american corporation

2»

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,639
    matabele wrote:
    quote]

if you had the money to purchase a yacht, you can also feed the poor.

people's opinions on these things change with their circumstances. its easy for someone like the OP to critisize this top exec at his company. but the man's obviously sucessful (who are we to critisize him for that?) and it appears he's asking his employees for their input on how to make the company more profitable. more power to him.
    Jeagler being obviously successful does not mean he earned it or deserved it, look at Bush and the Enron scum, I could give you hundreds of thieving scumbag examples.[/quote]

there's probably hundreds of examples of people who succeeded the right way too. ;)
    www.myspace.com
    chadwick wrote:
    if you had the money to purchase a yacht, you can also feed the poor.

people's opinions on these things change with their circumstances. its easy for someone like the OP to critisize this top exec at his company. but the man's obviously sucessful (who are we to critisize him for that?) and it appears he's asking his employees for their input on how to make the company more profitable. more power to him.

what's it cost to insure a 150 ft yacht?
    what's it cost to fill a 10,000 gallon fuel tank?
    10,000 x (high dollar dock prices) 6 or 8 bucks a gallon?
    weird shit.

if i had 2,000 million dollars i'd never buy a yacht.
    i would however buy a bmw to go muddin in.

not sure. ask al gore. he probably owns multiple yachts to go along with his private jets. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    not sure. ask al gore. he probably owns multiple yachts to go along with his private jets. :mrgreen:
    what ever happened to al and that chic that says he is an agressive sexual monster?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    what ever happened to al and that chic that says he is an agressive sexual monster?
    http://www.nationalenquirer.com/exclusi ... rity/69024
    www.myspace.com
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    chadwick wrote:
    http://www.nationalenquirer.com/exclusi ... rity/69024

He thought he was Bill. :lol::lol::lol:
    the national enquierer?
    not even goin' to read it.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    the national enquierer?
    not even goin' to read it.

well, you asked for an update. i don't know what to tell you.
    www.myspace.com
  • namecidnamecid Posts: 24
    "About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends."-Herbert Hoover
    Namecid
    "There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everyone in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else."-Sam Walton

I guess some of you are right. This suit coat worked his butt off to get where he is at in the company. Nobody else did the work for him, it was him and him alone. The people who worked under him, when he was at store level, had nothing to do with his success. He ran the front register, took care of photo, stocked the shelves, filled prescriptions, did the book work, unloaded truck, help women with their make-up in cos, all the day-to-day operations it takes to run a successful store all by himself. It takes employees to run any business. If you take the employees out of the business, pretty soon its not going to be a business. If he's worried about the longevity of the company, he's cutting on the wrong end. I'm not saying people shouldn't have a budget to follow but when someone who makes a shit load of money asks his employees how they're dealing with the cutbacks, its just not good. I guess that all those employees, who got their pay and hours cut, just don't work as hard as the suit. If they did, they would be in his position and he would be the piss on.
    Namecid
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,826
    namecid wrote:
    I posted some things on here yesterday. I get to work and on mondays we get a newsletter/blog from a suit coat. It says we are well on our way of meeting our goal of cutting our budget by $1 billion. He states with all the cutbacks at work, how people are cutting their own bugets and wants us to share with the people. Are you kidding me?? A guy who made over $5 million last year wants people who make $10/hr to share how they cut their own budgets. This guy needs to work at store level again and see the impact not only on employees but with customer service. It angers me to hear from someone who doesn't have a clue what is real. I wish I could make millions a year and ask someone who is making around $20,000 a year, how are you making buget cuts. I think he's trying to make employees mad!!!

So you work for Walgreens too, huh? Are you in the stores? I'm at corporate in Deerfield...
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    chadwick wrote:

feed people... shelter people... clothe people... create jobs for people... educate people.
    simple shit.
    why isn't this happening all day, everyday, globally?

Perhaps people are too busy posting nonsense on a message board in every single thread all day long to do much to help other people.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    know1 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

feed people... shelter people... clothe people... create jobs for people... educate people.
    simple shit.

Perhaps people are too busy posting nonsense on a message board in every single thread all day long to do much to help other people.
    Says the man with 4,320 posts...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    namecid wrote:
    I posted some things on here yesterday. I get to work and on mondays we get a newsletter/blog from a suit coat. It says we are well on our way of meeting our goal of cutting our budget by $1 billion. He states with all the cutbacks at work, how people are cutting their own bugets and wants us to share with the people. Are you kidding me?? A guy who made over $5 million last year wants people who make $10/hr to share how they cut their own budgets. This guy needs to work at store level again and see the impact not only on employees but with customer service. It angers me to hear from someone who doesn't have a clue what is real. I wish I could make millions a year and ask someone who is making around $20,000 a year, how are you making buget cuts. I think he's trying to make employees mad!!!

