Is this creepy...facebook related...

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
An ex-colleague of mine who resigned somehow found me on facebook even though I thought my settings made me invisible.

Anyways...

We were chatting on facebook one night and I excused myself for not replying sooner as I was chatting to my cousin overseas (she very rarely goes online so I jumped at the chance) and so he asks what's her name.
I was thinking wtf do you need to know, so I told him and he goes and checks her profile out and makes remarks that she is hot and asks if she's single.
He then proceeds to go through all my female cousins and some friends saying they are hot and asking if they are single. This dude is married btw.

Is this just creepy?
I felt he was stepping over the line a bit, sure I could take it as a compliment I have attractive cousins but they are family and I wasn't comfortable about the whole conversation.

I wish I could just delete him but then that looks bad, wish he never found me.
Especially considering he has my current work colleagues on his friends list that could find me.
We rarely chat or message/comment anyways and this dude just adds anyone and joins anything, over 700 friends.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    he sounds like he's showing off or lonely.

ignore him or you could still leave him as your friend, but quietly make it so he cannot see if you comment on your friends' wall. that's what i did to someone that i do not want as a friend. they can't see any of the photos of me at concerts for example or my wall. or go ahead and delete him. if he contacts you, tell him you are busy.
    i honestly do not know how a person can see stuff on the live news feed that they want to see if they have 700 friends. but since you chatted with him, your recent news feed will show up first. did you know that? fb shows you the status of who they feel you would want to see and i've noticed it is mostly or only people i've emailed or chatted with.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I did not know that, wow.

How do I make it so he cannot see my updates and stuff?

Yeah he spends heaps of time on FB.
    I remember he was always on it at work and is always on it during after work hours.
    If he has a wife surely he can spend time with her?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    I hope that he does not attempt to contact or add my relatives and friends.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    are you as hot as your cousin??? ;)

:lol::lol::lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Depends on your tastes lol
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    your little friend there sounds like an idiot.
    you should send him a message on fb.

dear sir,
    you are a strange fucker.
    my hot cousins all want to beat you up with concrete blocks and oil from the gulf.
    have a great day.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

Depends on your tastes lol

you know, a shallow person would take that as a no. :P 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    hmmmm
    :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    You always choose to mess with my mind and make me think about this time every night.
    Too late for it lol
    edited July 2010
    You always choose to mess with my mind and make me think about this time every night.
    Too late for it lol

perhaps.. but in the end im harmless(in that i dont mean you any harm) and as you said .. just messing with you.. and only cause youre aussie and can handle it.

its never too late. ;):lol:
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    lol
    I did not know that, wow.

How do I make it so he cannot see my updates and stuff?

Yeah he spends heaps of time on FB.
    I remember he was always on it at work and is always on it during after work hours.
    If he has a wife surely he can spend time with her?

play around with your privacy settings. you can specify friends to see things except for and chose his name.
    i don't have fb open now. sorry! it's pretty easy.

he sounds addicted to fb or he's looking for something on the side.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    check your pm
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Just another reason why I don't do facebook. More headache than good.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    You have to ask if it's creepy?

Just delete him as a friend. I work with a woman who's husband is a manager at Starbucks. She told me a bunch of younger kids who work there wanted to add her husband as a friend. I told her just to tell him to ignore them. She said that was rude. I don't understand how this is rude.

The greatest quote I've heard about facebook, "Complaining about privacy on facebook, is like complaining about nudity at an orgy."
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    there really isn't much not creepy about facebook...

the whole thing is designed as a giant free public survey... you think facebook isn't selling all your "interests" to ad agencies? i have a hard time trusting anything that has monopolized the communications world the way facebook has...

not that i'm not on it... :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    edited July 2010
    many of my friends near and far want me to get on facebook.
    i refuse.
    i signed up with myspace a few years ago to satify some friends.
    it sucks and i am not doing it anymore.

email me, write me a letter and mail it to me, call my house, or come over.
    until then, fuck ya'll, i'm done.
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I was encouraged to sign up to facebook while I was in Canada ... as a way to keep in contact,upload pixs etc ... I did it then immediately regretted it ... I was bombarded with requests ... 99% were ignored

I'd have absolutely no issue with quietly deleting anyone who overly bothers me.

I recently deleted a whole load of people who were sending me all sorts of junk,I messaged them asking them not to send me stuff,some of them didn't take on my request so I just deleted them ... the only one who noticed or felt the need to contact me was an auntie who wanted to know if she had offended me ... I just thought how petty ... I replied to her saying that she nor anyone else I deleted had offended me,but they had ignored my request to stop ... I told her I deleted her because I couldn't be bothered with the stuff she continued sending me.

I have no issue being so direct on sites ... it is not like we have to see each other every day

One issue I have is I am finding it really difficult to have my profile completely removed ... there seems to be a few hoops to jump through to be completely removed from f*~kbook :evil:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • I delete friends if they get a higher score than me on bejewelled blitz. :D
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,021
    Creepy? maybe.
    Douchebag? Definately.
    Block his ass
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    this thread is useless without pictures of your cousins! :twisted:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,021
    this thread is useless without pictures of your cousins! :twisted:
    Yeah, no shit!!

Say , you said they were single and hot right? We'll be needing their names too!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    My rule on FB is if I wouldn't stop and talk to someone on the street then I don't want them as a friend. When I first joined up a whole lot of people that I went to high school with sent me friend requests - most of who I was never friends with or even talked to. They were just nosey - wanting to see what I had been doing for the past X years. The main reason I am one there is to share photos with my best friend in Australia and to keep in contact with cousins in the UK. If I see another Farmville fuckin update I think I may just punch the screen!!!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Yes that's creepy. Go ahead and delete him. There are consequences for creepy behavior.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    Yes that's creepy. Go ahead and delete him. There are consequences for creepy behavior.
    this may just be the greatest post i have ever read.
    "Go ahead and delete him." :lol:
    "There are consequences for creepy behavior." :evil:
    very tough.
    very badass.

right now even i am scared and i am nowhere near facebook and comebackgirl.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Soooooo when are we getting links to hot cousins pages. :)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:

fat_chicks_in_bikinis-300x277.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

This thread just went to the hogs
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    81 wrote:

First you post that picture of my feet and now THIS! I am not sure we can be friends any longer :evil:

:lol: