Survey for men

__ Posts: 6,651
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
1. Generally speaking, would you seriously date a woman who was much taller than you?

2. Generally speaking, would you seriously date a woman who had a much better education and made much more money than you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• agfyagfy Posts: 133
    why not ?
    " I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    scb wrote:
    1. Generally speaking, would you seriously date a woman who was much taller than you?

2. Generally speaking, would you seriously date a woman who had a much better education and made much more money than you?

Out of the 2 choices I'd rather deal with option 2.

Given my height # 1 I'm pretty limited with that since I'm a shorty :) I've have felt less comfortable in the past dating girls taller than myself.

My girlfriend now has a much better education but we make about the same $$ although her future is much brighter I'd say. I don't have a problem with it though, actually quite happy about it. :mrgreen:
    NERDS!
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Taller, no.

Wealthier & more educated, don't care.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • matabelematabele Posts: 277
    No.

Yes.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    Would say yes to both questions. That stuff is pretty trivial, if you wouldn't date her cause of one of those 2 items, I think you have bigger problems IMO
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Taller chicks is just wrong, just look at Tom Cruise.
    Does not look right.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    scb wrote:

firstly i'd love to answer question 2.
    do you realize how smart some women are?
    genius women are so .. i can't even explain myself, that's how badass they are.
    school, forget about it.
    constant erection.
    my brain runs like a oiled hinge hard as stone.
    algebra and beauty, holy shit i have ass so near me right now my calculator is on fire.
    they make me smarter, they make me daydream they make me stronger.
    they are outstanding and gifted and willing to help.
    i will listen to them 24x7 as they smell like fresh air under an apple tree.
    if she has money i do not care.
    if she is struggling she'll be like me.

so she's 6ft 1 or 2? she's 6' 4''?
    she'd be teaching me how to type in five seconds.
    oddly enough i can type with my stupid tongue.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    scb wrote:

no to both...

my wife would be super pissed if I did
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    scb wrote:

1. Probably not, because I am already 6'3". She would have to be in the WNBA.

2. As long as she is cool, then I have no problem with it.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I won't mind dating if she was taller than me. But most tall women want a tall guy.
    My wife went to college, I didn't. I'm going in the next couple years.
    I'll be back
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    sure and sure.

2 questions though? not much of a survey :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    I'm 6'4'', so no

And yes, I have no problem with her making more.
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    1. Not much taller, for a couple of reasons.

2. Absolutely, I prefer it.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    if i love her, why do either of those things matter?

people need to get over their insecurities
    taller dont care ...

im a house husband wife works in banking...soooooo question 2 is no problem for me

I'm a house husband also! Never known another house husband.
    I'll be back
    norm wrote:

Agree
    I'll be back
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    norm wrote:

That's what i call wisdom!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    yeah, though, i'm 6'1" so it's usually not the case. tall and smart women are sexy!
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    would not do 1... would definitely do 2... have no problem doing the mr. mom thing if it means more time at home to work on my art
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    taller dont care ...

im a house husband wife works in banking...soooooo question 2 is no problem for me

shit so thats why your always in here...lol

how many kids you got
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    scb wrote:

generally speaking, yes to both.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • BlackThirteenBlackThirteen Posts: 423
    edited July 2010
    Yes to both.

I think the real question should be to woman and be "generally speaking would you seriously date a guy significantly shorter than you?"
    Post edited by BlackThirteen on
    taller dont care ...

shit so thats why your always in here...lol

how many kids you got

2 boys 3 &1
    I'll be back
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Height and wealth are not near the top of the list of traits I look for in a woman. Intellect is.
    I'm honestly afraid to talk about my preferred female body type in an scb thread :P
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    1. Not a whole lot taller than me, I don't think. But love is strange thing that makes us do things
    we don't think we would normally do. So who knows...?

2. Almost every woman I meet has a a better education than me, and makes a whole lot more money.
    So it would kill most options if I had a problem with this.

So Yes.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    :lol::lol::lol:

Thank God for the "view your posts" function or I would never have known about this thread. I was kinda wasted last night when I got home. I was just checking my Facebook and realizing that I wrote some stupid stuff on there last night and thinking, "At least I didn't write anything on the PJ board!" :lol:

I'm glad to see so many responses to my survey though. Thanks! :D

I was out last night with a friend who's 6'1" (yes, she played basketball in college) and a physician from Harvard Med. She's recently single, for the first time since becoming a doctor. We were noting how so many docs seem to marry other docs and I think that has a lot to do with other men being intimidated or not liking the kind of reversed power dynamic that can occur when the woman is in the primary breadwinner role. But we were also thinking maybe it has more to do with the security that comes from having career goals and working to achieve them - like maybe guys with no or with failed aspirations would be more likely to be intimidated but guys who have their own sense of (professional) self would more likely be secure even if they had less education and money. Anyway, it's just something we were thinking about.

It's interesting... looks like most people are saying height is generally a problem but education/money is not.
    scb wrote:

Out of the 2 choices I'd rather deal with option 2.

Given my height # 1 I'm pretty limited with that since I'm a shorty :) I've have felt less comfortable in the past dating girls taller than myself.

My girlfriend now has a much better education but we make about the same $$ although her future is much brighter I'd say. I don't have a problem with it though, actually quite happy about it. :mrgreen:

This is interesting to me because I've always felt like short guys might be cooler with taller women than medium-height guys would be, since so many more women are taller than them. But I don't know your height so maybe I'm thinking of guys who are shorter than you are.
    yoke wrote:
    scb wrote:

no to both...

my wife would be super pissed if I did
    :lol::lol:
    Yes to both.

I think the real question should be to woman and be "generally speaking would you seriously date a guy significantly shorter than you?"

I would and I have. I'm 5'8" and most of the guys I've dated have been around 5'7"-5'10" - just because it happened to turn out that way. I've dated two guys who were 5'2" though. A guy's height doesn't matter to me; what matters, though, is his attitude about his height. I don't want to be with a guy with a Napoleon complex or one who is bothered by the fact that I'm taller than him.

I dated this guy for awhile who was an inch or two shorter than me but was in denial until someone pointed it out. After that he'd get all weird if I stood up straighter than usual or wore shoes with any type of heel. We completely missed a New Year's party that year because he kept asking me to change shoes before we went out and there weren't any shoes that matched my outfit that didn't make him feel short. That's just unacceptable.