Boston 18 - 1
Boston 18 -2 
MSG 24 - 1
Boston 24 -1
Boston 24 -2 
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    And I thought Chris Bosh would be the most hated by his Raptor Fans!
    México 24/11/2011
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    so should i buy tickets to the miami at cleveland game to flip?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    Mr Rocko wrote:

everyone has left Toronto, it's sad

tmac
    Carter
    bosh
    etc

Toronto is a cool city too
  • Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,627
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    milarso wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:

I'm laughing so hard right now that my wife in the kitchen is yelling at me asking if I'm ok...
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    milarso wrote:

I'm laughing so hard right now that my wife in the kitchen is yelling at me asking if I'm ok...

Well I hope you invited her in and showed her!
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    milarso wrote:

Too fuuny... thank you for that!
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    milarso wrote:
    milarso wrote:

Well I hope you invited her in and showed her!
    she wasn't interested....she was getting something to drink before she went to go start watching dvds of True Blood

I think she thought I had lost my mind or something!
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    You can't blame the man for leaving Cleveland. He did a lot there in 7 years. They're not his responsibility, he has to think of himself, but I think Miami was one of the worst choices if not the worst. This hurts his image and if he wins, nobody outside of Miami will respect it.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    we-are-all-witnesses-lebron-james-546522_1024_768_jpg2.jpg
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    milarso wrote:

Those videos kill me... I probably watched those 15 times laughing out loud when I first saw them.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282

Ahahahahaha! :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his “decision” unlike anything ever “witnessed” in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don’t deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

“I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our “motivation” to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that’s simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown “chosen one” sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And “who” we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called “curse” on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former “King” will be taking the “curse” with him down south. And until he does “right” by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day….

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue….

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

http://www.sportstalkcleveland.com/blog/?p=1348
    Thanks for this pic fenway!! i actually laughed out loud! :lol::lol:

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    edited July 2010
    JasonE wrote:
    You can't blame the man for leaving Cleveland. He did a lot there in 7 years. They're not his responsibility, he has to think of himself, but I think Miami was one of the worst choices if not the worst. This hurts his image and if he wins, nobody outside of Miami will respect it.

I think it was more the way he left that has Cleveland so upset. Obviously they're not happy that he's gone, but to have an hour-long TV special dedicated just to you, and then scorn your hometown (Cleveland has also done a lot for him in the past 7 years) on national TV because you want to go play with your homies in South Beach, makes me sick. You're right, Miami is the worst choice of all the teams that were courting him, and that just adds to it. By choosing Miami, he basically went against anything he's ever said he wants to accomplish; winning titles(should've gone to Chicago), being loyal (Cleveland) or a global icon (New York).

The fact that he (and Wade and Bosh) garnered the media's attention, pretty much forced the entire league to put their FA plans on hold, when this whole thing was a farce all along. Man, it really disgusts me.
    Post edited by IwasBit10 on
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    I'm sorry Cleveland
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Thats Awesome
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    win a championship b4 miami !!!!

ok mr. owner ..stop smoking the crack
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    JasonE wrote:

I think it was more the way he left that has Cleveland so upset. Obviously they're not happy that he's gone, but to have an hour-long TV special dedicated just to you, and then scorn your hometown (Cleveland has also done a lot for him in the past 7 years) on national TV because you want to go play with your homies in South Beach, makes me sick. You're right, Miami is the worst choice of all the teams that were courting him, and that just adds to it. By choosing Miami, he basically went against anything he's ever said he wants to accomplish; winning titles(should've gone to Chicago), being loyal (Cleveland) or a global icon (New York).

The fact that he (and Wade and Bosh) garnered the media's attention, pretty much forced the entire league to put their FA plans on hold, when this whole thing was a farce all along. Man, it really disgusts me.
    I really couldnt agree more

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749

Ain't that the truth...that guy is nuts.
    Obviously the whole grandstanding tv show hyped up bullshit was all disgusting and totally ridiculous, but I don't see how lebron OWED Cleveland anything. The guy has been there seven years and at no point in those seven years did crazy Gilbert do anything to get lebron the help he needed to win a title or two. And now he's mad because lebron left??? Give me a break. If anything the Cavalier organization let Lebron down.
    And again..the whole process being the circus that it was, Lebron actually made the move for the right reason....in hopes of winning....it obviously wasn't about money and certainly not about his gigantic ego (not as far as on the court anyway)
    The whole thing was a PR disaster completely and totally but frankly I can't imagine anyone in Cleveland having the gall to say they have been betrayed. I don't know the guy, but I'll bet he would have loved to have stayed in Cleveland and won several championships....but he and every other realist knows that simply isn't going to happen whether he's there or not
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Mr Rocko wrote:

i'm sure a lot of fans are disappointed but i'm glad he left ... he doesn't deserve max money ... he is seriously overrated ... like stan van said - i think he realized he is NOT the man and that he is a role player ... we have serious problems at the pg position which ultimately was the death of us last year ...

