Options

Artillery is up and items are for sale!!!

Comments

• Options
    ok poster people i have a question....

i am not a poster person....i only own one....the ugliest poster they ever released(what i have heard)...chicago 06...hehehe and its still in its tube...hehe

but what makes certain posters so much more valuable???

like why is the vic....which i would have to imagine a very rare poster....since it was such a small show.....not worth as much as say a hawaii????

why would the HOB poster only be selling for $100??? i would think that poster had to be as rare as hell and therefore worth gazillions....

They printed alot of the Vic posters from what I heard... so if there is a higher print run then the value isnt quite as high. An artist proof also known as signed and numbered increases that base value because in theory these are the first run of prints that the printer sends to the artist to approve the full print run, the s/n ones are supposed to be flawless.

I dont know why the HOB poster doesnt got for alot more but my only guess is that the ratio to people at the show and posters printed is closer than say the gorge shows or the Hawaii U2 show.

Then there is just hype... and there is alot of that going on right now. Brad himself thinks the money being paied for the hawaiis is rediculous. But people ARE paying it.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    I'm sure he is typing away and will explain the reason with the poster question you have.

booyah! :)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    im out people... gonna sleep
  • Options
    FUCK!
    I WAS AWAKE! I HAVE BEEN CHECKING RELIGOUSLY. I LIVE IN NY TOO. I'VE BEEN UP ALL NIGHT, Ive been having maritial problems and my wife is coming today to talk (She hasn't been here in 5 days- At her in laws- and more embarassing nost of our friends know- and I was cleaning, I mean REALLY cleaning... soap scum in the bathroom, swiferring dry and wet, polishhing chrome... anything you can think of... to show her I care. I would still make the same choice I guess but a 2 minute break to get a Dusseldorf and Hawaii would have been nice. If there is a LOVING soul who ended up buying an extra Dusseldorf or Hawaii (I know it is the longest fucking shot) but maybe someone bought these and already has them... maybe you bought em on a whim and are just gonna have them to have them if so then put yourself in my unluck shoes... Cause I was glued to artillery, especially since my wife left me.... but I'd do anything to win her back... PM me post in this thread... I can't do ebay, it's one of my wife's problems with me, I at one point almost sold my posrer collection but she understood its value to me and she knew how bad I wanted these two klausens (Too bad Neocon) Is there anybody outhere?

PS: I'll put this in the Artillery thread as well
    POP POP!
  • Options
    ok another question for you poster people???

but i think i know the answer....

did they sell these posters as 2am because they knew if they did it when 1000 people were on this board their site would have surely crashed?????

make sense???

cuz by doing it at the time they did......i have a feeling there are gonna be a lot of angry people.....right?????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    well fuck that sucks for was east and midwest folks...... wish I still lived on the west coast. A unannounced sale at 3:30 am is hard to be prepared for espically since I just got up at 6:30 to go to work...........

what am I to do, thanks for thinking of us, I gues I will wait for 10C :(
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,562
    Holy shit!

Got lucky on this one!

Secured a Hawaii and a Dusseldorf!

I also bought Todd Slaters 'wings' TOOL poster!

Can't wait to get them framed!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    jmacdjmacd Posts: 145
    well that blows as i checked before i went to bed & then wake up to see the site went live....does anybody think there are any hamilton's left???? so what time was it EST?
    toronto '92 X 2, toronto '93, hamilton '05, toronto 1 '06, toronto '09, buffalo '10, london '13, buffalo '13
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    ok another question for you poster people???

but i think i know the answer....

did they sell these posters as 2am because they knew if they did it when 1000 people were on this board their site would have surely crashed?????

make sense???

cuz by doing it at the time they did......i have a feeling there are gonna be a lot of angry people.....right?????

I would say yes, for the most part. If it was only up for an hour it could mean he was doing a 'test' sale to see how the server, database, etc. held up under demand, and possibly have more of those posters in stock. Or, he just may be an insomniac and likes to do sales at night and is, in fact, sold out. :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    Damn sleep.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    There were lots of prints still available when the site went down so hopefully there will be a second chance for those who missed it..
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    There were lots of prints still available when the site went down so hopefully there will be a second chance for those who missed it..

Yeah that's what I was thinking. We've done the same thing in the past to test functionality.

Fingers crossed for those who want them!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,160
    Someone get GR8Dane a hawaii, he's good for it... I vouch for him. I'd get it myself but I just bought one...

Didn't he get one at Flatstock a couple weeks ago?
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Of course for those of us whose single target was Honolulu, the reports sound like we're SOL.
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I would say yes, for the most part. If it was only up for an hour it could mean he was doing a 'test' sale to see how the server, database, etc. held up under demand, and possibly have more of those posters in stock. Or, he just may be an insomniac and likes to do sales at night and is, in fact, sold out. :)
    ok...here is another question....

i am reading different threads that say only a certain amount of posters were released for certain shows....

lets say 200 posters that were signed by the artist were released for hawaii. the day of the concert...

but now the artist is releasing more signed posters of that same show???

so now just common sense is telling me the value of this poster is /should be decreasing???? right....

actually the value of all the posters he just released should make the value of the posters decrease.....right...

i mean if people were willing to spend say $700 for a showbox in the last year on ebay or expresso........but now there were just 300 more showbox posters released.....well that showbox poster is no longer worth $700...right????

and again dont laugh if im not making sense.....im not as poster person....hehehe

and i have no idea how many posters were just sold....im sure you have an idea.....
  • Options
    Congrats to some of the regulars that were able to get some during this mini sale. Hope I'm around for part 2. I was already in bed after a big day of beer and college football. :D Normal life beat me at the poster game again.

