Do people text during sex too?

Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I own no mobile commucation technology. Am I the only one? I have no intention of getting one either. I hate cell phones. Whatever happened to "hey man, I called last night but I missed you". Nope, everyone can get in touch with you anyfuckingtime they want. Sorry, but maybe I wanted to AVOID you! :lol:

My wife has one, and I take it with me if I've got the kids with me, just in case of emergencies or whatever.

Everyone I know these days also has either a Blackberry or an iPhone or whateverthehellelse there is out there to keep their heads down while walking/driving/running/eating/etc. I'm getting so sick of talking to someone and in the middle of the conversation all of sudden they are looking down and texting someone or looking at their calendar or whatever. It's flipping rude. These mobile devices are ruining our ability to properly socialize with each other.

I understand however, that some people need these devices for their job, but I would estimate that many of these devices are used more for Facebook updates on the go than they are for scheduling meetings.

Not to mention the rude jackasses that answer their phones while buying something, keeping the clerk and the rest of the line on hold while they chat up their friend.

I'm about as anti-social as they get, and this shit STILL annoys me.

I own an iPod, and I wear it when on the bus. I take my headphones out when I go to the store. And I NEVER put my earbuds in in the middle of a conversation with someone.

And in case you're wondering, I'm 35.
Gimli 1993
Fargo 2003
Winnipeg 2005
Winnipeg 2011
St. Paul 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Evo rules
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    Well you may be kind of right but cell phones are really helpful sometimes... Even if it has nothing to do with job. I have no iPhone and I don't intend to get one, just a simple old-fashioned mobile phone. Once I forgot it and I couldn't get in touch with anybody because they don't sell phone cards anymore.. :o Isn't it strange?
    I am mine!
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I was the last out of anybody I knew that finally got a cell phone, and it is good for emergencies. You can't find pay phones anymore! I also get annoyed by people who are constanlty consumed with their devices though, especially when in the company of others. I always take my ear buds out when I got my iPod on when I have to talk to anyone, hell I even turn it off when I get on the bus just so I can hear the driver say good morning or hi or whatever lol

It is convenient to be able to check email and get a hold of folks, especially when traveling, though there is something to be said for being off the grid in that respect. It's hard to remember a time when people weren't as 'connected' digitally.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited July 2010
    i've had many different cell phones.
    truck drivers and mobile devices are best friends.
    it's nice in those cases.

as of about 2 years ago i have no mobile communicational devices at all.
    i am excited to be alive.
    i am thrilled to be here.

cell phones for traveling today's insane highways is handy.
    stupid kids with iphones and bullshit gadgets should be farted on.

wait... i just called my nephew and left a message on his cell.
    he's probably 12 yrs old.
    nicely done.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX4cGhQW5Ec
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    my mom just bought me a blue tooth because she is convinced it will 'reduce my risk of brain cancer' or something.
    i hate to think i'm one of those ppl now - i never wanted to get a bluetooth - but i guess it has some hands free advantages...

agree with the cellphone at the counter thing - i've been in retail about 5 years and can't stress how annoying this is!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    chadwick wrote:
    stupid kids with iphones and bullshit gadgets should be farted on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX4cGhQW5Ec
    Good idea ! :lol:
    I am mine!
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    I read recently on cnn or somewhere that some younger people think it is ok to actually text during sex...uhm I think they might be doing it wrong :lol:
  • besides the emergency thing, I think they are pretty useless. And one other thing: if I see one douchebag pull out their cell phone tonight during Tool to text their BFF across the arena, with that stupid super bright light annoying me, I'm going to grab it and toss it across the building.

I was at the cottage all weekend. 4 days. no computer. no tv. no nothing. just my wife and kids and the sun.

and friends and booze at night. how ironic that disconnecting helps to reconnect.

shame some people can't let go of their devices, though, almost like they are another appendage. :|
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    for mr. pumpkin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hut3VRL5XRE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPbMpadn9ZA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYHRmbBhKp0
    i guess a person shouldn't interrupt genius with a bullshit phone call.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • are you kidding me???? :shock:

I read recently on cnn or somewhere that some younger people think it is ok to actually text during sex...uhm I think they might be doing it wrong :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I own no mobile commucation technology. Am I the only one? I have no intention of getting one either. I hate cell phones. Whatever happened to "hey man, I called last night but I missed you". Nope, everyone can get in touch with you anyfuckingtime they want. Sorry, but maybe I wanted to AVOID you! :lol:

My wife has one, and I take it with me if I've got the kids with me, just in case of emergencies or whatever.

Everyone I know these days also has either a Blackberry or an iPhone or whateverthehellelse there is out there to keep their heads down while walking/driving/running/eating/etc. I'm getting so sick of talking to someone and in the middle of the conversation all of sudden they are looking down and texting someone or looking at their calendar or whatever. It's flipping rude. These mobile devices are ruining our ability to properly socialize with each other.

I understand however, that some people need these devices for their job, but I would estimate that many of these devices are used more for Facebook updates on the go than they are for scheduling meetings.

Not to mention the rude jackasses that answer their phones while buying something, keeping the clerk and the rest of the line on hold while they chat up their friend.

I own an iPod, and I wear it when on the bus. I take my headphones out when I go to the store. And I NEVER put my earbuds in in the middle of a conversation with someone.

Wow I thought I had maybe posted this thread in my sleep ... until I realised I don't have a wife and I'm not 35 ... you have just beautifully described exactly how I feel about mobile phones and the myriad other devices that people carry around ... Thanks :thumbup: :clap: :wave:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Don't mind me just smart phone posting thru

There are sex apps in the android market.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    are you kidding me???? :shock:

http://scitech.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/06 ... =allsearch

:o
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    its already started... we're all socially retarded... its especially bad for romance... as if the dating scene needs anything to make it worse :x

i HATE talking on the phone... but i'd much rather it than some impersonal text of facebook shit
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    People can be just as jerky on a regular phone. How about when someone calls YOU, then proceed to check their email during the call. My kid was just doing that and I'm like, call me when you actually have something to say and are interested in my response. (And I like my iphone btw, but I don't do a lot of talk calling - its more like a mini pc to me)
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,276

sweet moses! how is this possible? these few who wouldn't mind reading & sending text messages during sex are messed up in the head. sex should be wild, crazy, hot action packed thriller between 2 love one's (or maybe not loved ones), but you know what i mean. how in god's name could you focus your eyes on a portable screen & type while you're moving & shaking? must have some great balance & patience while typing & taking up that bumpy roller coaster ride @ the same time if you are able to hit those buttons & reply all @ once! :shock:
  • I can't believe people actually do this. I'm sorry, but if you are receiving a text during sex and you actually take the time to read it, you are horrible in bed, not to mention disgustingly selfish, and don't deserve to be getting the sex you are getting.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,223

I'm with you on this. I've only had a cell phone for three years and it's a basic T-Mobile phone. I have unlimited texting but that's the only extra I have. The only way I will ever get a blackberry or Iphone is if I get a job that requires it and is paying for it. I turn my phone off a lot of times and probably use the calculator function more than anything on it.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    :lol::lol::lol:
    They should only be texting pictures to their friends. Then I think it's ok :P
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337

Oh HELL no.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

our species is doomed
  • Mobile/cell phones are equally one of the worst and best inventions, although the cons outweigh the pros quite heavily.

Yep, they're handy for keeping in touch, especially for any women travelling alone. Well that's the pros.

However, why does everyone find it impossible to sit in a train, bus, or car and leave their fucking PHONE ALONE!!!!! Why? Why is it so fucking hard just to look outside like everyone used to for years and years and years? No, let's all fuck about sending pointless messages to people. Let's become nations of vague, unsocialble zombies who can only communicate with human beings on a tiny fucking screen.

Mothers - push your stroller/buggy/whatever and enjoy the fact that you have this amazing creation that is your child. No? Oh, okay then - walk very slowly, in the middle of the path (sidewalk) with 99% of your attention on a plastic gadget, oblivious of the fact that people are having to walk around you or move out of the way because you just got a superpoke and can't POSSIBLY wait until you get home to respond.

Drivers - Why set off on your journey and then as soon as you hit 40 mph decide that THAT is the time to let your Mum know you're on your way and "b there B4 2". PHONE BEFORE YOU SET OFF, FOR FUCK'S SAKE! AND USE THE CORRECT ENGLISH LAZY ASS!!! And, no, the correct procedure for a T junction is not look left and then tell Dave that you "LMFAO" at his witty comment. Eyes on the road dickhead, you're behind the wheel of a machine that can kill!!

And as for the fuckers who, the moment they sit down on the bus or train, get their I-pads out and start watching a movie - BIG FUCKING DEAL!! While you were downloading that last night, I was busy gettting laid - how d'ya like them apples, huh?!

I'm done. :evil:
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

+1, never owned one, never will. the message on my ans. machine says "Keith and Amanda, if were not picking up the phone, we don't want to talk to you, leave a message"
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    KO282453 wrote:

+1, never owned one, never will. the message on my ans. machine says "Keith and Amanda, if were not picking up the phone, we don't want to talk to you, leave a message"

yep. no mobile communication here either. when im out and about the last thing i was to be is contactable.
    but then again i dont even own a microwave so.....
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Did you like those I sent? ;):lol::lol:
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153

can we be friends? I don't text, except rarely. I made a thread in this forum after the iphone came out. I put a fake pic of a 1980's cell phone and I said it was my new phone :) There are 2 women at work that pick up their phone and check it while I'm having work related discussions with them. It is rude. We just learned about that in a class. Little hidden signals and body language were covered and were called "microinequities."
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    cracellphonetalking.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    cracellphonetalking.jpg
    this is the greatest road sign ever.

in this photo i would have been the guy in the truck pulling the large box on wheels.
    i did that for around 10 years.
    cell phones up my ass.
    for real, they were.
    the ones that beep like a walkie talkie, those were fun and terrible.

a real driver should be able to use a phone, hands all over it shifting with great throttling skills, texting, voices, traffic in and out, reading/routing through an atlas, maps, pens, paperwork, juggle cigars, pour a cup of coffee out of a thermos into thermos cup lid, dial in a cb channel, dodge moose and elk for ice mountain blizzard points, all while iron butterfly's in gadda da vida is playing at its fullest... with red len covers over interior lights for nighttime redness, it is a thing of beauty.

oh, almost forgot... no sleep.
    you drivers slay me.

i am arrogant and i am still the greatest truck driver in the entire world.
    i am in a truck what richard petty is in a racecar.
    kit and michael knight are a pair of idiots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb6dswG-nKw

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I got rid of my cellphone a year ago and have no regrets.

They say men and women watch t.v. differently, men flick channels because they want to know what else is on. I can't help but think some people in the middle of coitus are wondering what they're missing with their friends and need to check their texts. Shame.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885

Did you like those I sent? ;):lol::lol:
    :thumbup: :thumbup: 8-):mrgreen:
    What do you think I looked at all weekend? Move over soccer players! I've got some new inspiration!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"