So you work for Walgreens too, huh? Are you in the stores? I'm at corporate in Deerfield...
    :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    know1 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

simple shit.

No that's not it.
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Either I am mising something, or people are making a lot of assumptions about the op’s post. I don’t think he has given near enough information about the company or the newsletter to say this guy is insane. Execs do have to answer to people, a lot of people including the people that work for them. They also have to answer to a Board of Directors. How do you know the Board didn’t tell him to cut hours/wages or cut jobs. Regardless of how much I make, I would rather have a pay cut than lose my job. At least then I would have some income while I look for something else. The OP also didn’t say anything about the company’s financial condition. They could be having serious financial issues and are making the cuts to keep their head above water, so everyone doesn’t lose their jobs. Or, maybe he is just an ass. My point is we don’t have enough info to judge what he’s doing at all.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,869
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    Either I am mising something, or people are making a lot of assumptions about the op’s post. I don’t think he has given near enough information about the company or the newsletter to say this guy is insane. Execs do have to answer to people, a lot of people including the people that work for them. They also have to answer to a Board of Directors. How do you know the Board didn’t tell him to cut hours/wages or cut jobs. Regardless of how much I make, I would rather have a pay cut than lose my job. At least then I would have some income while I look for something else. The OP also didn’t say anything about the company’s financial condition. They could be having serious financial issues and are making the cuts to keep their head above water, so everyone doesn’t lose their jobs. Or, maybe he is just an ass. My point is we don’t have enough info to judge what he’s doing at all.
    there is enough info in the post
    the OP thinks it stinks that a rich suit is asking those that are much lower on the totem pole to share cost saving ideas

the rest are just the tangents that other people have come up with and commented on
    Here's a suggestion that would go over well, instead of the CEO making 5 million a year he could make 4 million a year, :o <-- i Know. There's 1% of your billion, now who else makes alot around here. Or you could just do what my Corporation has done for the last 15 years, systematically replace anyone and everyone who has worked there ass off for years and attained a better salary and more vacation time, replace them with a college graduate, at a lower starting price and half of the benefits, rinse and repeat. over and over and over.
    Oh and i forget, remind everybody how lucky they are that there jobs havent been outsources to India.
    PJGARDEN wrote:

the op is low man on the totem pole and he's taking out all of his frustrations with the guy at the top of the pole. that's what we got here.

nevermind the fact that low man probably doesn't have an understanding of everything that goes into the decisions that the top guy has to make.
    www.myspace.com
    how much do the utility bills cost at one store?
    the fancy big brand new parking lot and huge lights?
    doors automatically open? a/c blowing constantly and heating.
    refrigerated products?

it is mind boggling how much energy a large store uses.

let's not talk about the fuel it takes to deliver goods to stores, warehouses, and shit.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    I work for a family owned corporation - a republican family - at that. We have had staff cuts, even though business is great. Two years ago, we had to start contributing to our insurance, which is the same as a pay cut as I have not had a raise in four years. They know how tough the job market is now. The (salaried) staff and crew they kept are seriously overworked. Yet there is no extra money to be found for the serfs, while the lords continue living the good life. Seriously, when gas was its absolute highest, one brother (with company dough) bought a suburban. A fucking suburban, I guess they were out of hummer limos.
    I have always believed them to be bigots, but even the white guys (that are not family) have been neglected lately.
    BushLeaguer says it best
    The haves
    have not
    a clue
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    PJGARDEN wrote:

the op is low man on the totem pole and he's taking out all of his frustrations with the guy at the top of the pole. that's what we got here.

nevermind the fact that low man probably doesn't have an understanding of everything that goes into the decisions that the top guy has to make.

Sounds as if YOU are making assumptions about the OP. Pompous, arrogant, snobbish assumptions.

lettinggo wrote:
    PJGARDEN wrote:

Sounds as if YOU are making assumptions about the OP. Pompous, arrogant, snobbish assumptions.

obviously i'm making assumptions. if the rest of you can make assumptions about "the suits," seems you should be able to take some assumptions in your direction no?
    www.myspace.com
    I have tried to make no assumptions
    I have been a suit
    now I am not
    I have had money
    now I don't
    and I am happier now that I ever have been
    But, I digress
    There are two sides to everything and I do usually tend to side with the underdog.

