Options

Artillery is up and items are for sale!!!

Comments

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Fuck me! I went to sleep at 3:45!!!!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options

that dusseldorf poster is just KICK ASS!!!!!

that one i would actually think of purchasing.....and hanging on my wall....

Use some drywall screws to hang that one up? hehehehe
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    what i find strange....and again im not a poster person.....

is that people who were up at 3am were the only ones who had a chance for these.....to me thats just weird....

i see how so many people here are interested in obtaining those posters and spend a lot of time and money on those posters.....and the only chance to get some "classic" posters was to be up at 3am???

and again im clueless......does this artist have sales like these often???
    is this the first time???

Like I said, I have a feeling it was a test run - I've known other artists to do maintenance and tests at 3-5 AM because the volume will be significantly less. What happens a lot of times with a storefront is you can SEE there's problems/watch the crash happen - but even those with the backend admin rights can't get into it to fix it either. By doing this at night, you can test and make adjustments while people are beating up the site..

So, if it is a test run, there should be more. However, if I were him, I'd still keep the sale date/times random to ease up on the server load (though that wouldn't help us!)

Most artists don't have the demand like Klausen, so they have minimal issues with their shopping cart. Other artists do first come/first serve by email. It all depends on how web savvy they are I suppose! :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Use some drywall screws to hang that one up? hehehehe
    fuck it...i would just use some good ole scotch tape......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    fuck it...i would just use some good ole scotch tape......

My buddy did that with his 1998 Alpine Valley poster when he was in college. hehehe

It doesn't look that bad, but I'm sure a few people would cry if they saw it. LOL
  • Options
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Wait, LizardKing,
    Didn't you say in an earlier thread that you got everything of BK's at Flatstock, and tsked, tsked all those people standing in line who were obviously there "just to flip his posters"?

So you were going for seconds, buddy?

No I didn't say that, I got the 4 from this year I really want, Brad wasn't selling older poster's at Flatstock. I want some from 2006, 2005. But thanks for trying to put words in my mouth, always nice when people don't have a clue!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    anyone who wants to hook me up with a hawaii... let me know

strangely enough i wasn't up checking his site at 4am
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:
    anyone who wants to hook me up with a hawaii... let me know

strangely enough i wasn't up checking his site at 4am

And you call your self a Fan........................Another SuperHero exposed :(
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    whew ...

woke up this morning half expecting there to be an e-mail stating:

"Wer're sorry, the site was not supposed to be live, your money has been refunded, we will open the site up again at a future date."

As I said earlier (actually, in my first post) ... this really blows for all you really wanting this. It was pure dumb luck for me to catch the site changing just before I took off for bed.

I *would* stress that it seemed just about exactly 1 hour. Only one poster, the Honalulu went from for sale to not available ... all the others were for sale when the shut down came.

I went over to ebeans after the sale and looked at the most viewed ... about 15-20 hits on some the Klausen posters, some with much less ... so, I don't think this was hundreds of people scarfing every last drop of his site, I think there will be more to be had.

If you got questions, I'll answer 'em ... good luck all ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    jimed14 wrote:
    ok, most notables not for sale ...

DC
    Toronto
    Boston (both ... damn!)
    NEOCON
    Easy Street
    NW School
    Gorge
    L.A.
    Borgata

I think BK stated elsewhere that the DC and Easy Street would not be available from his site anyway. The one I REALLY wanted was the Hawaii one - I would have had the 'surfing' trio then - but, well, that's life. I'll have to try and pick others up for trade bait.
  • Options
    how much was the hawaii goin for?
  • Options
    how much was the hawaii goin for?

85 USD
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • Options
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Didn't he get one at Flatstock a couple weeks ago?

no he didnt, they sold out, he said there was a sign put up "More later"... why are you up in everyone's business?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Yes, It changed to "not for purchase".. It didnt say "sold out". Maybe he is saving some for later

All his sold out posters said "not for purchase"
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    All his sold out posters said "not for purchase"

Yes you are right..
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • Options
    Yes you are right..

wish I wasnt :(
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Cursing like a sailor for not having my insomniac hubby checking all night.

Crap, crap, crap. <sigh>
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    ....i'll whine.....such a bullshit release time.

are you really that surprised with the timing?
  • Options
    I can't even access it...it just keeps asking for an email address...then states I'm already registered, then nothing.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Sawyer wrote:
    i feel little sympathy for Brad with his plea.......capitalism exists in this country so when Brad went off on his tangent of the greed people were exhibiting for his art...well, welcome to america.....whenever a product cannot meet demand people will go after it......this goes for posters, real estate,etc......so to release the prints at a very european hour was a bit tacky in my opinion.

Europeans like me were waiting t´til 3am our time and then decided to sleep a little longer just to be ready for the next nightshift. Just wanted that damn´Dusseldorf print ´cause the 1 per person at the show back in june did not seem to work since some people have sold like 10 prints on ebay already.
    So to me it wasn´t a european time since i was expecting a PST sale. All i can say did not like the timing either but congrats to the one who got what they wanted.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    Sawyer wrote:
    i feel little sympathy for Brad with his plea.......capitalism exists in this country so when Brad went off on his tangent of the greed people were exhibiting for his art...well, welcome to america.....whenever a product cannot meet demand people will go after it......this goes for posters, real estate,etc......so to release the prints at a very european hour was a bit tacky in my opinion.

Brad is selling euro posters too you know. Why do you find the timing tacky?? I applaud Brad for timing it this way, seing how many australians and europeans have sacrificed sleep only too be let down.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Is the site working still? Can't seem to get past the mailing bit
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    I;m having the same problem.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Didn't he get one at Flatstock a couple weeks ago?

Brad shut down Hawaii right when I walked up.... I also got to watch Atlantic City and LA sell out right in front of me.... Who is this Mysterious Bicycle Joe?
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    GR8Dane wrote:
    Brad shut down Hawaii right when I walked up.... I also got to watch Atlantic City and LA sell out right in front of me.... Who is this Mysterious Bicycle Joe?

I don't know but he may ride a bicycle. :)

Ok I'll leave now and go watch the GB/NY game. hehehehe

I want a LA so bad, mine got destroyed in the mail when I bought it from 10c. :(
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    wash_ wrote:

The site was shut down apparently within an hour of it's launch. General concensus, which I agree with, is that it was probably a test run and a few lucky bastards were up at that hour to benefit. (and I say "bastards" with all the love)

It's back to the email sign up only people. We're back to the waiting game.

I echo the sentiment, Hail Hail the lucky ones. I refer to those who were up at 1am PT. Kudos.

Peace,
    KJ
  • Options
    Fuck...I was at the beach all day on the beautiful island near my hometown...I didn't get anything...just my luck.
    Fuck that...I had a perfect day.

Can someone at least tell me what was for the sale?? What price so I know what will see on eBay??
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options

Can someone at least tell me what was for the sale?? What price so I know what will see on eBay??

All that info is in this thread.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    4 am to do a testrun ?

:rolleyes:

what the fuck ?

starting to come to the realization that i will never get a DC or a Hawaii U2 / PJ
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    4 am to do a testrun ?

:rolleyes:

what the fuck ?

starting to come to the realization that i will never get a DC or a Hawaii U2 / PJ
    Have no fear Bath, there's always SLH.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life