Do people text during sex too?

Comments

• small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    :thumbup: :thumbup: 8-):mrgreen:
    What do you think I looked at all weekend? Move over soccer players! I've got some new inspiration!

:lol:

Well you know how I too love my soccer players ;)8-)
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

However, why does everyone find it impossible to sit in a train, bus, or car and leave their fucking PHONE ALONE!!!!! Why? Why is it so fucking hard just to look outside like everyone used to for years and years and years? No, let's all fuck about sending pointless messages to people. Let's become nations of vague, unsocialble zombies who can only communicate with human beings on a tiny fucking screen.
    :

Its not like before cell phones everyone was socializing with the guy sitting next to them on the subway. Now at least we have something to do - its boring on public transportation.

But texting during sex is pretty wild.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    :thumbup: :thumbup: 8-):mrgreen:
    What do you think I looked at all weekend? Move over soccer players! I've got some new inspiration!

:lol:

Well you know how I too love my soccer players ;)8-)
    I had an inkling before...but now I have...the FULL picture, so to speak :oops: :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,521
    not owning a cell phone in 2010 is akin to not having electricity in 1980.
    www.myspace.com
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    not owning a cell phone in 2010 is akin to not having electricity in 1980.
    horse shit.
    you're just jealous because you are tied to yours.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    But you're fine posting on a message board. I was going to ask if you rode a horse to work, but it seems as if you're a selective adopter of communication technologies.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    know1 wrote:
    But you're fine posting on a message board. I was going to ask if you rode a horse to work, but it seems as if you're a selective adopter of communication technologies.
    i like technology fine just dont need it crammed down my throat 24x7.
    it's nonstop and it sucks.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • apples and oranges. If I was posting on a message board where everyone who was posting on it were in the same room, that statement would have validity.

My point is interpersonal communications that disrupt our lives as a face-to-face communicating species. Of course this is partly hypocritical on my part, being that I use a phone at home instead of going to visit a friend in person. I'm just saying it's going to extremes, and people are losing the ability to communicate without something in their hand.
    know1 wrote:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    apples and oranges. If I was posting on a message board where everyone who was posting on it were in the same room, that statement would have validity.

My point is interpersonal communications that disrupt our lives as a face-to-face communicating species. Of course this is partly hypocritical on my part, being that I use a phone at home instead of going to visit a friend in person. I'm just saying it's going to extremes, and people are losing the ability to communicate without something in their hand.
    know1 wrote:

I think you kind of answered my statement there when you mentioned the phone. All I said was using a message board but not a cell phone is selective use and/or condemnation of communication technology.

• well, if you can find someone who posts here while buying a carton of milk, then you win.
    know1 wrote:
    I think you kind of answered my statement there when you mentioned the phone. All I said was using a message board but not a cell phone is selective use and/or condemnation of communication technology.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    well, if you can find someone who posts here while buying a carton of milk, then you win.
    know1 wrote:

i've posted from the train....next time i go grocery shoppping with the woman, if she is buying milk, i'll drop a dime on this thread
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    well, if you can find someone who posts here while buying a carton of milk, then you win.
    know1 wrote:

I surf and post from my phone so I could post here when buying milk if I wanted to. In fact, I use my phone more like a computer than I do a phone and when I'm at home, I've found myself using the phone INSTEAD of the computer oftentimes.

know1 wrote:
    [q

In fact, I use my phone more like a computer than I do a phone and when I'm at home, I've found myself using the phone INSTEAD of the computer oftentimes.

i've started to do that as well. although, sometimes, it's nice to have the full size screen a computer provides, but the phone provides the internet for the computer. the world is quickly changing and becoming more mobile by the day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • and that would be rude, wouldn't it? if the cashier was asking you a question, and you were busy posting here?

in my opinion, yes.
    know1 wrote:
    know1 wrote:

I surf and post from my phone so I could post here when buying milk if I wanted to. In fact, I use my phone more like a computer than I do a phone and when I'm at home, I've found myself using the phone INSTEAD of the computer oftentimes.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    81 wrote:
    know1 wrote:
    [q

In fact, I use my phone more like a computer than I do a phone and when I'm at home, I've found myself using the phone INSTEAD of the computer oftentimes.

i've started to do that as well. although, sometimes, it's nice to have the full size screen a computer provides, but the phone provides the internet for the computer. the world is quickly changing and becoming more mobile by the day.
    No shit. Lets all take screenshots of this thread and look back at it in ten years.
    I held out on getting a phone for years, but am now fully smart-phoned. I thought texting was stupid, kinda still do...but lots of people I know prefer it to other methods of communication, so I've gotten used to it, and like it in some situations...
    Always cracks me up how upset people get about phones. A relative told me he'd throw it in the lake if I didn't get off it last weekend. I put it down and picked up a book and continued to ignore him.
    My fav tho, is my dad telling me I'm addicted to my phone, without looking up from the laptop his nose has been buried in for hours. Same deal on a train/bus...I'd be reading a magazine or book if I weren't on my phone, whats the dif?
  • let's be clear: I'm not some quaker that is against technology. I'm against the isolation we are putting ourselves in by not communicating with the outside world. you see people wandering the streets with their heads down, and that's fine if you're alone, but I see teens all the time in packs all texting other people, not conversing with each other.

I get the convenience factor. Obviously. I just personall nor professionally have the need. Some do. That's fine.

