4th of July...3 day weekend????

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,472
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So??
What are your plans????

Ill spend one day at the Taste of Chicago, eating like a fucking pig...

Then I will spend one day at Kathys sisters house, grilling and chilling, and watching people trying their best not to blow off their arms, with fireworks.

3rd day I will spend at my mommys house, maybe watching a ball game with dear ole dad.....

What do you have planned???
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Saturday is barbecue down the Jersey shore, and then fireworks show somewhere, and then fireworks at the house we are staying at.

Sunday is more barbecueing, going out fishing on our boat, and then more at-home fireworks. :mrgreen:

Monday is not yet planned ;)

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! 8-)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Sounds like fun Speedy. Hope there are no trips to the hospital that second day.

There are about 15 of us trekking out to the Berkshires Saturday to see James Taylor and Carole King play JT's annual show at Tanglewood. A New England tradition.

Sunday will be filled with beers, grilling and Pearl Jam.

A nice weekend altogether planned.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,472
    Sounds like fun Speedy. Hope there are no trips to the hospital that second day.

There are about 15 of us trekking out to the Berkshires Saturday to see James Taylor and Carole King play JT's annual show at Tanglewood. A New England tradition.

Sunday will be filled with beers, grilling and Pearl Jam.

A nice weekend altogether planned.
    James Taylor and Carol King? I bet that is going to be a KICK ASS little show.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Friday - pool - swimming/sunning then pedicure (and laundry :oops: :lol: )
    Saturday - BBQ
    Sunday - drinking/watch the fireworks
    Monday - swimming/sunning...clean...grieve the end of the weekend and watch Housewives of NJ :mrgreen:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    sat beach

sunday enjoying my brothers new pool and outside tiki bar with a bar b q

mon beach

85 and sunny every day 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Let's see

Friday Night - Out with a couple who I befriended the husband on my commute
    Saturday - Grill and drinkees at our friends house while the kids pool it...
    Sunday - Another BBQ at my college buddies place and the god parents of my kids
    Monday - Party in our town and grilling for friends

I am now tired just thinking about it...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Saturday - BBQ
    Monday - swimming/sunning...clean...grieve the end of the weekend and watch Housewives of NJ :mrgreen:
    WOOO HOOO!!!!!

comebackgirl and her bikini!!!!!!!!

hehehehehehehe
    Saturday - BBQ
    That show is the devil :evil:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Taste of Chicago
    Cubs game
    Biking along Lake Michigan
    Maybe a few sparklers

6 day weekend!
    Nice shirt.
    Saturday - BBQ
    WOOO HOOO!!!!!

hehehehehehehe
    :lol:
    Just bought a new one!

The weather is going to be fantastic! Can't wait. It's rained the past 2 years at some point. Can't wait!

Saturday - BBQ
    You just hate when they rock up on your step and ask to borrow a cup of sugar ;):lol:

Saturday - BBQ
    You just hate when they rock up on your step and ask to borrow a cup of sugar ;):lol:
    Yeah the brunette moron just had a book signing around the corner for us... I wanted to egg her for what she has done to my real estate value :twisted:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    edited June 2010
    Saturday: Getting up early to go way out into the ocean for some fishing. All day event that will end at the Marina bar/restaurant getting shitfaced

Sunday: at my aunts house(they throw a hell of a party) watching world cup, baseball and having a great time

Monday: just relaxing
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
    Saturday - BBQ
    WOOO HOOO!!!!!

hehehehehehehe
    :lol:
    Just bought a new one!

