Toddlers and Tiaras show... wtf?

blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Has anyone seen this piece of trash television show?

Basically little kids beauty pageants and parents who take it WAAAAYYYY too seriously... My wife got sucked into it last night, and I saw parts of a couple episodes... Every one of those parents need beaten with a tire iron, and more than likely all of those spoiled girls are going to end up pregnant at 15, meth addicts and/or strippers...

I thought crazy sports parents were bad, but they got nothing compared to these loony toons.
My whole life
was like a picture
of a sunny day
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
― Abraham Lincoln
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    those "parents" should all be charged with child abuse, have their children taken away from them and sterilized
  • InsideManInsideMan Posts: 261
    The show is truly sickening.
    2009: Philly 3 & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG I
    2011: EV Philly
    2012: Philly MIA
    2013: Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Philly 1 & 2, Baltimore
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    This shit even creeps me out.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i love how poor all those families are...

PUT THAT PAGEANT MONEY TOWARDS COLLEGE YOU FUCKTARDS! OR A MOLD-FREE HOME! OR CLOTHES THAT CAN BE WORN MORE THAN ONCE! OR CHARITY!

i'm surprised they're able to find people willing to be on the show... the editing always makes them out to be monsters/hillbillies... more so than they actually are :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I think it's kind of sick, I don't understand it.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I'm totally addicted to it. Was last night the one where the crazy mom talks about serial killers and how if you're really beautiful you won't go to jail - something insane like that.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Now this is a WTF I can get behind.

I was channel surfing last nite and saw about 20 min. of this too. SICK< SICK SICK.

And it seems to always be the less than, shall we say.................attractive moms doing this? Glory days? Talk about some good values they are instilling.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    i wonder what the application process is for the judges of these pageant... some of them look a little :? shall we say "mustached"

you're just askin for trouble when you dress your 5 year old up like she's 20

THE FAKE TEETH?! GOD :o

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    They should revisit the contestants in 2025....see how many of them are strippers, drug addicts, or in abusive relationships!
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    C'mon you guys, let's not be so hard on strippers! ;)
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    libragirl wrote:
    I think it's kind of sick, I don't understand it.
    I second that.. :roll:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    my wife watches this show and the little miss perfect one...she likes to see how crazy those parents get

while it's disgusting to see those parents put their kids in these pageants, what's worse is the pedophile-looking male judge on one of those shows....he's just creepy personified, as is the guy announcer on the miss perfect one (if he wasn't obviously gay, he'd be even creepier than that judge)
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    my wife watches this show and the little miss perfect one...she likes to see how crazy those parents get

while it's disgusting to see those parents put their kids in these pageants, what's worse is the pedophile-looking male judge on one of those shows....he's just creepy personified, as is the guy announcer on the miss perfect one (if he wasn't obviously gay, he'd be even creepier than that judge)

Well lets face it, for a guy to be a kids pageant judge, he either has to be gay or a pedophile. Hopefully they are just all gay.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141

Well lets face it, for a guy to be a kids pageant judge, he either has to be gay or a pedophile. Hopefully they are just all gay.
    true...I don't think that judge was gay...so parents beware

either way his creep factor was insanely high off the charts....made me feel uneasy just seeing him on the tv...
    anyone see the one where the father of the little girl was SO OBVIOUSLY gay? he and the mother must've come to some sort of mating agreement in order to have a little pageant baby... he was just as bad as the moms :lol:

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    Yeah another nail in the coffin of this countries moral values all Reality TV is in the same boat i don't watch any of it ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    anyone see the one where the father of the little girl was SO OBVIOUSLY gay? he and the mother must've come to some sort of mating agreement in order to have a little pageant baby... he was just as bad as the moms :lol:

I am ashamed to say I have seen so many of these shows that there are MANY dads who seem way way too into the pageant thing and could be gay.

I can't decide what's creepier - the spray tan or the flipper fake teeth thing.
    Yeah another nail in the coffin of this countries moral values all Reality TV is in the same boat i don't watch any of it ...
    what i dont understand is why everything is either cakes or midgets these days... are those really the 2 most interesting things?

The harsh predictions about these kids becoming drug addicts, or worse *gasp* some kind of slut stripper, were a bit much....(I mean... youre talking about the kids themselves - give em a chance at least, christ)....... whatever, tried to laugh it off.... but now we're all grouping gay people in with pedophiles as the only other demographic who would stoop to involvment in this fucked up business? Man bry - you werent fuckin around when you said you hate how pc we've become, huh? :D :?

And....all of you people watching the show (while blaming your spouses of course ;) ) and expressing your disgust on the internet are a touch hypocrtical, no? Id be willing to bet the producers knew it would be controversial, and counted on this reaction to spread the word. Like...what a train wreck these people are, im going to watch and judge....by doing so, you support the show, right? Turn off your tv's people! If you know its garbage, dont fucking watch! Simple...
    i never said i didnt support the show... its hilarious... these pageant are gonna keep happening either way... i might as well be able to watch... reality TV exists so people can judge... if that makes a few people feel better about themselves then cool

as far as the gay thing goes... no one is grouping them with pedophiles... its opposite ends of the spectrum... im totally cool with gays taking part in this stuff (not to say that being gay automatically means you're interested in fashion and cuteness)... totally against pedophiles (obviously)... dont really see why a guy who is neither would want to take any part in it... is it an assumption? yes.

i never said i didnt support the show... its hilarious... these pageant are gonna keep happening either way... i might as well be able to watch... reality TV exists so people can judge... if that makes a few people feel better about themselves then cool

as far as the gay thing goes... no one is grouping them with pedophiles... its opposite ends of the spectrum... im totally cool with gays taking part in this stuff (not to say that being gay automatically means you're interested in fashion and cuteness)... totally against pedophiles (obviously)... dont really see why a guy who is neither would want to take any part in it... is it an assumption? yes.
    ha. I think it's cool you at least have the balls to say you support it. I won't bother with the moral argument, nor judge your decision ;) Cause then I'd be judging someone for judging someone who is judging someone, and I'm way too buzzed to get my head around that.
    But in defence of my rant, BRY's post did exactly what I said it did...just a bit of a tasteless joke, but I'm not really one to judge ;)
    the problem is the people that watch it for the humor/trainwreck aspect...there's really no other reason a network/producer would do it....it makes money because people consider it a guilty pleasure

and i am by no means judging the people that do watch it...i totally get it...i'm probably gonna get wasted in a few minutes and watch jersey shore so i'm as guilty as the next guy

it's the toddler pageants that i have a real problem with...those children do not want to do it...their fucking lowlife mothers put them into it and to me it's the same as if they sold their kids as sex slaves
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    The harsh predictions about these kids becoming drug addicts, or worse *gasp* some kind of slut stripper, were a bit much....(I mean... youre talking about the kids themselves - give em a chance at least, christ)....... whatever, tried to laugh it off.... but now we're all grouping gay people in with pedophiles as the only other demographic who would stoop to involvment in this fucked up business? Man bry - you werent fuckin around when you said you hate how pc we've become, huh? :D :?

I'm giving the kids a chance, but growing up with parents like the ones on this show, they don't seem like they really have the best chance at normal lives. Most of us grew up in homes with some discipline, and parents who didn't want to live their failed dreams through us and just be our best friends instead of parents...

And slow down there... I'm not grouping gay people with pedophiles at all, just saying that not really many straight guys would judge beauty pageants in general, so either these guy judges are gay (nothing wrong with that at all), or they are spending their time looking at little kids for other (scary) reasons.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    edited July 2010

I'm giving the kids a chance, but growing up with parents like the ones on this show, they don't seem like they really have the best chance at normal lives. Most of us grew up in homes with some discipline, and parents who didn't want to live their failed dreams through us and just be our best friends instead of parents...

And slow down there... I'm not grouping gay people with pedophiles at all, just saying that not really many straight guys would judge beauty pageants in general, so either these guy judges are gay (nothing wrong with that at all), or they are spending their time looking at little kids for other (scary) reasons.
    Hey, I've never even seen the show...I don't know anything about the pageants, nor how fucked up the parents are...I just don't see it as constructive to make predictions about the kids and talk about how fucked they are pre-destined to be....I know they'll probably never read it...but you can bet they'll probably read SOME comment similar to yours, if they were to google their name or something. But hey, like I say...I'm not one to judge. I just like making these dumb observations, don't mean to accuse you of anything heinous. I know they're meant as casual comments, so I'm trying not to get on a horse here...
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
    norm wrote:
    the problem is the people that watch it for the humor/trainwreck aspect...there's really no other reason a network/producer would do it....it makes money because people consider it a guilty pleasure

and i am by no means judging the people that do watch it...i totally get it...i'm probably gonna get wasted in a few minutes and watch jersey shore so i'm as guilty as the next guy

it's the toddler pageants that i have a real problem with...those children do not want to do it...their fucking lowlife mothers put them into it and to me it's the same as if they sold their kids as sex slaves

ya, I hear what you're saying, and agree. Just pointing out that, to me, if you can say you have a problem with the pageants, you should have a problem watching that show, since it's the industry itself that makes the show possible (not you; don't think you've mentioned if you've watched it or not)...

you just know there are people in the world with lightbulbs going off in their heads as they watch the show, as with any of our entertainment - people will emulate the dumbest shit....and they're only able to watch it on tv because of all the righteous folk who watch it to condem it. irony?

In other words, norm....it's your fault if people are trying to look and act like the cast of jersey shore :o:D
    ya, I hear what you're saying, and agree. Just pointing out that, to me, if you can say you have a problem with the pageants, you should have a problem watching that show, since it's the industry itself that makes the show possible (not you; don't think you've mentioned if you've watched it or not)...

haven't watched a second...saw a commercial for it and wanted to throw my tv
    you just know there are people in the world with lightbulbs going off in their heads as they watch the show, as with any of our entertainment - people will emulate the dumbest shit....and they're only able to watch it on tv because of all the righteous folk who watch it to condem it. irony?

this is why i can't stand most of this reality tv shit...it just perpetuates that being the lowest common denominator is something to aspire to
    In other words, norm....it's your fault if people are trying to look and act like the cast of jersey shore :o:D

:twisted:

nope, not me...i gave it 3 minutes and my iq started dropping exponentially so i turned on 'revenge of the nerds' :mrgreen:
    As always - all the right answers, my friend! :D
    I'm totally above that pageant show...but not a little BUSH! ;)
    edited July 2010
    As always - all the right answers, my friend! :D
    I'm totally above that pageant show...but not a little BUSH! ;)

hair pie!! :lol::lol:
    Post edited by norm on
    frig you're fast! It took me like 3 seconds to edit that post, and you 1 to quote me before i did :lol:
    And now I have to see that movie again, been years!
  • The first time I came across this show, I turned the channel faster than you can say Jon Benet Ramsey.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014