Options

Forget Seniority, let's talk ticket prices

2»

Comments

• Options
    1983? Knew something was weird when I way the 30 cents for a cnady bar.

Woops!
    lol.
    Its actualy 13% (not 16) and it is Wall Street Journal, link now archived but:
    WSJ wrote:
    Wall Street Journal - Jan 28, 2008
    The move raises Hershey's wholesale prices 13% on a weighted average for its standard bar, king-size bar, six-pack and vending lines. ...

We are probably pushing something like 15% for the year in REAL terms, out the gate in 2008. Probably 7 by "their" math, and they will probably fudge them and say it is 4-5%.

People should understand that it isn't prices "going up", its some asshole behind a curtain stealing your wealth and handing it to rich bankers, and calling it "inflation".

Ooh wee, magic!
    You lost a shit load of money,
    because i stole it and gave it to Elite St. !
    or the "Military Industrial Complex".

Yay!
    What time do the East Coast shows start?
    ;)

;)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    you know what? It really depends..
    I live 4-5 miles away from wiltern.. so $65 wouldn't be that much compare to other fans that would need to fly from.. maybe east coast or I dont know where..

but if I have the money.. I wouldn't care if it's a $50,000 a ticket..
    of course I have to play guitar during even flow.. extended solo version.
    "I had a false belief
    I thought I came here to stay
    We're all just visiting
    All just breaking like waves.."

07/09/06
    07/10/06
    07/15/06
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    All I know is tickets in my profile for the 06' tour were $126.50 and tickets for just the lead singer in the band is $144

Hopefully there is some good surprises :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    All I know is tickets in my profile for the 06' tour were $126.50 and tickets for just the lead singer in the band is $144

Hopefully there is some good surprises :)

Heheheh, less shows... less seats... gotta charge more... right? :)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    NYbenben wrote:
    everything in life goes up in price... tell me one thing (beisdes Bazooka gum) that has stayed the same in price for the past 10 years?

HEhe
    I seriously thougth to myself that the reason behind this is that they are still selling the gum they made in 1996. Just try chewing it....
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    HEhe
    I seriously thougth to myself that the reason behind this is that they are still selling the gum they made in 1996. Just try chewing it....

Hahaha, nice.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    mateo45mateo45 the Central Coast of California Posts: 91
    hey...don't all the proceeds go to WM3's legal defenses. i don't even think ed's really making a ton of money off of these 5 dates. maybe i'm totally wrong, but i'm pretty sure that's the case.
    "there's no lights by the stairs? oh, they'll be fine..."-ed, 11/4/95 san jose
  • Options
    mateo45mateo45 the Central Coast of California Posts: 91
    ok, so now i realize just those 5 packaged auction tickets are for the wm3. sue me. i was wrong.
    "there's no lights by the stairs? oh, they'll be fine..."-ed, 11/4/95 san jose
  • Options
    i for one would like to see them dump the million dollar lighting rig/laser show, bring back the discoball and candles, and give us tickets back in the 40 dollars range (instead of the current 50-60+ dollar range)

i think that is something that should be done before we bother worrying about who sits where.

i understand touring costs have gone up, but have they really DOUBLED since 1998? Wouldn't leaving those extra trucks full of lights at home help the situation with the fans AND the environment?

Okay, so we want to talk money??? Well, think of you guys that are getting off easy paying $65 a ticket... if you're local that's great... I myself am not... My husband and I are coming from Jasper Alberta, here's a summary of our anticipated costs.....
    driving to Edmonton & home ($150)
    flying to Vancouver ($600 return for 2 tix)
    cabfare around vancouver (??? - someone please tell me how much a cab right costs nowadays)
    hotel room ($700 (for 3 nights)
    food (yeah right, who needs to eat when there's drinking to be done)
    Drink (ALOT)
    babysitter for 4 days ($300)
    oh, and then there's the itty bitty ticket costs... $144 with taxes...
    so what's my total? About $2000 MINIMUM... And it's a WICKED DEAL in my mind!!!! So for all the rest of you travelling... we have officially been spoken for! ANd, yeah I agree that ticket prices have gone up, but I'm still not complaining, just think of the experience!!! (I didn't intend this message as rude, please don't take it that way, just to let you know that as a diehard PJ fan I'll do it again, even when the prices go up! Love to you all!)
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    People should understand that it isn't prices "going up", its some asshole behind a curtain stealing your wealth and handing it to rich bankers, and calling it "inflation".

BINGO!!!!!
  • Options
    gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    complaining about this is ridiculous. First of all, its no indication that regular PJ tickets will be going up. Even if they SHOULD be charging $65+.

Second, for those of you whining about how you're only seeing 1/5th of the band....therefore it should be cheaper... Look at it this way.

Pearl Jam plays 15,000+ seat venues.

Eddie Vedder has never toured solo.

We have the opportunity to attend a very rare show at a venue 1/10th the size of the usual venues.

Personally, I think seeing Ed solo is way more special than a regular PJ show and is well worth $20 extra.