I must say, 3 am on a Saturday night is....forget it, I'm not going to say it. :mad: ;)
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Of course for those of us whose single target was Honolulu, the reports sound like we're SOL.

Yes, It changed to "not for purchase".. It didnt say "sold out". Maybe he is saving some for later
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • Options
    ok...here is another question....

i am reading different threads that say only a certain amount of posters were released for certain shows....

lets say 200 posters that were signed by the artist were released for hawaii. the day of the concert...

but now the artist is releasing more signed posters of that same show???

so now just common sense is telling me the value of this poster is /should be decreasing???? right....

actually the value of all the posters he just released should make the value of the posters decrease.....right...

i mean if people were willing to spend say $700 for a showbox in the last year on ebay or expresso........but now there were just 300 more showbox posters released.....well that showbox poster is no longer worth $700...right????

and again dont laugh if im not making sense.....im not as poster person....hehehe

and i have no idea how many posters were just sold....im sure you have an idea.....
    In thoery, the secondary market value should fall with an increase in supply, yes. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not, depends upon how many get sold in the recent sale and the popularity of the individual print.
  • Options
    Yes, It changed to "not for purchase".. It didnt say "sold out". Maybe he is saving some for later
    Of course everything was listed as "not for purchase" leading up to the midnight madness sale, including the ones Brad specifically has mentioned are not going to be available, so it sounds like "not for purchase" may be the terminology for "sold out" on his site.
  • Options

Yea I saw change to ''not for purchase'' also. It was sure exciting being able to get one. :D
  • Options
    I think it was just a test run, luckily at the right time in Australia for us, there were still lots that weren't sold out when the site was shut down (or crashed) and i think I was one of the lucky ones who got in early, the only one i saw sold out was the Hawaii, but there were lots of his older prints (as stated that weren't for sale), I 'm with Foxy on this and I'm sure you will get another chance today, Good Luck
    "Futures Above, But In The Past He's Slow and Sinking"

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Of course everything was listed as "not for purchase" leading up to the midnight madness sale, including the ones Brad specifically has mentioned are not going to be available, so it sounds like "not for purchase" may be the terminology for "sold out" on his site.

Yeah, you are probably right
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    what i find strange....and again im not a poster person.....

is that people who were up at 3am were the only ones who had a chance for these.....to me thats just weird....

i see how so many people here are interested in obtaining those posters and spend a lot of time and money on those posters.....and the only chance to get some "classic" posters was to be up at 3am???

and again im clueless......does this artist have sales like these often???
    is this the first time???
  • Options
    is that people who were up at 3am were the only ones who had a chance for these.....to me thats just weird....

i see how so many people here are interested in obtaining those posters and spend a lot of time and money on those posters.....and the only chance to get some "classic" posters was to be up at 3am???

Now you see why us poster people are stressed all the time, LOL.

It's all one big mindfuck. :D

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    what i find strange....and again im not a poster person.....

This is Klausen's first sale through his own website. He had a couple of other attempts this summer which didn't pan out, first due to not being set up properly with Paypal, then the site crashed.

This may have been an unannounced dry run to see how the reconfigured site handled things, but of course if he subsequently announces a sale time, the volume may crash the site anyway, as its likely to be at least 20x times what he had last night.
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:
    OK WTF I go to it, and it is only the Submit your email screen? Brad Help!!!

Wait, LizardKing,
    Didn't you say in an earlier thread that you got everything of BK's at Flatstock, and tsked, tsked all those people standing in line who were obviously there "just to flip his posters"?

So you were going for seconds, buddy?
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    This is Klausen's first sale through his own website. He had a couple of other attempts this summer which didn't pan out, first due to not being set up properly with Paypal, then the site crashed.

This may have been an unannounced dry run to see how the reconfigured site handled things, but of course if he subsequently announces a sale time, the volume may crash the site anyway, as its likely to be at least 20x times what he had last night.

It was being at the right place at the right time for some of us. It was so smooth to pick what you wanted, no problems at all. What a beautiful thing.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:

hmmmm......

interesting.....thanks for the answers....

one thing i know......is out of all the posters i have ever seen.....

that dusseldorf poster is just KICK ASS!!!!!

that one i would actually think of purchasing.....and hanging on my wall....
  • Options
    It was being at the right place at the right time for some of us. It was so smooth to pick what you wanted, no problems at all. What a beautiful thing.

well....great. :mad: ;)

• Options
    ULonesome wrote:
    FUCK!
    I WAS AWAKE! I HAVE BEEN CHECKING RELIGOUSLY. I LIVE IN NY TOO. I'VE BEEN UP ALL NIGHT, Ive been having maritial problems and my wife is coming today to talk (She hasn't been here in 5 days- At her in laws- and more embarassing nost of our friends know- and I was cleaning, I mean REALLY cleaning... soap scum in the bathroom, swiferring dry and wet, polishhing chrome... anything you can think of... to show her I care. I would still make the same choice I guess but a 2 minute break to get a Dusseldorf and Hawaii would have been nice. If there is a LOVING soul who ended up buying an extra Dusseldorf or Hawaii (I know it is the longest fucking shot) but maybe someone bought these and already has them... maybe you bought em on a whim and are just gonna have them to have them if so then put yourself in my unluck shoes... Cause I was glued to artillery, especially since my wife left me.... but I'd do anything to win her back... PM me post in this thread... I can't do ebay, it's one of my wife's problems with me, I at one point almost sold my posrer collection but she understood its value to me and she knew how bad I wanted these two klausens (Too bad Neocon) Is there anybody outhere?

PS: I'll put this in the Artillery thread as well

Dude, sorry for intruding -- but you opened up -- but maybe you should focus on your marriage and forget the posters for now. Sounds serious. And these posters won't make your life right.