Erm... We only went and got ENGAGED!!!

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So, as some of you know (you had the EARLY AM texts! Sorry! :oops: ) audiodave and I got engaged after the Berlin show...

HOLY CRAP!!! :o:o:o:o

It was the most amazing set I could've ever hoped for and the surprise in a bar near our hotel afterward was even more amazing. Yes, he did it all properly, asked my family first, got down on one knee and produced a rock of epic and gorgeous proportions!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I would like to thank everyone who sent well wishes, congratulations and texts at an un-godly time in the morning, just because they were happy to hear our news :D

It's weird to think that just under 3 years ago we were both posting on the old pit and had no idea each other even existed... now we're getting hitched! :D

audiodave - I love you more than I ever thought it was possible to love another human being. You are my life and my world... I can't wait 'til we're husband and wife :mrgreen: xxxxxxxxxx
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :clap::clap:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

i saw people mentioning it in the berlin thread and wondered if it was you two!!

very happy for you guys...hope you'll have a wonderful life together!

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    I am happy for you, my dear. I did try to text but it bounced back to me and said I had the wrong number :oops: :(

I think it just brilliant. You deserve a life time of happiness.

*mwah*
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    That, is a Good Night!!!
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Awwwww that is so awesome! Congratulations to you both! :D
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    Woo Hoo!!!! Congrats Sian and Dave :D I am so happy for you both :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    Congratulations! I wish you both all the best!
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    :clap: Congrats!!! That's awesome!!!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How Exciting!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    That's awesome! Congrats to both of you!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    That is so very romantic, :)
    congratulations! Cheers! to a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Congrats to you both !!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    very cool, congrats to you both!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    I say buy the boot for sure ;)

congrats to the both of u
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    You mean he didn't get on stage and hijack the show to propose to you???

What a tool.

J/k CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That is great news. :D
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Congrats!

I thought about proposing onstage at a gig, but luckily, the fiance' said she wouldn't have wanted that, so I am glad I did it in front of Mickey Mouse at Disneyland!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Congrats!

I thought about proposing onstage at a gig, but luckily, the fiance' said she wouldn't have wanted that, so I am glad I did it in front of Mickey Mouse at Disneyland!

If i could go back it would have been at Disney World in front of the Hippo Cave in Animal kingdom. Well done Sir!!!
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness :) Who knew the message pit would be the next match.com? :P
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    CONGRATS to you both!!!!!

marriage is fun! :thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    That man has got style!!
    if your gonna propose it might as well be in Berlin,after an amazing pearl jam gig 8-)
    me & sue are chuffed to bits for you both :D:D:D:D:D:D

ps,Sian i have lost your addy,can you pm me it again,we want to send a card :oops:
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Again, congratulations to you both. You are a lovely couple.

Who knew the message pit would be the next match.com? :P
    I know at least 4 couples who met on the pit. I'm sure there are many more!
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Sian, it's wonderful news - you are such a sweetheart and I really wish you and Dave all the very best :D
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    ps,Sian i have lost your addy,can you pm me it again,we want to send a card :oops:

PM me too, please. I just cleaned out all of my PMs and I think your addy may have been in one of them :oops: :) Thanks and congrats again :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Congratulations again missy!!!! ... oh and Dave ;)

Apologies for sleeping through the text at the ungodly time in the morning :P

When's the engagement party???? :P ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    MAZEL TOV!!!!!!

I was hoping it was the two of you from Dimitris cryptic and greeklish clues in the Berlin Thread :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Awesome !!! Congrats ! :D:clap: :thumbup:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Pearl Jam - Bringing people together since 1991! :D

Congratulations!!
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • Congrats!!!
    If I understand correctly,... you met via PJ, then travled to a special PJ show, saw an epic set, then got engaged? That's an awesome story.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Congrats!!!
    If I understand correctly,... you met via PJ, then travled to a special PJ show, saw an epic set, then got engaged? That's an awesome story.

This!!!

:clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap:
    Great news, Sian and Audiodave! Warmest congrats to you both. Here's to a lifetime of gems and rhinestones.

Now, let's talk about your PJ-themed wedding... :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • A PJ themed wedding would be epic... but I don't think our families would understand if we had a lottery system for invites, wristbands on entry and people running about shouting "Oh my god, first dance is LUKIN!!" :lol:

Mind you... that could be a plan :think: 8-)

Hehe! Dave has suggested a Rocky Horror themed Hen night... It became a plan very quickly... Chime, Helen, Rita et al... I hope you've cleaned your corsets and ironed your suspenders ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.