Tipping Friends...

2»

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Have any of the Euro's or other non-Americans commented on this subject yet? I'm waiting for the almighty classics bouts that used to ensue on this subject in the past.

With that said, everyone - tip your peeps, ya chincy bastards! Whether they're your friend or not.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    chadwick wrote:
    i'd leave a tip and tell 'em to stop by for a green smoking session.
    no big deal.

now, THAT is I call a tip

and, yes, you should over tip your friends
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    I made $94 on one table last weekend & none of them were my friends...

Were you dancing on said table?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I made $94 on one table last weekend & none of them were my friends...

Were you dancing on said table?

:lol: that'd be crazy...oh wait.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    As someone who worked in the food and delivery industry I think that there are several small unspoken "rules" to this.
    1. Play it straight...friend does well, no comps, good food, etc. Tip 20%+round up to the next buck or two. It's your friend after all, but, as someone said not a charity case.

2. Rule Bending...friend does well, comps you a few beverages, maybe an appetizer. If they bring you the stuff unwarranted and you enjoyed it then tip 20% on the price that your bill would have been. In the end it's like getting 60 cent beers, and 1.20 appetizers. However, if you were planning on paying for the drinks and they magically don't end up on the bill, then pay 50%+ for whatever you were going to pay for.

3. Full Comp...if they do it out of the blue you gotta sleep with them OR pay them off (haha j/k), or give like a 30% tip or so.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    chadwick wrote:
    no big deal.

I was tipped with hash when I worked at a music store and we were also a ticketmaster outlet and I got someone really good seats to a concert and he asked if I liked hash and I said who doesn't and handed me a little film holder with hash in it. The good old days.
    I'll be back
    chadwick wrote:
    no big deal.

I was tipped with hash when I worked at a music store and we were also a ticketmaster outlet and I got someone really good seats to a concert and he asked if I liked hash and I said who doesn't and handed me a little film holder with hash in it. The good old days.

When I ran my family's bar this one dude would "tip" with a "quarter" of headies. Yeah, he never really paid for beers.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Have any of the Euro's or other non-Americans commented on this subject yet? I'm waiting for the almighty classics bouts that used to ensue on this subject in the past.

it's a hard one to answer as none of my friends work in the service industry nor do they work in America where tipping is seen a sign of showing off how much you earn to the poor people who bring you a meal. Therefore, in summation either get friends who don't require tipping or move to the civilised world.

;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    PJPixie wrote:
    lol..........i thought this thread was going to be like COW TIPPING.
    Me too....now that kind of friend tipping I'm all for....it pays off to hang out with a bunch of drunks sometimes....GOOD TIMES
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    dunkman wrote:

it's a hard one to answer as none of my friends work in the service industry nor do they work in America where tipping is seen a sign of showing off how much you earn to the poor people who bring you a meal. Therefore, in summation either get friends who don't require tipping or move to the civilised world.

;)

FINALLY.
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    dunkman wrote:
    in America where tipping is seen a sign of showing off how much you earn to the poor people who bring you a meal.

oh please, I eat in nice restaurants and tip 25-30% and I'm just a lowly waitress. By no means can I be showing off how much I earn. I just follow the rule, if you can't afford to eat out, stay home
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I typically tip 20% or over... not to pretend I'm rich... or I look at a waiter or bartender as a lower class of person... it's because I know waiters, waitresses and bartenders. I know what they often have to deal with, particularly with those customers who demand service.
    A friend... more than 20%.
    If I'm comped a drink or food... it's usually what I would have paid for the item (minus the tip).
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    dunkman wrote:
    in America where tipping is seen a sign of showing off how much you earn to the poor people who bring you a meal.

oh please, I eat in nice restaurants and tip 25-30% and I'm just a lowly waitress. By no means can I be showing off how much I earn. I just follow the rule, if you can't afford to eat out, stay home

and just following the rules makes it right?

you only tip 25-30% because you are a waitress.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

and just following the rules makes it right?

you only tip 25-30% because you are a waitress.

Like my pappy always said - "If kilts had pockets, they'd be deep." Or maybe it was "Fuck the Scots." I know it was one or the other.
    your pappy sounds like a racist... sure he wasnt scottish?
    dunkman wrote:
    your pappy sounds like a racist... sure he wasnt scottish?

If he wasn't, then he learned it from a Scotsman, who invented it.
    most likely... we didnt invent racism though... i think that was the wops.
    dunkman wrote:
    most likely... we didnt invent racism though... i think that was the wops.

:D:D