american corporation

namecidnamecid Posts: 24
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I posted some things on here yesterday. I get to work and on mondays we get a newsletter/blog from a suit coat. It says we are well on our way of meeting our goal of cutting our budget by $1 billion. He states with all the cutbacks at work, how people are cutting their own bugets and wants us to share with the people. Are you kidding me?? A guy who made over $5 million last year wants people who make $10/hr to share how they cut their own budgets. This guy needs to work at store level again and see the impact not only on employees but with customer service. It angers me to hear from someone who doesn't have a clue what is real. I wish I could make millions a year and ask someone who is making around $20,000 a year, how are you making buget cuts. I think he's trying to make employees mad!!!
Namecid
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    namecid wrote:
    I posted some things on here yesterday. I get to work and on mondays we get a newsletter/blog from a suit coat. It says we are well on our way of meeting our goal of cutting our budget by $1 billion. He states with all the cutbacks at work, how people are cutting their own bugets and wants us to share with the people. Are you kidding me?? A guy who made over $5 million last year wants people who make $10/hr to share how they cut their own budgets. This guy needs to work at store level again and see the impact not only on employees but with customer service. It angers me to hear from someone who doesn't have a clue what is real. I wish I could make millions a year and ask someone who is making around $20,000 a year, how are you making buget cuts. I think he's trying to make employees mad!!!
    wow....
    insane.
    it's stuff like this makes me question the human race.
    one day someone or something will kick him square in the nuts.
    how can someone who is a multi millionaire ask and expect someone who makes $10.00 a hour to work for less?

i loathe this suit coat guy and what the company.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,869
    did he ask you to take a pay cut?

if not, I dont see how brainstorming ways to save money is all that bad
    the news letter goes out to all employees right?
    you just might learn something that could help your bottom line
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,639
    Get_Right wrote:

on point.
    www.myspace.com
  • namecidnamecid Posts: 24
    Get_Right wrote:

The problem is most employees are already living paycheck to paycheck. Unless you're a pharmacist, you can't afford it. My hours have been cut to 35/wk. I've been told that I make to much for my position so I see a pay cut coming. I live below my means so as long as its not $8/hr cut I should be fine.
    Namecid
    Get_Right wrote:

the suit coat prick deserves to have a beer bottle broken over his face.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Get_Right wrote:

on point.
    i can't wait till you are making 8-10 bucks an hour.
    this will be awesome for you.

good luck.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    namecid wrote:

The problem is most employees are already living paycheck to paycheck. Unless you're a pharmacist, you can't afford it. My hours have been cut to 35/wk. I've been told that I make to much for my position so I see a pay cut coming. I live below my means so as long as its not $8/hr cut I should be fine.
    thats how it is even when you are making more (at least if you have kids or a mortgage)

all I am saying is that its just blog/news letter fodder
    dont you even wonder how some people live on such small incomes
    might be some real money saving tips that get sent in
    CEO and executive compensation, reduced employee pay/benefits in the current market etc.. are different topics for discussion
    chadwick wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

on point.

good luck.

i did before. i'd rather not do it again.

people who make that much now would have a different view of things if they were the one's making the decisions for companies though.
    www.myspace.com
  • namecidnamecid Posts: 24
    chadwick wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

on point.

good luck.

That's my point. They cutting the pay of the people who can least afford it. I wonder what the suit would say if corp told him that they were cutting his salary in half and expect the same amount of work. Its for the better of the company right?
    Namecid
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I think there are two different issues in this thread...

A $5 mil exec telling departments to cut payroll/hours to save money is asinine, and the guy needs kicked in the balls.

