After Roskilde...a light in the darkness

vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
edited July 2010 in The Porch
This is extremely touching...The thoughtfulness of this band is inspiring!

http://www.pearljam.com/news/roskilde-t ... t-darkness
be philanthropic
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Thanks for the link
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    wow.
    thanks for posting.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    More peeps need to see this....BUMP! :D
    be philanthropic
  • Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    Thanks for posting.

The part that got me was Birgitta being asked what her son would say about her contact with the band if he was watching from heaven:
    'He would be happy for our contact, and perhaps a little jealous! One day when I sat and talked with Stone, I said "Think if he sits and looks at us now?" It was a very intense moment'
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Very touching!!! Bump
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,675
    Reading about what happened at Travis Scott's Astroworld festival in Houston is bringing back the Roskilde vibes. So terrible for these people and their families. This story is bonkers and seems to be getting worse with new details dropping every few hours.
  • Reading about what happened at Travis Scott's Astroworld festival in Houston is bringing back the Roskilde vibes. So terrible for these people and their families. This story is bonkers and seems to be getting worse with new details dropping every few hours.
    Like continuing to perform while ppl who were unconscious are crowdsurfed to the medical staff
    yep
    I mean, just reading this stuff, its hard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/travisscott/

The fact that it was streamed live on Apple Music too for all to see. Terrible.

• Painful to watch and read. So sad. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• My heart goes out to all those affected, and I double my appreciation of Ed stopping shows at the first sign of trouble.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    edited November 2021
    My heart goes out to all those affected, and I double my appreciation of Ed stopping shows at the first sign of trouble.  
    Agree.  Was at Sea Hear Now when he stopped during Wishlist.  I remember when it happened that even though the song was stopped it was nice that Ed stopped.  His concern was so genuine and you could hear it in his voice.  Last night in Houston is just tragic and  so sad for those families that lost loved ones who were out to just have a fun night.
    Post edited by pjhawks on