Options

Lady Gaga is so cool

PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
edited July 2010 in Other Music
She is a really talented performer, shes so artistic i love her. Also her acoustic versions of her songs are pretty sweet too. Any other fans?
Shows:
Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i like her... as an artist, performer, and person (from what i can tell)

sick of her songs at this point though...

the sophomore album will be most telling

and i'm honestly excited to see her enormous/obnoxious/flamboyant spectacle at lolla
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    BlahBlah Posts: 469
    If you take away her costumes and gimmick then nobody would know who she was or give a crap who she was. I wish she would just sh -sh -shut her face, sh - sh shut her face.
  • Options
    EzikielEzikiel Posts: 112
    She is a really talented performer, shes so artistic i love her. Also her acoustic versions of her songs are pretty sweet too. Any other fans?

no
    Nov 13 2006, Melbourne
    Aug 18 2009, London
  • Options
    Ezikiel wrote:

no

I fully concur. I find her mostly awful.

Mostly.
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165

Is this a sick joke? :shock:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I like her. I see her as a female Elton John when he was at his most flamboyant... A little less talented though.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    I like her. I'm actually listening to her right now at my desk

I'm seeing her in September in Philly
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    I'm proud to say that I have NEVER heard a Lady Gaga song
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    She is the female Marilyn Manson....nothing more than a spectacle.
    Maybe some of her songs are good pop songs, but I don't dig gimmicks very much.
    From what I can tell, she would still just be a blip among many on the screen without all the outrageousness and eventually that won't carry her anymore
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    Beach Bum wrote:
    If you take away her costumes and gimmick then nobody would know who she was or give a crap who she was. I wish she would just sh -sh -shut her face, sh - sh shut her face.

+1
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I like her. I see her as a female Elton John when he was at his most flamboyant... A little less talented though.
    A male Elton John is bad enough. ;)
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I do like her, though I'm not too fond of gimmicks myself.

But she's good at what she does. She writes her own songs (she writes songs for other people), she can sing and she can play. Some of the stuff she does/wears is somewhat over the top, but I don't really care. I'm in it for the tunes. 8-):lol:

One thing I worry about is that she's gonna "burn out" all her ideas too soon. :think:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    She is the female Marilyn Manson....
    the fact that you're using that comparison as a bad thing tells me you've never really listened to either artist... everyone needs to get over the "gimmicks" and just take her as the weird chick she is... or don't... just don't use her fashion as a bullshit excuse not to give it a chance

• Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Jerry Seinfeld doesn't think she's all that cool.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    No
    No she's not.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    pop industry need a new Madonna..and find this thing,that call her self woman
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Ezikiel wrote:

no

agreed, hell no. But if like her man, good for you!
    Just not for me haha
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

Rightfully so too. She really made an ass of herself.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

Rightfully so too. She really made an ass of herself.
    must've missed something... link?

• Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Beach Bum wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    She is the female Marilyn Manson....
    the fact that you're using that comparison as a bad thing tells me you've never really listened to either artist... everyone needs to get over the "gimmicks" and just take her as the weird chick she is... or don't... just don't use her fashion as a bullshit excuse not to give it a chance
    Not using it as an excuse at all...I'm actually quite familiar with her stuff...listened to marilyn back in the day. At the end of the day though, neither can be accused of making exceptionally good music in my opinion, so I stand by the idea that their gimmicks are a large part of their popularity
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,937
    LukinFan wrote:
    I'm proud to say that I have NEVER heard a Lady Gaga song

+1
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    matabelematabele Posts: 277
    Turn the sound off on the tv, put PJ on the record player and watch her dance around.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Yes I like her, I am a fan. I close my eyes when I listen to music thats how I know I really like it and not the visuals or hype. She is cool in her own right. Actually spins quite nice with PJ.
  • Options

what the fuck
    Shows:
  • Options
    I can't belive some of the narrow minded comments here. not everything has to be the who pearl jam or kings of leon :P
    For those bashing her listen to her acoustic version of paparazzi its really great.

BUT if u actually did gave her music a chance and simply don't like her thats totally cool, I just dont like it when people who have only heard one song or even none bash musicians.
    Shows:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

what the fuck
    :wtf:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    I can't belive some of the narrow minded comments here. not everything has to be the who pearl jam or kings of leon :P
    For those bashing her listen to her acoustic version of paparazzi its really great.

BUT if u actually did gave her music a chance and simply don't like her thats totally cool, I just dont like it when people who have only heard one song or even none bash musicians.

Agreed. I’m not a fan, but at least she writes and plays her own music.
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    Sappy113Sappy113 Posts: 178
    Her songs sure are catchy. And forgettable.

Not my style at all, so I'm probably biased, though. But as others have stated, without the costumes and the intended gimmicks, she's just another random drop in the endless sea of mindnumbing popular artists. I don't dig the whole attention-grabbing act at all.

But again, I pretty much loathe the musical artists as concepts thing, so.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    worst thing to happen to music in a long long time.. the OP must be joking?? Pearl jam fans like poppy lady gaga shite? wow thats a new one...
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08