Comic-Con

PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/comic-c ... &Gt1=32045

I've never been to this convention but I'd love to go.
I love GEEKS! Maybe that's the place to meet me a man................lol, or maybe not!
The best use of Life is Love.
The best expression of Love is Time.
The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i hear they have a babe table.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Burn Notice panel's on right know!, but the link won't work. G4 will have complete coverage on the weekend.
    Also youtube will get all fan vids, once those lazy geeky bastards upload em.
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    Burn Notice panel's on right know!, but the link won't work. G4 will have complete coverage on the weekend.

I really don't know much about COMICS (and all things involved) but I love geeks!

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    PJPixie wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:

I really don't know much about COMICS (and all things involved) but I love geeks!

Comicon has very little to do with comics anymore!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:

Comicon has very little to do with comics anymore!

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've heard.
    Still sounds like a blast but I'm sure all the super duper comic heads out there don't appreciate all that it has become.

• marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    I'm a geek, and apparently if you wear a pearl jam shirt to their concert, you're a geek as well. But I really like the people who dress up and can speak Vulcan at these conventions, it's so funny.
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    Yeah and it looks like more Marvel vs Capcom 3 characters are going to be revealed!
    México 24/11/2011
    marcos wrote:
    I'm a geek, and apparently if you wear a pearl jam shirt to their concert, you're a geek as well. But I really like the people who dress up and can speak Vulcan at these conventions, it's so funny.

ive been to around 20 star trek conventions, but then i started going to rock concerts, both are fun, but star trek ain't on anymore and i need an outlet.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    PJPixie wrote:
    http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/comic-con/video/?g=283f1034-a33c-dfaf-c4ad-4df94b6c7547,15b084a5-f9e4-49cc-8e4b-f28d730f74f9&from=en-us_msnhp&Gt1=32045

I love GEEKS! Maybe that's the place to meet me a man................lol, or maybe not!
    If you don't mind living in their parents basement. ;)
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    nerd.jpg

Yeah....good luck with that....
    nerd.jpg

That freaking rules! :D:D:D

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    PJPixie wrote:
    nerd.jpg

That freaking rules! :D:D:D

I'm sure he's quite The Ladies' Man...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    patton oswalt just tweeted from comic con:

Just saw Too Old To Be Robin, Too Asian To Be Blade and Perfectly Drunk Gandalf.

:lol::lol:
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I've got a bunch of on-line acquaintances who are going and they appear to be having a blast. (They've been tweeting) Their latest twitpic was of twilight zone toys. Its a wider range of interests than I thought - I'd go if I had the money.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    PJPixie wrote:
    http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/comic-con/video/?g=283f1034-a33c-dfaf-c4ad-4df94b6c7547,15b084a5-f9e4-49cc-8e4b-f28d730f74f9&from=en-us_msnhp&Gt1=32045

There are plenty of them at all the PJ shows...just check the lines for Posters !!

Oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    PJPixie wrote:

There are plenty of them at all the PJ shows...just check the lines for Posters !!

:clap::clap: :thumbup:
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    PJPixie wrote:

:clap::clap: :thumbup:

clapping.gif
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I wish i could go. It looks like it woudl be a lot of fun.

I go to "Dragon Con" in atlanta and its usually a great time. Lots of people dressed up makes it fun. Adam from the myth busters was there last year and he was fun to listen to. Plus i like all the stuff about horror films they do.

Oh and I am sure Comic Con is like this too but i was AMAZED when we stayed over night down there at the parites going on in the hotels. They have organzied themed parties and i swear one of them was an all out geek rave. It was 2 in the morning when we stumbled upon it and it was the oddest and coolest thing i've ever seen.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    NERDS FTW!

The crazy Westboro Baptist Church folks showed up at Comic Con. They are the ones that protest soldier's funerals because God hates gays (I still can't mentally make the connection here but whatevs).

The comic con jedis protested the protesters, and it is AWESOME. GOD NEEDS A STARSHIP!

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/07/2 ... s=facebook
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    intodeep wrote:
    I wish i could go. It looks like it woudl be a lot of fun.