But the same guy encouraging all employees to find ways to cut costs is a good idea... Our boss does that here, and with the help of employee suggestions, we've cut utility bills, marketing expenses, office supplies, etc. No one has lost their job or had their pay lowered, but we've saved a lot of money.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    A $5 mil exec telling departments to cut payroll/hours to save money is asinine, and the guy needs kicked in the balls.

i think i am in love with you.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    namecid wrote:

That's my point. They cutting the pay of the people who can least afford it. I wonder what the suit would say if corp told him that they were cutting his salary in half and expect the same amount of work. Its for the better of the company right?
    thats a different point

but, if the suit is any good, he wold leave and find employment elsewhere and probably get a raise
    its easy to criticize folks that earn big paychecks, and I too am offended at some of the executive level paychecks-while the middle and lower classes are getting killed right now

that being said, that person did something to achieve that level
    except for Edgar Bronfman :lol:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Get_Right wrote:
    thats a different point

but, if the suit is any good, he wold leave and find employment elsewhere and probably get a raise
    its easy to criticize folks that earn big paychecks, and I too am offended at some of the executive level paychecks-while the middle and lower classes are getting killed right now

that being said, that person did something to achieve that level
    except for Edgar Bronfman :lol:

i've worked in the corporate world for a while now and i've seen much ... and in my opinion - i can say that the generic pay discrepancy between all levels of employment do not reflect anywhere close the contribution to the company's success ... not even close ...

i would easily trade any $1 million a year exec for 10 $100k workers any day ...
  • matabelematabele Posts: 277
    This shit makes me madder than hell, yeah the top people are really worth their bloated paychecks and bonuses, give me a break. I too have dealt at top level on many occasions and it's all bullshit, we had an exec over here in Europe get a whopping bonus because he figured out if you took one olive out of every jar they produced they would make even more money, no shit Sherlock, take five olives out of every jar and screw the customer even more, guess what, you'll make even more money, genius.
    How about another master of the universe who said to the operators at a company I was working for, "if we get a 5% increase in production we will raise your pay", they increased production and he came back and asked for another 2%, they told him to fuck off and he said "we'll just move production to Czechoslovakia", which he promptly did, the Czechs worked for six months and then demanded a pay rise, he moved all the shit back to the UK, the whole fiasco cost close to a £1 000 000 and the company no longer exists but his bonus still got paid.
    The time for rioting in the streets is coming, overpaid and overrated twats don't realise it's not sustainable. grrrrrrrrrrrr, where's that bottle of Jack!
    matabele wrote:
    This shit makes me madder than hell, yeah the top people are really worth their bloated paychecks and bonuses, give me a break. I too have dealt at top level on many occasions and it's all bullshit, we had an exec over here in Europe get a whopping bonus because he figured out if you took one olive out of every jar they produced they would make even more money, no shit Sherlock, take five olives out of every jar and screw the customer even more, guess what, you'll make even more money, genius.
    How about another master of the universe who said to the operators at a company I was working for, "if we get a 5% increase in production we will raise your pay", they increased production and he came back and asked for another 2%, they told him to fuck off and he said "we'll just move production to Czechoslovakia", which he promptly did, the Czechs worked for six months and then demanded a pay rise, he moved all the shit back to the UK, the whole fiasco cost close to a £1 000 000 and the company no longer exists but his bonus still got paid.
    The time for rioting in the streets is coming, overpaid and overrated twats don't realise it's not sustainable. grrrrrrrrrrrr, where's that bottle of Jack!
    nice report.
    thank you for that.
    i vote for hangings.

the next executive that buys a yacht while ppl that work under him/her struggle to feed their families
    should be set on fire with gulf crude oil and then hung until death.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    matabele wrote:

sorry sir. the OP appears to only be upset at american corporations. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    chadwick wrote:
    matabele wrote:
    nice report.
    thank you for that.
    i vote for hangings.

the next executive that buys a yacht while ppl that work under him/her struggle to feed their families

i would own at least 3 yachts if i was a top executive and made millions of bucks per year :mrgreen:

.......by the way--so would you despite what you say now. ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I think there are two different issues in this thread...

But the same guy encouraging all employees to find ways to cut costs is a good idea... Our boss does that here, and with the help of employee suggestions, we've cut utility bills, marketing expenses, office supplies, etc. No one has lost their job or had their pay lowered, but we've saved a lot of money.

The main difference is effective vs. ineffective business strategies.