lettinggo wrote:
    I have tried to make no assumptions
    I have been a suit
    now I am not
    I have had money
    now I don't
    and I am happier now that I ever have been
    But, I digress
    There are two sides to everything and I do usually tend to side with the underdog.
    it is a must to be hungry.
    ask pearl jam
    ask sound garden

stay hungry. understand? power on.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W8Jp7aCMtg
    (neil young love)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Glad to get some really good input on this subject. No, I'm not the low man on the totem. I am the one who is stuck in the middle. I get the joy of working with the people that are getting cut. Although I do fear a wage cut or even termination could be in my future, I still have to go to work with a smile on my face. I have to see other employees trying to understand the "business" side of it all. Some of them deserve a cut, others do not. They all see the newsletter. They all know what the suit makes. Just like your input, its split. You have people who care about corporate and others who do not. The hard part is people losing money/hours who don't deserve it, while you have the people who do deserve it not losing anything. I don't have time to get in policy details but what I'm getting from corporate is that its cheap labor. Who cares if their lazy, we don't have to give them more money. Cut this other persons hours and make them work harder. If they care about their job, they will do it. I want to get rid of the lazy, to me that's what you do in a business. Instead, its cheap labor that fairs well. Just like most jobs, the good employees have the most hours and the not so good employees do not. So the hours getting cut are the ones with the hours to cut. When you tell good employees there wages/hours are getting cut and you make millions a year, its hard to swallow. Its the suits responsibility to make sure we don't get in this position from the start. Why is the suit getting a bonus when we are cutting hours? If we are in that financial situation as a company, maybe we need to cut pay at the top. Afterall, its his responsibility to make the company money.
    Namecid
    namecid wrote:
    Glad to get some really good input on this subject. No, I'm not the low man on the totem. I am the one who is stuck in the middle. I get the joy of working with the people that are getting cut. Although I do fear a wage cut or even termination could be in my future, I still have to go to work with a smile on my face. I have to see other employees trying to understand the "business" side of it all. Some of them deserve a cut, others do not. They all see the newsletter. They all know what the suit makes. Just like your input, its split. You have people who care about corporate and others who do not. The hard part is people losing money/hours who don't deserve it, while you have the people who do deserve it not losing anything. I don't have time to get in policy details but what I'm getting from corporate is that its cheap labor. Who cares if their lazy, we don't have to give them more money. Cut this other persons hours and make them work harder. If they care about their job, they will do it. I want to get rid of the lazy, to me that's what you do in a business. Instead, its cheap labor that fairs well. Just like most jobs, the good employees have the most hours and the not so good employees do not. So the hours getting cut are the ones with the hours to cut. When you tell good employees there wages/hours are getting cut and you make millions a year, its hard to swallow. Its the suits responsibility to make sure we don't get in this position from the start. Why is the suit getting a bonus when we are cutting hours? If we are in that financial situation as a company, maybe we need to cut pay at the top. Afterall, its his responsibility to make the company money.

its life dude. we're in a horrible recession. i work in the mortgage industry and have been laid off twice since 2008. keep plugging along man...

do you know for sure "the suit" is getting a bonus or are you just assuming?
    www.myspace.com
    He does get a bonus. Partially based on stocks. His salary is a good sum too. I did some checking last year when this all started. I understand we are in a bad economic times. I just feel they are going about wrong (my opinion). They just spent $1 billion to buy out another chain and then say we gotta cut back. I understand the business side. It comes with the job. I don't have a problem cutting back, just do it the right way. I think its more the suits peer group. We used to do our own thing, now we follow. We look at other corps models and say hey we can do that. Its all about the bottom line, which is business. I had to work in RX for half my shift the other night. I can't get work done on the floor and be in RX. Then, you get asked why the work isn't done. They don't want excuses, they want results. Well, the results of cutting hours is the result of what I'm doing. They don't want to see it for what it is. I have a part time high school girl, a 82 year old, and a college kid for help. What work do you think is going to get done without supervision on the floor?
    Namecid
    namecid wrote:
    He does get a bonus. Partially based on stocks. His salary is a good sum too. I did some checking last year when this all started. I understand we are in a bad economic times. I just feel they are going about wrong (my opinion). They just spent $1 billion to buy out another chain and then say we gotta cut back. I understand the business side. It comes with the job. I don't have a problem cutting back, just do it the right way. I think its more the suits peer group. We used to do our own thing, now we follow. We look at other corps models and say hey we can do that. Its all about the bottom line, which is business. I had to work in RX for half my shift the other night. I can't get work done on the floor and be in RX. Then, you get asked why the work isn't done. They don't want excuses, they want results. Well, the results of cutting hours is the result of what I'm doing. They don't want to see it for what it is. I have a part time high school girl, a 82 year old, and a college kid for help. What work do you think is going to get done without supervision on the floor?

do you work at cvs or something?
    www.myspace.com
  • matabelematabele Posts: 277
    The question we should be asking, is the current set up sustainable? In my view it is not.
    The people at the top are taking too much out of the pot, it is fine for the moment because current generations have been largely brought up to respect societies rules. Give it 10 years or so, the future generations are going to take what they need and to hell with the consequences.
    There are more corrupt cops than ever before, more youngsters growing up without proper supervision. jail populations are growing worldwide as are gangs.
    If we don't get real very soon money is not going to be enough to protect the chosen few.
    namecid wrote:

do you work at cvs or something?

No on CVS but we are starting to run our stores like them
    Namecid