Anxiety...

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So, since about 10 pm last night I've been experiencing pretty intense anxiety...

Couldn't breathe and felt like I was being smothered for hours last night. Even while in bed, in my fairly wide open bedroom I felt extremely claustrophobic due to feeling short of breath. This sucks. I felt it on the trip to work this morning. I feel it now at my desk...I feel like I'm constantly trying to catch my breath and I don't know what to do to stop this. I've felt anxious and have had small bouts of anxiety before, but nothing this severe...

I really don't want to lay awake in bed for hours like I did last night.
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Sounds like you need a self-enema
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    XANAX
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I live through this almost everyday... I have gotten used to it but I know how terrifying and troubling it can be... I have not had a decent nights sleep in years... I wake up and stress for hours...

Sorry this is happening to you...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    are you sure this isn't weather related? breathing is tough right now in many parts of the country. This makes an anxious person more anxious and starts the cycle. just an idea?
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Go for a stroll in grizzly country. Suddenly that anxiety will start to feel normal.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • matabelematabele Posts: 277
    Are you using drugs or alcohol? Physical exercise is always a help.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Masturbation helps as well
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I get the same way. I couldn't sleep last night. The only thing that works for me is downing half a bottle of wine.. If its 3 AM and I'm still up, I grab a bottle and gulp it. It never fails that with in a few minutes I pass out cold.

Reading helps. I started taking fish oil a few months back as a suppliment and that has made it a little more controlable. (Fish oil is good for brain health).

I usually sleep like crap in the summer because of the short nights and higher, muggy temps. I also have a lot on my mind lately.

I have a hard time focusing on just about anything, but the more I practice focusing, the more controlable my anxiety becomes.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    pandora wrote:
    are you sure this isn't weather related? breathing is tough right now in many parts of the country. This makes an anxious person more anxious and starts the cycle. just an idea?
    Interesting idea.. I've always noticed I feel more anxious in the summer. Does it have to do with humidity in the air?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:
    Interesting idea.. I've always noticed I feel more anxious in the summer. Does it have to do with humidity in the air?
    I think that and the ozone levels, they have the rating and warnings for people they mention as sensitive. I think one could be sensitive without knowing it, I mean without obvious symptoms like asthma or other lung troubles or allergies.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dcfaithful wrote:
    So, since about 10 pm last night I've been experiencing pretty intense anxiety...

Couldn't breathe and felt like I was being smothered for hours last night. Even while in bed, in my fairly wide open bedroom I felt extremely claustrophobic due to feeling short of breath. This sucks. I felt it on the trip to work this morning. I feel it now at my desk...I feel like I'm constantly trying to catch my breath and I don't know what to do to stop this. I've felt anxious and have had small bouts of anxiety before, but nothing this severe...

i would suggest sitting under a tree and chilly out.
    smoke a joint if needed.

you need lots of fresh forest air.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

Seriously, i can help. Anything that psychally exhausts you.
    KO282453 wrote:

you can help him out?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I sometimes deal with bouts of anxiety.

I was ready to lose it in the 3 hours leading up to securing Hartford 10c tickets.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    chadwick wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

you can help him out?
    :lol::lol::lol: IT can help. good lord, don't sell youself short, you can do better than me.
  • XANAX

+1
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    matabele wrote:
    Are you using drugs or alcohol? Physical exercise is always a help.

I smoke marijuana and drink beer farily regularly, however I'm planning on stepping away from the smoking as it really does no good for me health-wise, and it makes me more lazy and unproductive. I just need a break from it and a clear head for a while.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    chadwick wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

you can help him out?
    Bahaha!!! Fucking awesome mis-print!

I think the weather def. plays a part in my anxiety and breathing capabilities.
    I saw a dr about it a few summers ago, wanted to put me on a few different things. But, end of summer came and that feeling was gone. But, every spring it returns. Best of luck.
    I would try some natural remedies first and physical exhaustion of some sort... or the wine suggestion- sleep is too important!
    i have had bad anxiety twice in my life.

one time i was filled with anxiety
    when i was wrestling a school of piranha over a panther carcass.

and the other time is when some chic broke my heart.

other than that
    im cool with it.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

i would suggest sitting under a tree and chilly out.
    smoke a joint if needed.

you need lots of fresh forest air.

See, normally I would resort to my herb, but lately it's been having a completely different effect on me lately. It just increases my anxiety. It used to mellow my fast paced mind, but now it just increases it and I feel like I'm about to jump out of my own skin.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    See, normally I would resort to my herb, but lately it's been having a completely different effect on me lately. It just increases my anxiety. It used to mellow my fast paced mind, but now it just increases it and I feel like I'm about to jump out of my own skin.

some strains of weed make me shiver even when not cold.
    it even makes my muscles tighten up.
    to me that is a great sign to relax and write something.
    so if im around people, i leave to go relax and write.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I definitely think I could use more physical activity. But I have no time for it...I think my being is jsut over worked right now.

