Cleveland is pretty pissed

2»

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    thats the saddest part of the whole thing... where was the disclaimer that this behavior may not be acceptable??? EVERYONE just fed into it!

as someone whose taught inner city kids in the past i can tell you that those kids look up to these guys like CRAZY... a lot of them may not have anyone else worth looking up to... and between athletes and musicians behaving like this i truly fear for how this generations young black men will turn out

but hey... at least theres obama :|

uhhh ... well, i would say that across the board for most athletes of all colour ...
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    polaris_x wrote:
    thats the saddest part of the whole thing... where was the disclaimer that this behavior may not be acceptable??? EVERYONE just fed into it!

as someone whose taught inner city kids in the past i can tell you that those kids look up to these guys like CRAZY... a lot of them may not have anyone else worth looking up to... and between athletes and musicians behaving like this i truly fear for how this generations young black men will turn out

but hey... at least theres obama :|

uhhh ... well, i would say that across the board for most athletes of all colour ...
    no need to get all defensively PC...

i was just sharing a legit concern based on personal experience and an obviously broken system
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    no need to get all defensively PC...

i was just sharing a legit concern based on personal experience and an obviously broken system

i get that but i'm just saying that white kids who look up to ben roethlisberger or nascar drivers are in similar boats ... athletes in general shouldn't be role models often ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    i get that but i'm just saying that white kids who look up to ben roethlisberger or nascar drivers are in similar boats ... athletes in general shouldn't be role models often ...
    ah gotcha... yes... agreed

that time seems to have passed... not that athletes weren't dicks before... but you didn't hear about it like you do today... i'd rather ESPN just play the same episode of sportscenter 12 times a day than fill their empty space with gossip and crime reports

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Is it fair to say Cleveland is "steamed"?

that time seems to have passed... not that athletes weren't dicks before... but you didn't hear about it like you do today... i'd rather ESPN just play the same episode of sportscenter 12 times a day than fill their empty space with gossip and crime reports

i think its definitely gotten worse because of all the inflated salaries and the pop culture aspect of it ... before, people cared only about how well a guy did ... now, they wanna know who they are sleeping with and what kind of toothpaste they use ... it's ridiculous and we only have ourselves to blame ... and to echo your sentiments when you have underprivileged kids looking to move up in life and look at athletes who were in similar positions - they aren't really getting much except how to be a douchebag ...
    polaris_x wrote:

i think its definitely gotten worse because of all the inflated salaries and the pop culture aspect of it ... before, people cared only about how well a guy did ... now, they wanna know who they are sleeping with and what kind of toothpaste they use ... it's ridiculous and we only have ourselves to blame ... and to echo your sentiments when you have underprivileged kids looking to move up in life and look at athletes who were in similar positions - they aren't really getting much except how to be a douchebag ...

Wait, what is Lebron's favorite toothpaste???!!!
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    Polaris x, I absolutely agree! Lebron is a bad role model. I'm glad he is gone.
    polaris_x wrote:
    Mr Rocko wrote:
    And I thought Chris Bosh would be the most hated by his Raptor Fans!

i'm sure a lot of fans are disappointed but i'm glad he left ... he doesn't deserve max money ... he is seriously overrated ... like stan van said - i think he realized he is NOT the man and that he is a role player ... we have serious problems at the pg position which ultimately was the death of us last year ...

as for lebron and cleveland ... i got no problem with him leaving ... but this grand spectacle to stick it to his fans in cleveland lacked any semblance of class ... and it's that narcissistic nature that shows that these guys are so full of themselves and they really aren't the kind of people you want as role models ...
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    There is a HUGE mural of this (minus the dbag) hanging on a building in downtown Cleveland. I can not wait until someone removes it.
    we-are-all-witnesses-lebron-james-546522_1024_768_jpg2.jpg

C avaliers
    R eally
    E xpected
    S omeone
    T rue

sorry ... best i got right now ... :)
    polaris_x wrote:

C avaliers
    R eally
    E xpected
    S omeone
    T rue

:thumbup:
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    fife wrote:
    Mr Rocko wrote:
    And I thought Chris Bosh would be the most hated by his Raptor Fans!

why would we hate Bosh. when he was here we didn't make the playoffs and now that he is gone we won't make the playoffs. Bosh is overrated.
    I do this bosh is an overrated player..
    but hes still an excellent role player

Bosh is weak in the post, has never taken a shot worth anything. no good on d. people always say he is a double double guy which is true but when you look at the games which i have seen alot off you notice that most of his rebounds are easy and tend to take place when the other team has already gone back on d.

The heat better hope that LJ or DW stay healthy because they are 1 injury away from being a so-so team.

but I do have to say 1 thing to Bosh. you might think your name will become more popular but let me tell you something. you will be forgotten just like Horace Grant name is.
  • Am I the only one who thought that Cavs owners rant was childish and extremely unporfessional?
    I'm surprised Lebron even stayed in Cleveland as long as he did. On another note though, (as much as I despise Kobe), I can applaude players like Kobe, Jeter, and others who stay with one team to try to build on.

People in Cleveland burning Lebron jerseys is childish......
    People losing their minds over pro athletes is childish.....
    Lebron is childish....
    The Cavs owner is childish........

A gazillionaire athlete chose to play in Miami.....Thats all..

Did we need an hour long TV special to listen to him announce his decision??? NO we didnt.....
    We sure didn't need the TV special. But it is a pretty big deal, beyond "chose to play in Miami" because that's about $48 million a year gone from Cleveland's economy. I'm not going to be surprised if quite a few of the good bars/restaurants/etc downtown close up shop, between the Cavs going back to mediocrity and the Indians drawing seven people a night. The Clowns will still sell out but that's only 8 games a winter and the fans mostly tailgate.

And I'm hearing from people that work downtown that the Cleveland police have a special detail guarding that giant billboard until it can be taken down.
    "Money is no object," I said, "but I am on a budget."
    And I'm hearing from people that work downtown that the Cleveland police have a special detail guarding that giant billboard until it can be taken down.
    :lol::lol::lol:

WHY?! what a good opportunity for public expression... they should just commission a good graffiti artist for the job so some amateur thug doesn't do something dumb

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Are they also upset that the Yankees will be starting CC Sabathia and Cliff Lee in about a week?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Are they also upset that the Yankees will be starting CC Sabathia and Cliff Lee in about a week?
    maybe prince james can go to the games and wear his yankee hat and sit next to jay-z
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The best we could probably muster up here in Cleveland would be a guy with a can of kerosene and a lighter. I'm actually really impressed that Gilbert had Fathead put all the LBJ merchandise on clearance for $17.41, which is Benedict Arnold's birth year.

And yes, Cliffy to the Yankees is an humiliating kick in the crotch, but no one can be mad at Cliff for he was traded and not born here. ish.
    I'm actually really impressed that Gilbert had Fathead put all the LBJ merchandise on clearance for $17.41, which is Benedict Arnold's birth year.
    DAMN... that guys got a flair for the dramatic :roll:

funny though

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    The best we could probably muster up here in Cleveland would be a guy with a can of kerosene and a lighter. I'm actually really impressed that Gilbert had Fathead put all the LBJ merchandise on clearance for $17.41, which is Benedict Arnold's birth year.

And yes, Cliffy to the Yankees is an humiliating kick in the crotch, but no one can be mad at Cliff for he was traded and not born here. ish.

oh that is very funny. the 17.41 thing.
  • What I really want is for no one to attend the Heat's game in Cleveland next season. Either no one show up or everyone show up and just stand there silently.

Athletes like that feed off "me-vs-them" that jeering, booing, and heckling creates but the damn fans keep standing there screaming.
  • Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,627
    polaris_x wrote:

C avaliers
    R eally
    E xpected
    S omeone
    T rue

:thumbup:
    :lol::clap: :thumbup:
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
    What I really want is for no one to attend the Heat's game in Cleveland next season. Either no one show up or everyone show up and just stand there silently.

Athletes like that feed off "me-vs-them" that jeering, booing, and heckling creates but the damn fans keep standing there screaming.

thats not a bad idea
    alot of people arnt gonna go to games next season because of lebron

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    The sports fans of Cleveland dont deserve this. Very classless and unnecessary.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    The sports fans of Cleveland dont deserve this. Very classless and unnecessary.
    He pretty much just kicked everyone in Cleveland in the balls.
    but i honestly think alot of his decision had to do with west sleeping with his momma

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    i just cant wait to see South Park's take on this.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    i just cant wait to see South Park's take on this.
    That would be absolutely hilarious!!

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    norm wrote:
    Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his “decision” unlike anything ever “witnessed” in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don’t deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

“I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our “motivation” to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that’s simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown “chosen one” sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And “who” we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called “curse” on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former “King” will be taking the “curse” with him down south. And until he does “right” by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day….

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue….

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

http://www.sportstalkcleveland.com/blog/?p=1348

OK- I'm from Michigan so I might have a little different take on this.
    So Dan Gilbert wanted Tom Izzo, a guy born, raised and revered in Michigan, to leave his coaching post at Michigan State University and come coach his team.
    Then, at least in Gilbert's eyes, it was totally OK for our hero, who grew up in our very region to desert our team.
    But when his guy does it to him, it's a "cowardly betrayal."
    Anyone else think this sounds blatantly hypocritical?
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    Now cleavlands really pissed he said "being in this heat jersey just feels right"
    everything thats lebron has been prices to $17

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1