Why do smokers think the beach is their personal ashtray??

BronyBrony Posts: 631
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Disgusting assholes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i pick up my buts
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Brony wrote:
    Disgusting assholes

as a former smoker, i can tell you that i never really thought about it. I just threw smokes anywhere no matter what.

but now i am disgusted as much as you are. just like when i see crap all over the beach too.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    i pick up my buts
    +1
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Seeing people flick their butts wherever they want really pisses me off.

Here in AZ, a number of wildfires start because people flick butts out of their window as they are driving down the highway. They had to put up signs telling people to use their ashtray. WTF?!?
    I'd rather see a sign "Use common sense you disgusting assholes". :D
  • The same reason non-smokers think the ocean is their personal toilet.
    i pick up my buts
    +1

even if im down by the water i put it out leave it there and pick it up on my way back

end of the day any butsn around me go into an empty can and that is that
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    The same reason non-smokers think the ocean is their personal toilet.

Only non-smokers pee in the ocean?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    Brony wrote:
    Disgusting assholes

orchard beach?
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358

So you are telling me that smokers dump their trash anywhere, but don't pee in the ocean? HAHAHAHA....god one. The ocean is everyone's toilet!!!! ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • The same reason non-smokers think the ocean is their personal toilet.

So you are telling me that smokers dump their trash anywhere, but don't pee in the ocean? HAHAHAHA....god one. The ocean is everyone's toilet!!!! ;)

Yes, that must have been the point I was making.

Smokers and non-smokers are equal opportunity polluters. Whether it's cigarette butts in the sand,
    garbage tossed on the beach or urinating in the water.
    One is as disgusting as the other.
    Self-righteous non-smokers make me laugh.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    yeah, I remember a day when I popped a beer, looked at the sunset, dug my toes in the sand only to find a few cigarette butts squished between my toes. fuckers.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Roughly 99% of all humans need their throats crushed. That should also solve the smoking addiction.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    What about condoms. Iv seen comdoms on the beach. Very nasty and a health hazard to birds and sea life.
    I'll be back
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    Jones Beach. Actually went to Orchard last week for the first time expecting the worst and it wasn't nearly as bad as this.
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Some smokers do this not all. I never randomly flick butts away. If I am in an area which does not have an ashtray I will make sure its out and it goes in the bin. As I say, not every smoker is bad.
    Brony wrote:
    Jones Beach. Actually went to Orchard last week for the first time expecting the worst and it wasn't nearly as bad as this.

go to long beach where my crib is

the west end of long beach ..its all public but most out of towners go to the east end

point being its very clean because we take care of our own beach where as the east has the people who don't give a fuck
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    What about condoms. Iv seen comdoms on the beach. Very nasty and a health hazard to birds and sea life.
    Much safer than the chicken cutlet!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Roughly 99% of all humans need their throats crushed. That should also solve the smoking addiction.
    mean chadwick's strongly agrees.

i have in the past throttled a dangerous man's throat with my bare hands.
    i had his throat squeezed in one hand and his nuts squeezed in the other.
    he then broke my nose with a punch to my face, blood everywhere.
    i am very glad he did that.
    if he'd have died i think i would have been in trouble.

please don't litter your cigarette butts.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    mean chadwick's strongly agrees.

i have in the past throttled a dangerous man's throat with my bare hands.
    i had his throat squeezed in one hand and his nuts squeezed in the other.
    he then broke my nose with a punch to my face, blood everywhere.
    i am very glad he did that.
    if he'd have died i think i would have been in trouble.

please don't litter your cigarette butts.

this is an awesome public service announcement. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    then they should have their penis and vagina set on fire for being to carefree.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889

Yes, that must have been the point I was making.

Smokers and non-smokers are equal opportunity polluters. Whether it's cigarette butts in the sand,
    garbage tossed on the beach or urinating in the water.
    One is as disgusting as the other.
    Self-righteous non-smokers make me laugh.

You can't really believe that peeing in the ocean is as disgusting as throwing trash or butts in the sand/ocean do you?

Littering pisses me off.. whether you throw a cigarette butt or a food wrapper out of a car window or on the beach, I want punch people when I see them do it.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    chadwick wrote:

I don't know what's more surprising...
    condoms on the beach,
    or that these fuckers actually were smart enough to use a condom.

but yeah, flame broiled privates should fix 'em right up.
  • mrveddersonmrvedderson Posts: 784
    It is actually illegal to put your bodily fluids onto someone else. So YES, i do think that peeing in the ocean is as bad as tossing cigarette butts. But, i put my butts in the trash, along with others that i see.
    my brother stepped on a needle once :cry:

luckily he was fine
    chadwick wrote:

I don't know what's more surprising...
    condoms on the beach,
    or that these fuckers actually were smart enough to use a condom.

but yeah, flame broiled privates should fix 'em right up.
    nobody i know would want to pick up some john's used condom.
    it would require a long piece of driftwood and a trash bag.
    lots of skill.

one could always ram the used rubber down the happy camper's throat, sand sprinklings included.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • gundagunda Posts: 97
    i don't swim in your toilet so don't piss in my ocean and pick up after yourselves so others don't have to suffer it only takes a few minutes of your precious time.
    8-23-00 jones beach 10-21-01 cal 7-14_03 pnc 5-18_10 nj msg1 5-20-10
  • KB262864KB262864 Posts: 67
    Comparing cigarette butts to urine or even feces in the ocean is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. The difference is excrement is biodegradable. Those cigarette butts will be there for decades.

And you people need to get over your bodily function phobias. You do know that every rafter that goes down the Grand Canyon urinates in the Colorado River. Remember that next time you go to Las Vegas.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Leave only footprints.

I take my rubbish including fag ends back home with me.
  • KB262864 wrote:
    Comparing cigarette butts to urine or even feces in the ocean is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. The difference is excrement is biodegradable. Those cigarette butts will be there for decades.

And you people need to get over your bodily function phobias. You do know that every rafter that goes down the Grand Canyon urinates in the Colorado River. Remember that next time you go to Las Vegas.

I don't give a shit that it eventually dissolves. It's still disgusting.
    I'll bet some of those rafters have tossed a butt into the river every now and then.
  • matabelematabele Posts: 277
    In Portugal they make these long plastic ashtrays available, you put them in the sand and they stand up, never seen them not taken back.