he was not inebriated. The legal limit being about the same as the distraction of a cell phone I hear. We made our way back to the hotel via scenic route not the freeway. We got pulled over, not sure why because he was going the speed limit and not swaying.
    They did the whole check, found out we were locals back home visiting his elderly mother, husband passed the field sobriety test and they wanted me to drive the car to the hotel only about 2 miles. This funny cause I drink more than he does and of course I too was over.
    The officers, one took our car and parked it so we could retrieve in the morning the other took us to the hotel. I tried to give him my delicious smelling pizza leftovers but he would not take them, just our numerous thank you's.
    Husband would have been in so much trouble with his ma if things had gone different, something perhaps they could relate to. Moral is, there are some very nice policemen still who will give you a break if they can, its just not often in their power to.

This cracked me up. I can imagine what it must have looked like--you trying to feed the cops your pizza leftovers. "No, really here TAKE IT Officer"

I remember way back in the day, ok the 70s, when I don't think DUI existed. I remember late one night my dad, ONLY because he probably had too much to drink, spontaneously packed up the family & drove us 3 or 4 hours to visit aunt & uncle in NJ (us from PA). They were surprised. We tried to take the dog, but she puked two miles into the trip, so we had to drive her back to Grammy's. Woke her up too.

Seat belts weren't very big either--I remember that night laying in that area between the back seat and the rear window, driving down NJ toll turnpike..

..with a big fat yellow moon and "moon river" on the car stereo--that trip was one of my favorite childhood memories.

Which wouldn't have happened if DUI & seatbelts laws were as stringent.

Geez, what fallacy type did I just use to make an argument??
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    DangDang wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    I agree police are way different than when I was young. The laws tougher, the system bigger, the basic fact that it is all about the money. We did catch a break a few years ago visiting our hometown though.
    We were in a rental car with Texas plates, not that of our home state. It was a Sunday evening about 10pm
    We had been out trying to find dinner, stopping at 2 places to find out food was done for the night. Had a wine at each then found a wonderful pizzeria, for appetizer, a bottle of wine and pizza.
    Husband was over the legal limit, which is quite low but he was not inebriated. The legal limit being about the same as the distraction of a cell phone I hear. We made our way back to the hotel via scenic route not the freeway. We got pulled over, not sure why because he was going the speed limit and not swaying.
    They did the whole check, found out we were locals back home visiting his elderly mother, husband passed the field sobriety test and they wanted me to drive the car to the hotel only about 2 miles. This funny cause I drink more than he does and of course I too was over.
    The officers, one took our car and parked it so we could retrieve in the morning the other took us to the hotel. I tried to give him my delicious smelling pizza leftovers but he would not take them, just our numerous thank you's.
    Husband would have been in so much trouble with his ma if things had gone different, something perhaps they could relate to. Moral is, there are some very nice policemen still who will give you a break if they can, its just not often in their power to.

This cracked me up. I can imagine what it must have looked like--you trying to feed the cops your pizza leftovers. "No, really here TAKE IT Officer"

I remember way back in the day, ok the 70s, when I don't think DUI existed. I remember late one night my dad, ONLY because he probably had too much to drink, spontaneously packed up the family & drove us 3 or 4 hours to visit aunt & uncle in NJ (us from PA). They were surprised. We tried to take the dog, but she puked two miles into the trip, so we had to drive her back to Grammy's. Woke her up too.

Seat belts weren't very big either--I remember that night laying in that area between the back seat and the rear window, driving down NJ toll turnpike..

..with a big fat yellow moon and "moon river" on the car stereo--that trip was one of my favorite childhood memories.

Which wouldn't have happened if DUI & seatbelts laws were as stringent.

