Cluthe/Lee - a band born on these boards!

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    Gents, I’m kicking the tires and putting an outline together for a PJ/Faithful podcast and was thinking a segment of highlighting music by folks on the board would be a cool idea. What do you think? Would you have a song preference?
    Hey man!
    I'm cool with it! I'd wait for Chris to chime in. I'll shoot you a pm.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    mfc2006 said:
    Gents, I’m kicking the tires and putting an outline together for a PJ/Faithful podcast and was thinking a segment of highlighting music by folks on the board would be a cool idea. What do you think? Would you have a song preference?
    Hey man!
    I'm cool with it! I'd wait for Chris to chime in. I'll shoot you a pm.
    Absolutely! We did an episode with Donny and his ATS podcast years back and really enjoyed it!
    www.cluthelee.com
    Columbia, Missouri & Kansas City, Missouri shows TBD in early 2019. Hope to see some of you out!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Columbia, Missouri & Kansas City, Missouri shows TBD in early 2019. Hope to see some of you out!
    What's the recording policy? :wink:
    njnancy said:
    What's the recording policy? :wink:
    :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
    Mixing down individual tracks continues - things are moving along. Next week I plan to contact a few venues in Columbia about availability for a show in the next few months. If you want to follow more closely, I'm on Instagram. My handle is dustyincolumbia
    www.cluthelee.com
    Little something off our forthcoming LP. 

https://instagram.com/p/BsgeJi0n80mhs1_MIVlbTzEZXaoigteUYRzaO80/

www.cluthelee.com
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Thank you for the updates! I've included you in some of my play lists on Spotify, so who know if you'll show up on a list of someone who listens to the same bands as me?? I forget which tracks I added, will let you know. 

I need to listen to your new stuff ^^ .. Congrats on moving forward with the band!!  :rock_on:
    njnancy said:
    Thank you for the updates! I've included you in some of my play lists on Spotify, so who know if you'll show up on a list of someone who listens to the same bands as me?? I forget which tracks I added, will let you know. 

I need to listen to your new stuff ^^ .. Congrats on moving forward with the band!!  :rock_on:
    Thanks! Hope you enjoy it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    I have never seen this thread!  Congrats on everything accomplished.  Very inspiring to read the commitment in spite of "hectic lives" and "full time careers."  I plan to totally catch up in the near future...any idea which album to start with?!
    FrankY59 said:
    I have never seen this thread!  Congrats on everything accomplished.  Very inspiring to read the commitment in spite of "hectic lives" and "full time careers."  I plan to totally catch up in the near future...any idea which album to start with?!
    Wow! Thanks!! I’d start with our last one Where It Began & work backwards. Also check out our Reverb page - has a ton of discarded stuff, jams, etc

www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling 
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited July 2019
    Hi, all!

I hope that everyone is doing well!

VERY long overdue update, but I wanted to chime in real quick.

Chris and I will be getting together next week to finalize album #4. We both know that it has been a long time coming, but we've each had some time this summer to dust everything off to wrap up this album.

The album is still untitled, but we have a few ideas. My sister, Maura, will once again be providing us with original artwork. We are *almost* done with the mixing phase. Our goal is to complete it next week when he is in town. Once that is done, it will be mastered. More info coming regarding tracklisting, completion date, etc to come.

It sounds like us....maybe a tamer version of us & less experimentation, but still very much us. We hope that you like it.

I just want to thank you all because I know for a fact that this update sounds like a lot of past updates, but we are actually close to being done. Moves, careers, kids, etc have slowed us down a bit but we are ready to release this asap.

Cheers from KC,
    Matt

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,827
    mfc2006 said:
    Hi, all!

Chris and I will be getting together next week to finalize album #4. We both know that it has been a long time coming, but we've each had some time this summer to dust everything off to wrap up this album.

The album is still untitled, but we have a few ideas. My sister, Maura, will once again be providing us with original artwork. We are *almost* done with the mixing phase. Our goal is to complete it next week when he is in town. Once that is done, it will be mastered. More info coming regarding tracklisting, completion date, etc to come.

It sounds like us....maybe a tamer version of us & less experimentation, but still very much us. We hope that you like it.

I just want to thank you all because I know for a fact that this update sounds like a lot of past updates, but we are actually close to being done. Moves, careers, kids, etc have slowed us down a bit but we are ready to release this asap.

Cheers from KC,
    Matt

So it’s forthcoming...

sorry had to be said
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    edited July 2019
    mfc2006 said:
    Hi, all!

Cheers from KC,
    Matt

So it’s forthcoming...

sorry had to be said
    Yeah, not how/when we intended it come out....but it is forthcoming.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    2020 forthcoming...raising kids has taken 1st chair in my life (no regrets)! For those still interested in this project, hang in there and thanks for your patience and your support since 2009! Wow, that was the year Backspacer was released. Hmm, that feels like a really long time ago doesn't it? How lucky am I to have had such a musically fruitful decade with one of the coolest dudes around?
    www.cluthelee.com
    Quick update for those that have followed our 11 year musical journey! I’ve started revisiting mixes from our 4th album and Matt & I both hope to have this released digitally by the end of the summer. Grand plans for release fell through unfortunately, but we still plan to get it finished and out there for you. This record isn’t like any of the previous 3 but has a familiar feeling to it at the same time. Thankfully these songs are already in a fairly completed state, so it should take too long to finalize them. Artwork, sequence, album title, copyright and streaming distribution are the pieces that remain after. Thank you for your support all these years! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Excited to dig in and finish this album! I listened to it for the first time in a long time last week and he’s right...it’s close to being done and it sounds very different from our last album, Where It Began. Can’t wait to share it with you!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    When s the next live show?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    When s the next live show?
    If we can do it safely, maybe sometime this summer or fall. I’m in KC and Chris is right down the road in Columbia. I’ve just started looking at booking some solo shows around KC. Time will tell, man! That being said, I just can’t wait to hang out with him soon!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,964
    mfc2006 said:
    Excited to dig in and finish this album! I listened to it for the first time in a long time last week and he’s right...it’s close to being done and it sounds very different from our last album, Where It Began. Can’t wait to share it with you!
    Awesome!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    Are you guys still considering a vinyl release?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    Are you guys still considering a vinyl release?
    Never say never, but not at this time. It’s very expensive and we aren’t even sure that we could sell out of a minimum run.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Would take a considerable amount of cash and interest to make it happen. Plus professional mastering and mixing to make it sound good. You never know down the line! I’d love to get this one out and play some shows with Matt! We haven’t played live since PJ20 ten years ago! Ten!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    For those that are new to our music see below:

Albums on Spotify:

Albums on Apple Music:

B-Sides, Live, Alternates and Jams (2009-2015)

www.cluthelee.com
    I've started going in and working on mixing and mastering potential album #4 songs these past 3 Sundays. I've been sending Matt what I have so far and we plan to get our heads together this summer and get the album built head to toe and released out there to you all. If these songs make it, I'm super excited cos' they sound great! Best we've done together!
    www.cluthelee.com
    I've started going in and working on mixing and mastering potential album #4 songs these past 3 Sundays. I've been sending Matt what I have so far and we plan to get our heads together this summer and get the album built head to toe and released out there to you all. If these songs make it, I'm super excited cos' they sound great! Best we've done together!
    Awesome! 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

B) 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    A real joy! Plus I love learning how to make stuff sound great! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Chris has been the very definition of patience with me lately. We've both had a ton going on lately and we have each gone through super intense & determined periods to finish this album, but the other isn't quite ready. Currently, that would be me. I've finally started to come up for air after a crazy year and he has spearheaded the latest effort to finish this album. For that, I am incredibly thankful to him. Amazing friend, amazing bandmate and a truly amazing human.

As I type this, I know that there are rough mixes sitting in my inbox waiting to be digested and I plan to do just that this weekend. This album will be very different for a lot of reasons. I'm sure we'll both get into that as things progress. I've been writing a ton, but I've had a tough time recording/mixing lately...not sure why that roadblock exists for me at the moment, but I'm working through it & Chris has been super patient.

Enough about that stuff....back to the album, There's a song that has been a b-side for years that will make it on the album (I hope), a tune that has the primary recording on my iPhone, we trade off instruments (as always) and you all will get to hear my 'ok' drumming on a tune that is dear to me. 

It's Friday and I'm rambling a bit. Sorry---just very thankful for Chris and the music we create. We're excited to share some more soon.

Be well!
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    ❤️
    www.cluthelee.com