I'm ready for fall!!!

2»

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    StillHere wrote:
    hmmmm...my daughter just moved back east from a western washington itty bitty bullsh*t town on june 3.
    maybe its the same one?
    that would be far out wouldn't it?
    did she move because it's damp most of the time?
    did she move because the people suck?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    chadwick wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    hmmmm...my daughter just moved back east from a western washington itty bitty bullsh*t town on june 3.
    maybe its the same one?
    that would be far out wouldn't it?
    did she move because it's damp most of the time?
    did she move because the people suck?

from what she says it was a one horse redneck town where no one cared about anyone, there were no jobs, it was a used up town, and yeah, the weather was wet, but it was cool and mild compared to a summer in NJ/PA.

AND yeah, she never made one good friend the entire 3 years she was there...not one. some acquaintances but that's it.

but she did love the beach, so different from the jersey shore, and clamming, and crawfishing, and crabbing and all that local stuff. but that's about it.

sound familiar?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    StillHere wrote:
    from what she says it was a one horse redneck town where no one cared about anyone, there were no jobs, it was a used up town, and yeah, the weather was wet, but it was cool and mild compared to a summer in NJ/PA.

AND yeah, she never made one good friend the entire 3 years she was there...not one. some acquaintances but that's it.

but she did love the beach, so different from the jersey shore, and clamming, and crawfishing, and crabbing and all that local stuff. but that's about it.

sound familiar?
    sounds about right.
    i am not at all surprised that after 3 years she had not one decent friend.
    i have friends here and i am grateful.

the west coast is not like the midwest. (or PA from the way it sounds)
    ppl here have no clue about being a good neighbor.
    if it weren't for the sea, the trees, the weather, and the mountains i'd move back to iowa.

i am not affraid to say that washington state residents suck monkey balls.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    best part about the fall The-New-York+Yankees-World-Champions+(1).jpg

:D:clap::clap: :thumbup:
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    chadwick wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

sound familiar?
    sounds about right.
    i am not at all surprised that after 3 years she had not one decent friend.
    i have friends here and i am grateful.

the west coast is not like the midwest. (or PA from the way it sounds)
    ppl here have no clue about being a good neighbor.
    if it weren't for the sea, the trees, the weather, and the mountains i'd move back to iowa.

i am not affraid to say that washington state residents suck monkey balls.

It is a real shame, because every photo she showed me of every tree, every hike, heck, even the highway, was absolutely stunning! Mountains on one side, the sea on the other. Who could ask for a more picturesque landscape. Absolutely gorgeous. (as long as nothing erupts or cracks off and falls into the sea, that is :P )
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Oh good lord no. Its cold here so much of the time, that I'll take a few hot days. We'll have our first frost in 6-8 weeks from now. And we'll see the first red leaves by 2nd week of August. Fall stay away!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008