as for lebron and cleveland ... i got no problem with him leaving ... but this grand spectacle to stick it to his fans in cleveland lacked any semblance of class ... and it's that narcissistic nature that shows that these guys are so full of themselves and they really aren't the kind of people you want as role models ...
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Mr Rocko wrote:

why would we hate Bosh. when he was here we didn't make the playoffs and now that he is gone we won't make the playoffs. Bosh is overrated.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Am I the only one who thought that Cavs owners rant was childish and extremely unporfessional?
    I'm surprised Lebron even stayed in Cleveland as long as he did. On another note though, (as much as I despise Kobe), I can applaude players like Kobe, Jeter, and others who stay with one team to try to build on.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Am I the only one who thought that Cavs owners rant was childish and extremely unporfessional?
    I'm surprised Lebron even stayed in Cleveland as long as he did. On another note though, (as much as I despise Kobe), I can applaude players like Kobe, Jeter, and others who stay with one team to try to build on.
    Most of the time I would agree with you that his letter should be considered unprofessional . . . but I think this case deserves an exception. Lebron's ego was the size of one of those Macy's parade floats and he deserves to be ripped for the way he handled his exit.

If the Colts don't somehow extend Peyton Manning's contract and he ends up pulling off some long drawn-out stunt where he holds a 1-hour special to announce he's joining the Dolphins . . . . I don't know what I would do. That would be plain cruel. But I don't have to worry about that happening because Peyton Manning isn't a fucking idiot.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,471

People in Cleveland burning Lebron jerseys is childish......
    People losing their minds over pro athletes is childish.....
    Lebron is childish....
    The Cavs owner is childish........

A gazillionaire athlete chose to play in Miami.....Thats all..

Did we need an hour long TV special to listen to him announce his decision??? NO we didnt.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577

Ain't that the truth...that guy is nuts.
    Obviously the whole grandstanding tv show hyped up bullshit was all disgusting and totally ridiculous, but I don't see how lebron OWED Cleveland anything. The guy has been there seven years and at no point in those seven years did crazy Gilbert do anything to get lebron the help he needed to win a title or two. And now he's mad because lebron left??? Give me a break. If anything the Cavalier organization let Lebron down.
    And again..the whole process being the circus that it was, Lebron actually made the move for the right reason....in hopes of winning....it obviously wasn't about money and certainly not about his gigantic ego (not as far as on the court anyway)
    The whole thing was a PR disaster completely and totally but frankly I can't imagine anyone in Cleveland having the gall to say they have been betrayed. I don't know the guy, but I'll bet he would have loved to have stayed in Cleveland and won several championships....but he and every other realist knows that simply isn't going to happen whether he's there or not
    You do realize that Gilbert gave LeBron basically anything he wanted, right?

Here's an excerpt from an article on ESPN:
    In every trade Gilbert made, he took on more money than he sent out, his payroll spiraling into the luxury tax and then more deeply into the tax. Each, whether it was for Ben Wallace or Mo Williams or Shaquille O'Neal or Antawn Jamison, came only as James signed off. Yet when it was time to sign free agents, James would not commit to the future.

It left the team being forced to improve mostly through trades, deals they often made with the short term in mind that required them to give up future assets in the form of draft picks and prospects. Largely it worked, as the Cavs became one of the league's most successful teams.

Gilbert hired one of James' friends and paid him more than some assistant coaches to hang out with the team so James would be comfortable. Gilbert allowed members of James' management team to fly on the team jet. He spent $25 million to construct a practice facility that was located 20 minutes closer to James' home than the old one. He rebuilt the locker room. He hired a masseur to travel on the road because James likes massages.

He even fired his head coach, somewhat on spec, with the belief that James wanted a change.

It is because of all of that James' decision to walk was such a gut punch to the owner. It wasn't that he didn't see it coming, it was he didn't know what he could do to stop it.
    I don't think Gilbert says any of those things if LeBron handles the situation respectfully. But he didn't even receive a phone call. This entire situation was played out horribly, and I think it symbolizes all that's wrong with the NBA. I used to be a big LeBron defender, but now you can be damned sure I'll be rooting against him.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

i don't know if childish is the word ... definitely reactionary ... but ya gotta understand ... gilbert coddled lebron in every way while he was in cleveland ... his entourage would fly on team charters and sit behind the bench ... he catered to his every desires and to be strung along and then shunned on national tv ... that's cold to say the least ... it's like breaking up with your fiance on national tv ...

if lebron had any semblance of class - he would have let all the teams know his decision as soon as he knew starting with cleveland ... judging by simmons article on espn - this has been in the works for a while now and it was just a matter of time ... both bosh and wade have had film crews following them all summer ...
    fife wrote:
    Mr Rocko wrote:

why would we hate Bosh. when he was here we didn't make the playoffs and now that he is gone we won't make the playoffs. Bosh is overrated.
    I do this bosh is an overrated player..
    but hes still an excellent role player

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    polaris_x wrote:
    these guys are so full of themselves and they really aren't the kind of people you want as role models ...
    thats the saddest part of the whole thing... where was the disclaimer that this behavior may not be acceptable??? EVERYONE just fed into it!

as someone whose taught inner city kids in the past i can tell you that those kids look up to these guys like CRAZY... a lot of them may not have anyone else worth looking up to... and between athletes and musicians behaving like this i truly fear for how this generations young black men will turn out

but hey... at least theres obama :|
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/