We can clearly tell the first example's motive: More money is his conniving pocket.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    What difference does it make if they are USA thieves or European thieves, it's all the same in the modern corporate world. Not everybody dreams of yachts most of us would be happy with just being comfortable, I have been at both ends of the financial scale on many occasions and have found the happiest people in the middle.
    These scumbags better watch out, chadwick is going to lead us when we burn their empires to the ground!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    matabele wrote:

You, i like.
    chadwick wrote:
    nice report.
    thank you for that.
    i vote for hangings.

i would own at least 3 yachts if i was a top executive and made millions of bucks per year :mrgreen:

um, no i wouldn't.
    i have no desire to own one, two, or three yachts.
    not my style.
    would i party on one? sure.
    would i travel the world in one? no.

instead of buying one, two, or three yacht, i am positive i'd clothe the poor.
    feed the poor.
    educate the poor.
    create jobs/businesses.

then i'd take a break with my pound of opium.
    no yachts here, just some high fuckers helping the less fortunate.

oh,,,, and i'd be writing my poetry.
    no three yachts needed for poetry.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    nice report.
    thank you for that.
    i vote for hangings.

um, no i wouldn't.
    i have no desire to own one, two, or three yachts.
    not my style.
    would i party on one? sure.
    would i travel the world in one? no.

instead of buying one, two, or three yacht, i am positive i'd clothe the poor.
    feed the poor.
    educate the poor.
    create jobs/businesses.

then i'd take a break with my pound of opium.
    no yachts here, just some high fuckers helping the less fortunate.

oh,,,, and i'd be writing my poetry.
    no three yachts needed for poetry.

if you had the money to purchase a yacht, you can also feed the poor.

people's opinions on these things change with their circumstances. its easy for someone like the OP to critisize this top exec at his company. but the man's obviously sucessful (who are we to critisize him for that?) and it appears he's asking his employees for their input on how to make the company more profitable. more power to him.
    www.myspace.com
    matabele wrote:
    These scumbags better watch out, chadwick is going to lead us when we burn their empires to the ground!
    you are right.
    i am a great leader of love and war alike.

chad = warlike.
    it's a fact.
    look it up.
    i resemble my name.

will i boil some executive's nuts in gulf crude?
    yes.
    will i lose my precious beauty sleep over it? no.

feed people... shelter people... clothe people... create jobs for people... educate people.
    simple shit.
    why isn't this happening all day, everyday, globally?

just wait till im president.

heads are gonna roll

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    matabele wrote:

cuz your president's a dope.
    www.myspace.com

people's opinions on these things change with their circumstances. its easy for someone like the OP to critisize this top exec at his company. but the man's obviously sucessful (who are we to critisize him for that?) and it appears he's asking his employees for their input on how to make the company more profitable. more power to him.

what's it cost to insure a 150 ft yacht?
    what's it cost to fill a 10,000 gallon fuel tank?
    10,000 x (high dollar dock prices) 6 or 8 bucks a gallon?
    weird shit.

if i had 2,000 million dollars i'd never buy a yacht.
    i would however buy a bmw to go muddin in.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    matabele wrote:

cuz your president's a dope.
    our president, not just mine.
    wait.... you musta voted for the old vietnam dude and that alaskan broad.
    well done, the jeagler.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    chadwick wrote:

if i had 2,000 million dollars i'd never buy a yacht.
    i would however buy a bmw to go muddin in.

But you could haul the BMW on the yacht for when you get where you're going. Ya gotta drive, right?

Ah, screw it. Just buy another yacht to haul the Beamer.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    quote]

people's opinions on these things change with their circumstances. its easy for someone like the OP to critisize this top exec at his company. but the man's obviously sucessful (who are we to critisize him for that?) and it appears he's asking his employees for their input on how to make the company more profitable. more power to him.[/quote]
    Jeagler being obviously successful does not mean he earned it or deserved it, look at Bush and the Enron scum, I could give you hundreds of thieving scumbag examples.
    matabele wrote:
    Jeagler being obviously successful does not mean he earned it or deserved it, look at Bush and the Enron scum, I could give you hundreds of thieving scumbag examples.
    dick cheney comes to mind.
    i will promise you something, at least 13 people on this board adore dick cheney.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    our president, not just mine.
    wait.... you musta voted for the old vietnam dude and that alaskan broad.
    well done, the jeagler.

nope. i recognize that neither of our two top political parties have nothing to offer us anymore.

soon, you people will come around too.
    www.myspace.com