My job is quite stressful and I keep getting thrown into things that I'm not really willing to accept he responsibility, mainly because I have so much other shit on my mind that I don't want to add to the load.

School is relentless this semester, I only have two classes...but they're demanding as fuck. My design class requires me to sketch compositions and thumbnails in under two days, and study for a quiz, all the while I don't find the time because i have to go to my web design class which is just dangerous when under that frame of mind because I'm learning about HTML and coding right now, which isn't confusing to me...but there is a lot to remember...my teacher squeezes quite a bit into one class.

My finances bother me at the moment...

I feel like I don't have time for my friends, and it is beginning to really kill my spirits as I feel all I do is work, class, homework, get shitty sleep, and do it all over again.

The relationship between my girlfriend and I is still fine, but I think I'm more irritable and am prone to cause an argument a lot easier than I normally would be - I'm usually a very laxed and brush it off kind of guy.

All in all, I'd just like to fast forward life at the moment...every morning I drive to work resenting my job and wishing that I could suit up for a hike/adventure and go spend a couple days in the mountains....with silence, fresh air...and myself.

Ever get that feeling that you're losing touch with yourself? I feel that way. :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    XANAX

Last resort. I refuse medication until the last minute, even tylenol...I'm fucking weird, but I hate putting prescription meds into my body... :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    dcfaithful wrote:
    XANAX

Last resort. I refuse medication until the last minute, even tylenol...I'm fucking weird, but I hate putting prescription meds into my body... :?
    +1 on that.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I definitely think I could use more physical activity. But I have no time for it...I think my being is jsut over worked right now.

My job is quite stressful and I keep getting thrown into things that I'm not really willing to accept he responsibility, mainly because I have so much other shit on my mind that I don't want to add to the load.

School is relentless this semester, I only have two classes...but they're demanding as fuck. My design class requires me to sketch compositions and thumbnails in under two days, and study for a quiz, all the while I don't find the time because i have to go to my web design class which is just dangerous when under that frame of mind because I'm learning about HTML and coding right now, which isn't confusing to me...but there is a lot to remember...my teacher squeezes quite a bit into one class.

I feel like I don't have time for my friends, and it is beginning to really kill my spirits as I feel all I do is work, class, homework, get shitty sleep, and do it all over again.

The relationship between my girlfriend and I is still fine, but I think I'm more irritable and am prone to cause an argument a lot easier than I normally would be - I'm usually a very laxed and brush it off kind of guy.

All in all, I'd just like to fast forward life at the moment...every morning I drive to work resenting my job and wishing that I could suit up for a hike/adventure and go spend a couple days in the mountains....with silence, fresh air...and myself.

Ever get that feeling that you're losing touch with yourself? I feel that way. :?

better get yourself to the trees, rivers and mountains.
    society demands to much from a person.
    at times we demand to much from ourselves.
    fuck making everyone else happy.
    your sanity and happiness comes first.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    dcfaithful wrote:

When are you heading to Burley again? If it is this weekend, stop by the Tetons on the way and find me out there. We'll snare a squirrel and eat it. Good times.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    Seriously, i can help. Anything that psychally exhausts you.[/quote]
    you can help him out?[/quote]
    Bahaha!!! Fucking awesome mis-print!

I think the weather def. plays a part in my anxiety and breathing capabilities.
    I saw a dr about it a few summers ago, wanted to put me on a few different things. But, end of summer came and that feeling was gone. But, every spring it returns. Best of luck.
    I would try some natural remedies first and physical exhaustion of some sort... or the wine suggestion- sleep is too important![/quote]

Oh i think i could help You out ;)
    eyedclaar wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

When are you heading to Burley again? If it is this weekend, stop by the Tetons on the way and find me out there. We'll snare a squirrel and eat it. Good times.

I got back from Burley last night....being there was the first peace I've experience din months, mostly because I just didn't think about any of my life back in Utah...work, school, responsibilities....I found myself living life nto giving a fuck in Burley, ID. I even went to Jackpot, NV and played craps.....but I lost. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    chadwick wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

better get yourself to the trees, rivers and mountains.
    society demands to much from a person.
    at times we demand to much from ourselves.
    fuck making everyone else happy.
    your sanity and happiness comes first.

You have no idea...I'm dying to go spend a night, a week, whatever out in the woods.

Getting really sick of society at the moment and I just want solitude.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    pandora wrote:

Maybe...didn't feel like this last summer though, last summer was happy times for me....very happy times.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL