Comic-Con

2»

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Where's hitchhiker? He worked at a comic-con a couple years ago (i think)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Didn't make it to the Avengers Panel. Saturday was crazy to try to get in that room. My kids (and I) wanted to see the Harry Potter/Green Latern/Sucker Punch panel that started off the day, so we got there 3 1/2 hours early, and still didn't get in. This room holds around 4500 people. I would have loved to have stuck around for the Avengers panel, and then Kevin Smith, but that's a long time in one room, would have been like 10 hours.

Ended up going over to Flynn's Arcade afterwards. Disney set it up for 3 days. It was really cool. Walk in, and there's a bunch of old, playable videogames (Robotron, Dig Dug, Asteroids, Tron, and Space Paranoids(!).

The Tron Machine move out of the way (like in the trailer) and brings you back to Flynn's office, which has the machinery he used to 'go inside' the computer. After that, you went to a full replica of the "End of Line" club from the new movie, which was playing trailers and parts of the Daft Punk soundtrack. Was an amazing setup for a 3-day installation.

Here's a good video on youtube of it (not mine) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WmI--s7T4Y

Did get to see the Mythbusters full cast that night, that was a lot of fun. All in all, a really good (but crowded) time.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    merkinball wrote:
    Didn't make it to the Avengers Panel. Saturday was crazy to try to get in that room. My kids (and I) wanted to see the Harry Potter/Green Latern/Sucker Punch panel that started off the day, so we got there 3 1/2 hours early, and still didn't get in. This room holds around 4500 people. I would have loved to have stuck around for the Avengers panel, and then Kevin Smith, but that's a long time in one room, would have been like 10 hours.

Ended up going over to Flynn's Arcade afterwards. Disney set it up for 3 days. It was really cool. Walk in, and there's a bunch of old, playable videogames (Robotron, Dig Dug, Asteroids, Tron, and Space Paranoids(!).

The Tron Machine move out of the way (like in the trailer) and brings you back to Flynn's office, which has the machinery he used to 'go inside' the computer. After that, you went to a full replica of the "End of Line" club from the new movie, which was playing trailers and parts of the Daft Punk soundtrack. Was an amazing setup for a 3-day installation.

Here's a good video on youtube of it (not mine) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WmI--s7T4Y

Did get to see the Mythbusters full cast that night, that was a lot of fun. All in all, a really good (but crowded) time.

WestCoast gets all the cool shit!
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    merkinball wrote:

****DIG DUG****

LOVE IT!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    KoMyAss wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:

Hopes: the Hulk is the bad guy, out of control and the reason the team has to assemble to stop him, not that he's evil, some injustice happens and Hulk goes apeshit and somebody's gotta deal with it.
    I hope not.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Avengers#Plot

well what do you think of for a villian? unless there will be a team of villians, ala secret wars or something along those lines.
    Definitely a hard one to figure out. I can't see the Hulk being the villain though, but he won't necessarily be a good guy ;)
    Probably will be a team of villains, as you said, or Freedom Force, or something involving Loki.
    PJPixie wrote:

****DIG DUG****

LOVE IT!

Didn't play Dig Dug. Spent all my time on Robotron 2084, with a little bit of Space Paranoids. (they let you play the games for about 10-15 mintues, as there were a ton of people waiting to get through). Just seeing all those vintage games was way cool though. They had Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Galaga, Battlezone, and Defender Machines too (among others).
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    PJPixie wrote:
    merkinball wrote:

****DIG DUG****

LOVE IT!
    OMFG.
    my boyfriend got me this weird arcade hook up thing for the tv, it has games on it including dig dug...... best game evarr!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    PJPixie wrote:
    merkinball wrote:

****DIG DUG****

LOVE IT!

OMG there are other people in the world who remember dig dug!!! :o I am no longer alone! :lol:
    PJGirl321 wrote:

That's pretty funny. What's more scary is the guy dressed up as Petey Piranha has a barbie in his purse. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

One guy I didn't see this year that I've seen in years past was this nifty Prince Namor (Sub-Mariner) costume.

965093-namor_super.jpg

• PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
    Was Lou Ferrigno selling $10 autographs at a card table next to the Marvel booth? When I worked for Marvel he used to do this at Comic-Con.