But studies are showing that the kids coming up in the next generation have a severe lacking in social skills, and it's directly linked to the current technology and the abuse of it.

I can't imagine what it will be like when my girls are teens. :shock:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    i don't need it. i was agaist cell phones for the longest time. didn't get one until i was traveling on interviews. barley used it ouside of that. just the call to the woman to see if she needed or wanted anything while i was at the store or getting something for lunch. but with the new high speed smart phones, imo, it can make sense to have one. from navigation/maps, to looking for a good place to eat in an area you don't know, to using as your internet connection. next time i'm at the store, i'll take a picture of milk and post it. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • well if you aren't texting while driving, or while someone's talking to you, then you aren't the issue I'm speaking about. :)
    81 wrote:
    i don't need it. i was agaist cell phones for the longest time. didn't get one until i was traveling on interviews. barley used it ouside of that. just the call to the woman to see if she needed or wanted anything while i was at the store or getting something for lunch. but with the new high speed smart phones, imo, it can make sense to have one. from navigation/maps, to looking for a good place to eat in an area you don't know, to using as your internet connection. next time i'm at the store, i'll take a picture of milk and post it. :mrgreen:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    let's be clear: I'm not some quaker that is against technology. I'm against the isolation we are putting ourselves in by not communicating with the outside world. you see people wandering the streets with their heads down, and that's fine if you're alone, but I see teens all the time in packs all texting other people, not conversing with each other.

I get the convenience factor. Obviously. I just personall nor professionally have the need. Some do. That's fine.

But studies are showing that the kids coming up in the next generation have a severe lacking in social skills, and it's directly linked to the current technology and the abuse of it.

I can't imagine what it will be like when my girls are teens. :shock:
    ya, it's concerning... and I admit that I am on my phone too much, despite the fact that the people who criticize me for it have their own vices, or that I'd likely substitute the phone for some other form of reading material if I didn't have it.
    What's the answer? Maybe someday our schools will have classes to teach people how to look others in the eye and have a conversation, like our attempt to use gym class as our childrens exercise.

(ps - I don't text and drive...or while in a convo...or in bed :? )
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Bunch of amateurs. I still communicate via smoke signals. Bottom line is, I like to hide from people, so I don't want anything connecting me to the outside world. Now, that causes problems sometimes - like late last night when still nobody had heard anything on our safe return from the Tetons, but hey, sometimes you get a little turned around out there in the mountains and don't get out right when you planned...

It's ok, mom, we weren't eaten by a bear.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    well if you aren't texting while driving, or while someone's talking to you, then you aren't the issue I'm speaking about. :)
    81 wrote:

i don't text while driving. i even yell at the gf when she is texting while as a passenger. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    and that would be rude, wouldn't it? if the cashier was asking you a question, and you were busy posting here?

in my opinion, yes.

Yep - but I don't do that.

So that's the real issue - not that the technology is available, but how it's used. Since you seem to be considerate of other people, you could likely get away with obtaining a cell phone and - *gasp* - actually using it to text occasionally.

let's be clear: I'm not some quaker that is against technology. I'm against the isolation we are putting ourselves in by not communicating with the outside world.

I do agree with you here, but it's not as absolute as you might think. For example through texts and also facebook, I end up communicating with far more people than I would if I had to rely on just in person and the phone. There are people I do not mind to text or message or even email (from the phone), but I likely would probably not ever call them. Therefore, to some degree, it's lessened my isolation.

• I know, but I don't need one.
    know1 wrote:
    Yep - but I don't do that.

So that's the real issue - not that the technology is available, but how it's used. Since you seem to be considerate of other people, you could likely get away with obtaining a cell phone and - *gasp* - actually using it to text occasionally.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • but is it really meaningful? I mean, I'm on facebook, and most of the people I'm "friends" with are just people I lost touch with after high school. A buddy put it best to me (who's not on FB): "you lost touch with those people for a reason". And I think he's right. Now I only really use FB for a one-stop-shop for music news.

I can't judge whether your correspondence with people on FB is meaningful or not, that's not my place, but for me, most of my "friends" aren't. So I just deleted most of em. :lol:
    know1 wrote:
    let's be clear: I'm not some quaker that is against technology. I'm against the isolation we are putting ourselves in by not communicating with the outside world.

I do agree with you here, but it's not as absolute as you might think. For example through texts and also facebook, I end up communicating with far more people than I would if I had to rely on just in person and the phone. There are people I do not mind to text or message or even email (from the phone), but I likely would probably not ever call them. Therefore, to some degree, it's lessened my isolation.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    don't forget the ability to stream PJ radio while out and about. currently listening to it at work on the evo. we can't stream on the internet, but the man can't keep me down any more. although the battery man might be able to.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    know1 wrote:

Good point, but atleast i'm in control of the communication, the when and how.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    on the news this a.m. they said ppl are falling into manholes, not paying attention where they are going, while looking at their phone. also bumping into signs.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    iluvcats wrote:
    on the news this a.m. they said ppl are falling into manholes, not paying attention where they are going, while looking at their phone. also bumping into signs.

Unrelated, but i work with a blind lady who actually fell down a manhole, she was hurt in numerous ways and sued and....Lost!!!
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    i post on here with my cell. ...while dining in my favorite mexican restaurant. ...like now. :?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10