Do you enjoy life or do you endure it?

2»

Comments

• mad22mad22 Posts: 82
    I dont think is possible to enjoy life all the time, but thats ok. Thats just life, changes all the time. What id like to change is this "always waiting for the weekend" kind of lifestyle i have, because what i do isnt something i enjoy
    Egos are left at the door, elitism is non-existant and we are all joining together for a common goal: to raise funds and awareness while living the awesome life of a Pearl Jam Fan.

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org/
  • matabelematabele Posts: 277
    mad22 wrote:
    I dont think is possible to enjoy life all the time, but thats ok. Thats just life, changes all the time. What id like to change is this "always waiting for the weekend" kind of lifestyle i have, because what i do isnt something i enjoy
    Get into some mid-week activities that you will look forward to, Wednesday evenings is always a good time to have gas.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    mad22 wrote:

I know it's not healthy, and i don't wana beat a dead horse on these threads but might i suggest Marijuana%20Poster.jpg. Makes everyday Grrrreat!!tony-the-tiger---frosties.jpg
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I often enjoy my life and I like my job and family but sometimes I wish it was BIGGER. More variety. More experiences. More of everything!! :mrgreen:

I think that too much routine can be stifling and maybe that's why people get so bored in jobs that have rigid schedules and short vacations. As a teacher, my schedule breaks in the summer and also in between the semesters and I find that really helps.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    there are times I'm enjoying it but overall I'd say I'm enduring it
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i will tell you what works for me. (but maybe it isn't workin' for me) :? :wtf: zing
    writing.
    i used to paint.
    being creative is all i can do.
    art is therapy.

i do not give a shit about anything at all unless it bleeds.
    i do not care if my car explodes or my electric bill is paid on time.
    however, if my car did explode, i would like that to happen in my driveway; it's convenient that way.

i do like a stereo and a computer, that stuff does not bleed.

i enjoy my life.
    my health could be better, that's all part of the self destruction not caring bit.

overall i am happier than a lark with severe pain and slight depression.

ppl need to love something. love someone. friends and family are important. so are enemies.
    it's simple shit.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    mad22 wrote:

have you always been this way? if not what changed and if yes have you ever talked to anyone?
    mad22 wrote:
    dude

days are days, man.
    time is a bullshit maneuver created by shit.

beer can be drank at 7:13 am on a sunday morning.
    it is a fact.
    never ever let anyone tell you different.

sunday monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday... all the same day.
    seasons change in some places... that's it.
    sun and moon.

that's what i love about truck driving.
    40 hrs a week, monday through friday is horse shit.
    living by an alarm clock is insane.
    although some warehouse somewhere does want their salmon delivered on time.

mezcal shots and bong hits,,,,, monday onward.

we are all different, this is only my opinion.
    again i do not care.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I definitely endure it at this point. I probably have most of my life. I think maybe in my 30's I enjoyed it and I'm not even too sure of that.
    Save room for dessert!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    My dad always worried about survival and endurance, but, thankfully, his sacrifices helped put me in a position where I didn't have the same worries as him.

I owe it to him to live a happy life. I try to enjoy life as much as I can. I endure living in a world where I often question peoples judgement/choices/actions, but at the end of the day, it's not really much to endure.

Enjoy!
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Chadwick your attitude is a breath of fresh air and cheered me up a bit!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    JaneNY wrote:
    Chadwick your attitude is a breath of fresh air and cheered me up a bit!
    i am thrilled you think so.
    thank you.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    i'm so happy to be alive i love my life everysingle breath of it !!! life is what you make of it ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Take it one day at a time. Find some things that you love to do each day or several times a week so you can fill yourself up to be able to endure the mundane parts. I love to hike in nature, so I have two dogs who need mega exercise, our daily hike is non-negotiable, I have to get out there or there is no living with my boys. Eat foods that you like, rent movies you enjoy, plan vacations to places you want to see....ask yourself...what do I really want, what do I love? If it's learning music then move forward with that, your job is to support your life....it shouldn't BE your life. It's nice if you are one of the few that has a career that fills up their soul...but for most people that isn't reality....so try to live each day to the fullest despite the job. Each day is a new start....what can YOU do to make today a good one?
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    mad22 wrote:
    So, i pretty much endure it. I'm 27, and i have no idea what i want in life. I have a good job (IT), it allows me to be independant, but it doesnt fullfill me one bit.

I want to do something meaningful and fun, the problem is that i dont have a clue what that may be. Like a month ago or so, i started to take piano lessons, i sometimes wonder if music is my thing. I dont know, i feel like i dont know anything, and that i know really little about myself.

So, have you ever feel like this? Did you find your passion in life? Do you think everyone has a passion for something, or some of us just arent that lucky.. i dont know.

btw, i dont feel down or anything, i guess i feel empty, but for the most part, i dont know... :|
    Life is a blessing, appreciate every moment. An opportunity to love another person and make others happy.
    We never know what we have till we lose it. Take a look around and try to learn from what others have lost. Everyday everywhere someone is hurting. It could be you.
    Fulfillment is found in just being alive and looking outside yourself and your own world.
    Do something nice for someone, reach out and love, it fills the day and your heart. That is the passion for life itself, loving.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Currently endure.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Currently endure.

Well do something nice for me, like Pandora says.
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    75% endure
    25% enjoy
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I try for the most part to enjoy it. Not to get all corny but you never know what could happen tomorrow. The only area I feel I truly endure is my job. It's just a means to an end. The only good thing about my job is we are helping people and I try to think about that aspect of it. But I work with a lot of petty people who make my job harder then it has to be so it's a challenge most days. But I have eliminated a lot of toxic people from my life. I feel life is too short to have emotional vampires for friends.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,241
    I enjoy it and avoid getting frustrated with things I can't control such as space constraints on stories or lack of timeliness on stories I submit for the web.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    A bit of both.