The weather is going to be fantastic! Can't wait. It's rained the past 2 years at some point. Can't wait!
    The yearly ritual of Kathy buying a new bikini, could be the most ridiculous 2-3 days of the summer. hehehehehe

Good lord!!! Just buy a fucking swimsuit and lets move on!!!!! hehehehehehehehe

The yearly ritual of Kathy buying a new bikini, could be the most ridiculous 2-3 days of the summer. hehehehehe

:lol: Well it's a big decision! I just buy online and return what I don't like...quick and easy and can do it while I "work" :D

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i love all the sun gods in here

nothing like being lazy at the beach

fuck all these outdoor activities :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Yeah the brunette moron just had a book signing around the corner for us... I wanted to egg her for what she has done to my real estate value :twisted:
    Invite her to your BBQ...then ATTACK :twisted: :P

:lol: Well it's a big decision! I just buy online and return what I don't like...quick and easy and can do it while I "work" :D
    The summer swimsuit is not as bad as the "Christmas Tree Debacle", we go through every year, but its close....hehehehehe

The summer swimsuit is not as bad as the "Christmas Tree Debacle", we go through every year, but its close....hehehehehe
    Well you have to make sure you pick the right one to fulfill it's Christmas Tree destiny :)
    Sounds like me picking paint colors :roll: :lol:

Well you have to make sure you pick the right one to fulfill it's Christmas Tree destiny :)
    Picking out the Christmas tree takes all of 5 minutes...

Then we spend the next 3-5 hours threatening to shove the Christmas tree up each others ass....hehehehehe

As we tie it to the car( 50-50 chance it falls off on the way home)
    Drag it up the stairs(needles everywhere)
    Try our damndest to get it to actually stand up in the stand( Every year I eventually end up tying it to the wall)

I actually look forward to the Christmas tree debacle....hehehehehehehehehehe
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626

Then we spend the next 3-5 hours threatening to shove the Christmas tree up each others ass....hehehehehe

Try our damndest to get it to actually stand up in the stand( Every year I eventually end up tying it to the wall)

It's posts like these Speedy that make me want to never get married! :lol:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

Then getting to drag the decorations from the attic and argue about which ornament goes where :)

:lol::lol::lol: sounds fun...kind of like trying to put furniture together - if your relationship can survive that...it can survive anything!

It's posts like these Speedy that make me want to never get married! :lol:
    In 3-4 weeks, if everything works out as planned, Kathy and I are moving in to our new home. Over the years Kathy and I have had 3-4 different apartments. Some of our GREATEST moments, are on "moving day". hehehehehehehe

Moments where you truly want to beat the holy hell out of each other!!!! hehehehehehehe

Last week I told Kathy...."When it comes time to move, I will pay the $500, and hire movers"

Kathy responded...."Thank GOD"!!!!!!

Then we looked at each other....And laughed are asses off!!!!!! hehehehehehe

Then getting to drag the decorations from the attic and argue about which ornament goes where :)

:lol::lol::lol: sounds fun...kind of like trying to put furniture together - if your relationship can survive that...it can survive anything!
    It's Christmas in August!

crazy-eddie.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Celebrating the USA with various alcoholic beverages of choice
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Just the usual: watching lots of baseball, probably playing some softball, bbqs and family.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:
    Just the usual: watching lots of baseball, probably playing some softball, bbqs and family.
    My Cubs are 10 games out and it is July 1st....

Which is kind of nice....

Now I dont have to watch one more game this year......

I have tickets for a game in August.....I will end up giving the tickets to my niece......
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Last weekend was our Taste of Tacoma. Ate some good food and had some good beer with some good friends. Always a good time.

4th of July weekend, have Monday off. Will be heading to the Freedom Fair during the day for the air show - then back that evening for live music, beer gardens, fair fare, and fireworks. A 4th of July Tacoma tradition!
  • SarahLouSarahLou Posts: 175
    This will be my first EVER 4th of July on America!

Is it bad i havent made any plans yet?? :?
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    One reason I love this town, see what kind of bands they come up with for the little festivals that they host.
    This friday- none other that Jefferson Starship! Jealous? :D

Saturday- sun, a date, beer, more music
    Sunday- cookout, beer, music, firework-viewing from Make-out Point ;)
    Monday- sun, boat rides, beer, napping
    Tuesday- sun, friends, hiking, golfing, beer