I go to "Dragon Con" in atlanta and its usually a great time. Lots of people dressed up makes it fun. Adam from the myth busters was there last year and he was fun to listen to. Plus i like all the stuff about horror films they do.

I've been going to Comic-Con for 5 years now. Yesterday started off seeing Will Ferrel, Tina Fey, and Jonah Hill discuss Megamind, and then got to see the Tron cast and see some footage for the new movie (which looks great).

Ended up the evening watching Adam (from mythbusters) singing 'I Will Survive' in a Gollum Voice (at w00tstock, which also featured Wil Wheaton and some of the guys from Mystery Science Theater 3000, among others).

It's an incredibly fun time. Can't speak to the afterparties, as I take my kids, but there are a ton of them.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
    I've been going to Comic-Con for 5 years now. Yesterday started off seeing Will Ferrel, Tina Fey, and Jonah Hill discuss Megamind, and then got to see the Tron cast and see some footage for the new movie (which looks great).

Ended up the evening watching Adam (from mythbusters) singing 'I Will Survive' in a Gollum Voice (at w00tstock, which also featured Wil Wheaton and some of the guys from Mystery Science Theater 3000, among others).

It's an incredibly fun time. Can't speak to the afterparties, as I take my kids, but there are a ton of them.[/quote]

I've seen vid's of Wil Wheaton from past comic-cons, he's a pisser! Was he there for Big Bang Theory?
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    KOYOURASS wrote:

I've seen vid's of Wil Wheaton from past comic-cons, he's a pisser! Was he there for Big Bang Theory?

yeah he's moderating a panel for it today.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
    merkinball wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:

yeah he's moderating a panel for it today.

Nice! Evil Wil Wheaton.
    avengers-cast-slice.jpg

Avengers Assemble!!! from Left to Right

1) Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man
    2) Clark Gregg as Generic Shield Agent Man
    3) Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow
    4) Chris Hemsworth as Thor
    5) Chris Evans as CAPTAIN AMERICA!!!
    6) Samuel L Jackson as Colonel Nick Fury
    7) Jeremy Renner as Haweye
    8) Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner, hopefully the Hulk
    9) Joss Whedon as (ManGod) Writer/Director
    10) Some Marvel Fuck Head Producer

Hopes: the Hulk is the bad guy, out of control and the reason the team has to assemble to stop him, not that he's evil, some injustice happens and Hulk goes apeshit and somebody's gotta deal with it.

Fears: Too Many Stars, Too Much CGI, not enoungh character driven story, and if Cap has a gun, so will i and will hunt down Joss Whedon/Ed Brubaker and kill them both! Joss has 8 Guys and 1 Woman = Track Record, strong female roles, pussy male roles, he was raised by a single mom, not his fault. However Firefly was Awesome. Still not sure he can pull off the Hero thing, seems comfortable in the Anti-Hero Genre.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    KOYOURASS wrote:

Hopes: the Hulk is the bad guy, out of control and the reason the team has to assemble to stop him, not that he's evil, some injustice happens and Hulk goes apeshit and somebody's gotta deal with it.
    I hope not.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Avengers#Plot
    Rygar wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:

I hope not.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Avengers#Plot

well what do you think of for a villian? unless there will be a team of villians, ala secret wars or something along those lines.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    no ed norton?

this is very disappointing...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    no ed norton?

this is very disappointing...

No, Ed wanted to, there were meeting's but marvel decided he would cost to much. i heard he even offered to come down in price, but Marvel's looking to make maybe 3 Avengers movies if the first does well, and they think his price would go up over three succeseful movies. Ruffalo's not bad though.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    No, Ed wanted to, there were meeting's but marvel decided he would cost to much. i heard he even offered to come down in price, but Marvel's looking to make maybe 3 Avengers movies if the first does well, and they think his price would go up over three succeseful movies. Ruffalo's not bad though.
    damn...

i didnt care much for the hulk in the first place...

hopefully the focus is on iron man and capt america

i can't wait to see what hugo weaving looks like as red skull :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/