Geez, what fallacy type did I just use to make an argument??

sounded more like a reminisce than anything else. i remember those days too. good times. good times.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Yeah, I really can't feel sorry for people who drink and drive.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Yeah...a .19 is pretty shitfaced... Can't blame the cops on that one (or most other tickets that people get who always complain about it).
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    I'm an assistant district attorney(prosecutor) in a DUI unit in PA. Drinking and driving is THE most prevalent crime in the U.S., yet probably the most socially acceptable. Until we start telling ourselves, and our family members, and our friends, that it IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, it will continue to be widespread. People bitch and moan about the costs of DUI to them, attorney fees, court costs, etc... Well, guess what? YOU made the choice to get behind the wheel, now YOU must pay the consequences. I'm all for drinking if it's your thing, I've been known to toss back quite a few myself, just don't drive afterwards. Just think of it this way, a $10-$50 taxi fare or approximately $3000 for the above costs. DUI, You Can't Afford It. Thank you.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

see heres my issue... i know i can see a band and over the course of 3 hours have a couple of drinks and know that when on the very rare occasion that i drive that not only am i legally able to drive but am in total control of my faculties. so once again i ask.. what do you call drinking and driving??.. cause according to you i will have committed a crime in doing so.

not according to her at all... where did she say that you had committed a crime... she clearly meant there is no excuse for people who drink and drive... your example is dumb because you are technically legal to drive, it'd be like me attacking her for saying what she said cos i drove my car on Tuesday and I had 1 pint of lager on the Friday before that..

she was clearly meaning people who were breaking the legal limit whilst they were behind the wheel in car.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,411
    ponner1us wrote:
    I'm an assistant district attorney(prosecutor) in a DUI unit in PA. Drinking and driving is THE most prevalent crime in the U.S., yet probably the most socially acceptable. Until we start telling ourselves, and our family members, and our friends, that it IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, it will continue to be widespread. People bitch and moan about the costs of DUI to them, attorney fees, court costs, etc... Well, guess what? YOU made the choice to get behind the wheel, now YOU must pay the consequences. I'm all for drinking if it's your thing, I've been known to toss back quite a few myself, just don't drive afterwards. Just think of it this way, a $10-$50 taxi fare or approximately $3000 for the above costs. DUI, You Can't Afford It. Thank you.

It shouldn't be considered a "crime" to share a regular bottle of wine with your wife at dinner and drive home. I'm not sure if that puts you at .08, but it's not a dangerous thing to do. This is just excessive government involvement in our lives, just like the stupid age 21 thing. More money for Mr. DA here.

Now, someone at a .19, that's just ridiculous.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    ponner1us wrote:

Good points. I also heard on the radio that a recent poll reflected that this year is (highest in 25 yrs i think) the highest percentage of people who are drinking regularly. I assumed it is the economy.

I used to have a few drinks (maybe 4-5 over 3 hours -- im 250 lbs) and drive a few blocks to my favorie music venue, but I got worried and now I ride my bike there. However, I know you can get a DUI on a bike too! :shock: Plus, not to mention, it's probably not too safe.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    ponner1us wrote:

Oh, by the way, how can a checkpoint be considered constitutional? Fucking bullshit. No probable cause. This stuff just fires me up. Alcohol is so demonized in this country, but people drive around talking on their damn phones all day with no idea what they're doing.

Don't get me wrong, people who get wasted and get in the car should be arrested and de-licensed. But 2 or 3 beers or a couple glasses of wine or whatever - come on.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

It shouldn't be considered a "crime" to share a regular bottle of wine with your wife at dinner and drive home. I'm not sure if that puts you at .08, but it's not a dangerous thing to do. This is just excessive government involvement in our lives, just like the stupid age 21 thing. More money for Mr. DA here.

here here!
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    ponner1us wrote:

I never said it should be a crime to share a regular bottle of wine with your wife and drive home, or have a couple of beers and drive home, as long as you're under the limit you're fine in the eyes of the law. And, contrary to popular belief, it takes quite a few to reach the limit. Mr. DA here gets paid the same whether there are 50 duis/week or 1/week. Thanks for the personal attack.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
    ponner1us wrote:
    ponner1us wrote:

I never said it should be a crime to share a regular bottle of wine with your wife and drive home, or have a couple of beers and drive home, as long as you're under the limit you're fine in the eyes of the law. And, contrary to popular belief, it takes quite a few to reach the limit. Mr. DA here gets paid the same whether there are 50 duis/week or 1/week. Thanks for the personal attack.

Sorry I got a little fired up. If that's the case I guess I don't have anything to worry about then. On the other hand, I'd imagine that 50 dui's/week vs. 1/week would result in the hiring of more Mr. DA's.