Greek Yogurt (rant)

2»

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Do you put anything in it besides a little fruit?

A drizzle of honey, a sprinkling of nuts..... Doesn't really need anything else. If I have it with fruit, I'll put the fruit in a bowl, top it with yogurt, then honey (sometimes nuts as well... depends what I have going).

Also, there aren't that many brands of commercially available greek yogurt, even in Greece. Naturally, there are the local ones in Greece but these usually have very limited distribution.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    redrock wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Do you put anything in it besides a little fruit?

A drizzle of honey, a sprinkling of nuts..... Doesn't really need anything else. If I have it with fruit, I'll put the fruit in a bowl, top it with yogurt, then honey (sometimes nuts as well... depends what I have going).

Also, there aren't that many brands of commercially available greek yogurt, even in Greece. Naturally, there are the local ones in Greece but these usually have very limited distribution.
    there are 2 kind of greek yogurt..the oes are in supermarket and the ones little stores made and sell it to local village-citys or to friends..thats the real shit..

edit...yogurt in greece is a way to do a demonstration
    people throw them to politics ,to police... and not the low fat ones..:lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Now that's a change to throwing eggs, D! :lol:
    redrock wrote:
    egg cant get a big area like how yogurt can...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    redrock wrote:
    How can you waste something THAT tasty...? :lol:

Just bought organic greek yoghurt with honey.... YUMMY!!!!! It's FULL of fat and so f*cking delicious! :D
    AND its the one thing that in its 'non-fat' version, I actually enjoy! Opposed to sour cream, cheese, cottage cheese, milk....
    Greek yoghurt is greek yoghurt,if u eat 0% fat greek yoghurt then u don't eat greek yoghurt but just yoghurt,am i right Dimi? :lol::lol::lol:
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I had some with strawberries for lunch. :)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    eMJot wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Just bought organic greek yoghurt with honey.... YUMMY!!!!! It's FULL of fat and so f*cking delicious! :D
    AND its the one thing that in its 'non-fat' version, I actually enjoy! Opposed to sour cream, cheese, cottage cheese, milk....
    Greek yoghurt is greek yoghurt,if u eat 0% fat greek yoghurt then u don't eat greek yoghurt but just yoghurt,am i right Dimi? :lol::lol::lol:
    we dont like our women to look like skeletons!!!!we want to be area to grab that ass!!!! :lol::lol:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    eMJot wrote:

we dont like our women to look like skeletons!!!!we want to be area to grab that ass!!!! :lol::lol:

I'm pretty sure if everyone could understand what Dimi throws down, he'd be banned twice a month.
    I'm pretty sure if everyone could understand what Dimi throws down, he'd be banned twice a month.
    i can show you... :lol::lol::lol:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

See what I mean?

:lol:
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014

See what I mean?

:lol:
    Ignorance is bliss. :D
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    I agree it does taste like sour cream, which is great because I've replaced sour cream with greek yogurt in many recipes.
    I add a little honey to it when I eat it
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
    I agree it does taste like sour cream,

Then again, american sour cream tastes very different to english sour cream. Just like french creme fraiche (ie manufactured in france) tastes different to the stuff manufactured in the UK or the US, even if it's called creme fraiche.

Most products will also change 'recipes' (as much as you can for yogurt or cream!) for export according to consumer tastes in countries to which they export.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,031
    well done Colby. I would read a column or a blog written by you, " Paper or Plastic" or "tales from the end of the check out line".
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,262
    I purchase the plain Greek Yogurt, and then I add granola into it for lunch. I usually get the kind sold at Whole Foods or Trader Joes as I don't see it sold anywhere else. I like the texture and the tang. I never liked yogurt enough to put it on my grocery list until I found this type of yogurt.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    I hate all yogurt, even frozen. Can't get the stuff near my face. Feel sick when I smell it lurking somewhere in the office. It smells and tastes like curdled milk mixed with orange juice. I forced myself eat a whole container of it when I was 21 and woke up in the middle of the night with the most horrible stomach pains I've ever had. Yogurt is the devil.