Arguments

2»

Comments

• LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    dunkman wrote:
    this thread was started by a woman I take it... my wife is in the Guiness Book of World Records for longest argument about me leaving my socks somewhere.

I quite like make-up sex after an argument... although humping a bag of mascara just isnt the same.

Yep, I'm a woman. I don't argue about socks. ;) I've learned to just pick 'em up and throw 'em in the hamper. I do try to choose my battles. Even if they're not always wise, they're not usually about things like laundry.

Theo...very very frustrating. My mom likes to walk away, and maybe throw things but, finish the actual point of the argument? Never!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
    Theovl316 wrote:
    I'm with ya Lizardjam...I grew up with always complete resolution to our arguments.
    then I got married to a woman whos family does the complete opposite. No res. what so ever.

Its completely frustrating...
    Your wife's family and mine are about the same, but the older I've gotten that just doesn't seem right.
    Of course, I have a very close female friend and we will on rare occasions argue. She gets mad, raises hell, says rotten things sometimes and leaves, sometimes without speaking for a couple of days or more. Then nothing is said about it at all.
    My theory for people who do that is they realize they were wrong to start with and therefore don't want to bring it up again or apologize. We've had three maybe four arguments through the years that went the way I described and each time I know for a fact I was in the right

EDIT for a GrEAT STORY: We're sitting around one night at the house, she tells me of a swinging version of Smells Like Teen Spirit one of her girlfriends played for her and says something to the effect of Nirvana making that song better than the original. It was Paul frickin' Anka doing the song by the way :shock:
    I tell her no, Nirvana did it first of course. OH NONONONONO they did not. I say yes, they did, I'm not saying you are wrong only that you apparently were misinformed by your friend. No, SO-AND-SO knows what she's talking about. NO, she doesn't...I grew up listening to Nirvana and you know that if there's one thing in the world I know anything about its music. She gets mad because I tell her i know with 100 percent certainty she is wrong, starts yelling. I get the album out, show her the songwriting credits......this is good......
    seeing all songs written by cobain/nirvana...she says...Well that doesn't mean they did it first

I will never hit a woman as long as I live but at that moment......I coulda shook the shit out of her!!! :D
    But, sticking to the topic at hand here, I realized I was fighting a losing battle, knew I was right so I threw my hands up and shut the fuck up about it. A few days...she admitted she was wrong

That's a pretty funny story. Granted, not while you were in it but, in general. I've never had anyone argue something factual like that with me. Something that can be easily proved with a little google, and\or the actual album! :)

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710

EDIT for a GrEAT STORY: We're sitting around one night at the house, she tells me of a swinging version of Smells Like Teen Spirit one of her girlfriends played for her and says something to the effect of Nirvana making that song better than the original. It was Paul frickin' Anka doing the song by the way :shock:
    I tell her no, Nirvana did it first of course. OH NONONONONO they did not. I say yes, they did, I'm not saying you are wrong only that you apparently were misinformed by your friend. No, SO-AND-SO knows what she's talking about. NO, she doesn't...I grew up listening to Nirvana and you know that if there's one thing in the world I know anything about its music. She gets mad because I tell her i know with 100 percent certainty she is wrong, starts yelling. I get the album out, show her the songwriting credits......this is good......
    seeing all songs written by cobain/nirvana...she says...Well that doesn't mean they did it first

I will never hit a woman as long as I live but at that moment......I coulda shook the shit out of her!!! :D
    But, sticking to the topic at hand here, I realized I was fighting a losing battle, knew I was right so I threw my hands up and shut the fuck up about it. A few days...she admitted she was wrong
    Besides, everyone knows paul Anka didn't do Teen Spirit first, Tori Amos did!!! :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcHNZVrxEts
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Theovl316 wrote:
    I'm with ya Lizardjam...I grew up with always complete resolution to our arguments.
    then I got married to a woman whos family does the complete opposite. No res. what so ever.

Its completely frustrating...
    Your wife's family and mine are about the same, but the older I've gotten that just doesn't seem right.
    Of course, I have a very close female friend and we will on rare occasions argue. She gets mad, raises hell, says rotten things sometimes and leaves, sometimes without speaking for a couple of days or more. Then nothing is said about it at all.
    My theory for people who do that is they realize they were wrong to start with and therefore don't want to bring it up again or apologize. We've had three maybe four arguments through the years that went the way I described and each time I know for a fact I was in the right

That's a pretty funny story. Granted, not while you were in it but, in general. I've never had anyone argue something factual like that with me. Something that can be easily proved with a little google, and\or the actual album! :)
    THe problem is that she sometimes displays her belief that I am a complete and total nimrod :D
    I mean we've been like peas and carrots like Forrest and Jenny going on seven years now but I am certainly not a dimwitted nor (strangely enough) as brilliant as Forrest
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    THe problem is that she sometimes displays her belief that I am a complete and total nimrod :D
    I mean we've been like peas and carrots like Forrest and Jenny going on seven years now but I am certainly not a dimwitted nor (strangely enough) as brilliant as Forrest

I have had friends like that. Not much you can do. Either stay friends and indulge...or.... :(

• Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Lizardjam wrote:

I have had friends like that. Not much you can do. Either stay friends and indulge...or.... :(
    Oh its not all that serious actually. I do the same thing to her actually. Best friend I've ever had
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all