Options

Say something nice about a fellow board member.

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Bigrfish said:

SD...Where are you...thoughtful is SD

She absolutely is...and then some :)
  • Options
    BigrfishBigrfish Edmonton, AB Canada Posts: 260
    edited October 2016
    Funny how someone you don't even know can offer words that comfort in a time of need.Gives me faith that there are still people on this earth that understand compassion.I hope that I can offer something to someone, some day, that may ease or help with the pain of loss.
    Shout out to all the good people here for offering kind words for folks going through tough times.
    Cheers Hedo
    Dino
    Post edited by Bigrfish on
  • Options
    Bigrfish said:

Funny how someone you don't even know can offer words that comfort in a time of need.Gives me faith that there are still people on this earth that understand compassion.I hope that I can offer something to someone, some day, that may ease or help with the pain of loss.
    Shout out to all the good people here for offering kind words for folks going through tough times.
    Cheers Hedo
    Dino

See, just that alone can make a difference. For those who poo-poo the concept, good energy truly CAN be given and felt through this medium, even before meeting in person - even if that never happens.

The power of words, and the heart behind them, are so underrated.

Cheers back to ya, Dino. My mom loves Dean Martin, always (along with some of his other fans) called him Dino.

And now, I'm remembering when he was at the table next to us years ago at his beloved Italian joint that is no more. And I'm smiling at that memory...the path a virtual stranger's words can take us on.

THAT'S how it works and I am very thankful for it :)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    Pouring a bit of my 40 out for Bad Brains, an awesome dude who was pushed from these boards for speaking his mind. Word up, Nart!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Pouring a bit of my 40 out for Bad Brains, an awesome dude who was pushed from these boards for speaking his mind. Word up, Nart!

You pour one, I'll spark one, that ought to toast him pretty well.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    I would like to say, of all my fellow degenerates, you are an amazing bunch of people, I love you to the moon and back and thank you for my birthday gift!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    rgambs said:

You pour one, I'll spark one, that ought to toast him pretty well.
    Indeed!

Honor Army Rangers is running some giveaways for the World Series and it is generous and bringing smiles to some faces. Well done!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

I miss Nart.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    deadendp said:

I miss Nart.
    Me too
  • Options
    @Halifax2TheMax is one of the nicest people I have had the pleasure to meet from these boards. Spent time with him a number of occasions this year and he is a gem of a human being.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790

@Halifax2TheMax is one of the nicest people I have had the pleasure to meet from these boards. Spent time with him a number of occasions this year and he is a gem of a human being.

Will miss Faxxxi as well. don't drink tequila except when partying with him. He draws out the worst of you in an awesome way. Cheers Faxxxi!
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    I have yet to formally meet the Faxxx in person, but man...love the guy. Beautiful soul.

Much like you boys above me.

(not meant to sound like it sounds)
  • Options

Will miss Faxxxi as well. don't drink tequila except when partying with him. He draws out the worst of you in an awesome way. Cheers Faxxxi!
    I guess I need to text him..
  • Options
    Faxxxi. :frowning: Texting be the way for at least a while. No word to him whether permanent or not.
  • Options
    (keep feeling Faxxxination)

I am so so grateful for my friends here. You are getting me through.

Thank you.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

(keep feeling Faxxxination)

I am so so grateful for my friends here. You are getting me through.

Thank you.

Thankful for you. :kiss:
  • Options
    deadendp said:

I miss Nart.
    Does that asshole even know this is on here? I'll have to let him know, lol. I'll be seeing him tonight @ MSG!

@Hedonist and @deadendp are great people!

@elwayvedder is a great person too. Soooooo many on here to be honest with you!

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

deadendp said:

I miss Nart.
    Does that asshole even know this is on here? I'll have to let him know, lol. I'll be seeing him tonight @ MSG!

@tempo_n_groove Give Nart a hug for me, please. I'll be at the show, but doubt I will see him.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

deadendp said:

I miss Nart.

@tempo_n_groove Give Nart a hug for me, please. I'll be at the show, but doubt I will see him.
    Ahhhhh! I gave away a Halt's Maul pin to someone recently! They loved the story and then the pin to commemorate the event, lol!

I'll give him a hug for you!
  • Options

SD48277 said:

deadendp said:

I miss Nart.

Ahhhhh! I gave away a Halt's Maul pin to someone recently! They loved the story and then the pin to commemorate the event, lol!

And one from me as well!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    @PJ_Soul & @HughFreakingDillon & @scurtis are my favorite Canadian forum members!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

SD48277 said:

deadendp said:

I miss Nart.

Thank you! I may have an extra button to send you. I'll have to dig in the archives.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

@PJ_Soul & @HughFreakingDillon & @scurtis are my favorite Canadian forum members!

:open_mouth:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559

Aw, thanks man! You're pretty swell yourself! :)
    (HFD and scurtis are a couple of my favorite Canadian forum members too)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

deadendp said:

I miss Nart.

Wow, thank you! I can attest to the other two, plus the asshole :)

I hope you guys had a fucking blast.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    I LOVE Who Princess!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

I LOVE Who Princess!

Who doesn't? Only a fool.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    @dankind Has two turn tables and a microphone and a glass of Jefferson in the evening...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    elwayvedder is one of the best!
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options

deadendp said:

I miss Nart.

I thank you! :smile: