Poncier wrote:
    Good thing he didn't ask him to take his boxers off!! :shock:

that's cataract surgery
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    norm wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

that's cataract surgery

Don't even ask where they go in for cornea replacement...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

that's cataract surgery

Tijuana?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

that's cataract surgery

Tijuana?
    No, I don't wanna.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

that's cataract surgery

Tijuana?

Si.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Lizard wrote:
    Glad it went well.

I've thought about this for years since I am blind as a bat w/o my contacts but last year my eye dr gave me 1 contact for near and 1 for far so it has worked out pretty well so far as not needing reading glasses.

How's the close up D? you need reading glasses?

No reading galsses yet, but may need them in the next 10 years. They performed a mini-mono vision where they treat the dominant eye for 20/20 or better and undercorrect the less dominant eye an ever so slight amount. The same principal as your contacts. If I find that the less dominant eye isnt doing what I want, they can go back and correct it to full prescription

As for the shoes, we had to slip off our shoes and don those cute surigal booties and a hair net... (leaving myself open again, I know) My heel doesnt really hurt either, so they must really have it perfected.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    Lizard wrote:
    Glad it went well.

I've thought about this for years since I am blind as a bat w/o my contacts but last year my eye dr gave me 1 contact for near and 1 for far so it has worked out pretty well so far as not needing reading glasses.

How's the close up D? you need reading glasses?

No reading galsses yet, but may need them in the next 10 years. They performed a mini-mono vision where they treat the dominant eye for 20/20 or better and undercorrect the less dominant eye an ever so slight amount. The same principal as your contacts. If I find that the less dominant eye isnt doing what I want, they can go back and correct it to full prescription

As for the shoes, we had to slip off our shoes and don those cute surigal booties and a hair net... (leaving myself open again, I know) My heel doesnt really hurt either, so they must really have it perfected.

Did they shave the patient?
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Shaved?

I guess I should check :lol: I've just been checking out things far away!

Looks like they may have gotten too close on my sppelling eyes though. Even missing a few leters here and there now.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I've always wanted to have lasik done, I have pretty crappy vision. I've always worn glasses. I use contacts every now and then but my eyes get so dry I'd rather tolerate my glasses.
    So, I can't get the Lasik procedure done because I'm diabetic. The doc says my eyes would never heal if I did this. I can only imagine being able to go swimming and actually being able to see, or go to the beach and play in the water and being able to see 1 foot in front of me.............i can dream....
    My sister had lasik done about 5 years ago and she said the first thing she noticed was that her upper back and neck pain went away, she was no longer squinting her eyes and hunching over to see things.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    several years ago i considered it but the doc said my eyes were too bad and even if i did get it i'd still need glasses :shock:

however, now that i've broken 40, my eyes are actually getting better but even so i don't want to laser, cut, burn my eyes :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Lasers and eyes werent designed to come in contact
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg