Alright you Philly guys suck !

No one has tried this beer ?

On a side note a guy at my work sent me this

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=14050
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    I like Brawler a lot. I also like the ESA and the Saison. I drank the Saison all last summer.
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    See my post(the last one) in Perfect Summer Beer....thread.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Wait, PP, I'm confused - you're just hearing about Yards now?
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Never heard of it.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

I know I know

I deserve an ass kicking

I know I know

I deserve an ass kicking

Yeah, but I take you as an avid Citizens Bank Park-goer correct? And Yards has had beer stands there since it opened up.

I know I know

I deserve an ass kicking

Yeah, but I take you as an avid Citizens Bank Park-goer correct? And Yards has had beer stands there since it opened up.

Yeah you're right..I have seen the YARDS tap plenty of times but never knew it was local or tried it

Whats your Ale of choice ?

Never heard of it.

See im not the only one!

:?

Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I like Brawler a lot. I also like the ESA and the Saison. I drank the Saison all last summer.

WTF a Ny'er knows about it but not me !

I'll get my coat..

edited June 2010
    I know I know

I deserve an ass kicking

Yeah you're right..I have seen the YARDS tap plenty of times but never knew it was local or tried it

From Yards or in just in general? Yards I'm not that much a fan of, but a big fan of PBC. LOVE Kensinger, and the Walt Whit is real good. Actually, of the PBC beers are good.

I'm a huge IPA fan - love hoppy beers. Boulder's Mojo Risin Douple IPA is awesome. But the everyday beer is Miller Lite, and Smithwick's is always a goodie.

Philly's local scene on brews is actually pretty sweet. PBC, Yards, Victory, Flying Fish, Dogfish Head, Troegs, River Horse, Yuengling of course. Check out Sly Fox out in Phoenixville - awesome restaurant as well.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    i saw a thing on YARDS in some AAA or airline or AARP :shock: magazine. it looked good but i'm not real picky about beer. ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613

From Yards or in just in general? Yards I'm not that much a fan of, but a big fan of PBC. LOVE Kensinger, and the Walt Whit is real good. Actually, of the PBC beers are good.

I'm a huge IPA fan - love hoppy beers. Boulder's Mojo Risin Douple IPA is awesome. But the everyday beer is Miller Lite, and Smithwick's is always a goodie.

Philly's local scene on brews is actually pretty sweet. PBC, Yards, Victory, Flying Fish, Dogfish Head, Troegs, River Horse, Yuengling of course. Check out Sly Fox out in Phoenixville - awesome restaurant as well.

i think the sly fox is garbage. you like that place? went there once and was totally unimpressed. maybe i should give it a 2nd go....

for me, if its cheap beer--can't go wrong with miller lite. coors lite is for women.

and any wheat ale will work for me otherwise.
    www.myspace.com

i think the sly fox is garbage. you like that place? went there once and was totally unimpressed. maybe i should give it a 2nd go....

for me, if its cheap beer--can't go wrong with miller lite. coors lite is for women.

Are you talking about the beer or the food? I think both are solid. I've been to the one in Phoenixville only once and the food was on point. Maybe you went on a night that the chef was off. I've been to the one in Royersford multiple times, and have never been disappointed - food's always been good.

Jeags, do you go to the Trappe at all?

Are you talking about the beer or the food? I think both are solid. I've been to the one in Phoenixville only once and the food was on point. Maybe you went on a night that the chef was off. I've been to the one in Royersford multiple times, and have never been disappointed - food's always been good.

Jeags, do you go to the Trappe at all?

i've just been to the one in royersford. wasnt a big fan of the food. i don't even remember the beer to be honest. it was just a dinner with the girl and i didnt drink too much.

not a huge trappe fan either. its like 5 minute from me but every time i go i feel like i'm 18 years old with all those underage young bucks though. it's usually where we end up at the tailend of a blackout.

i have heard the food is good there though. never eaten there before.
    www.myspace.com
    not a huge trappe fan either. its like 5 minute from me but every time i go i feel like i'm 18 years old with all those underage young bucks though. it's usually where we end up at the tailend of a blackout.

Ha, that's funny. That's what everyone tells me, but I never see that part of it because I'm usually there for the opposite reason - good food, good prices, deck's pretty nice. Never have gone there for a part of the night out. I guess cause it's too far from me, but we always hit it up on our way to or fro on 422.

Ha, that's funny. That's what everyone tells me, but I never see that part of it because I'm usually there for the opposite reason - good food, good prices, deck's pretty nice. Never have gone there for a part of the night out. I guess cause it's too far from me, but we always hit it up on our way to or fro on 422.

well you are now the 2nd person to hype up their food to me in the last week or so...i might as well hit it up next weekend or something.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    never heard of it, and i've had a shit load of beers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

well you are now the 2nd person to hype up their food to me in the last week or so...i might as well hit it up next weekend or something.

Yeah, it's decent bar food - wings are good, wrangler rib & original rib(whatever it's called) are usually solid, and I'm a huuuuge fan of their sweet potato fries with a side of bbq sauce.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    you philly fuckers crack me up :mrgreen:
    it's like this place is your own personal chat room. :lol:;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    you philly fuckers crack me up :mrgreen:
    it's like this place is your own personal chat room. :lol:;)

We're glad we make good entertainment! :mrgreen:

Yeah, it's decent bar food - wings are good, wrangler rib & original rib(whatever it's called) are usually solid, and I'm a huuuuge fan of their sweet potato fries with a side of bbq sauce.

you ever been to davinci's by any chance? its about a mile and a half east of the trappe on main st (ridge) towards collegevile. the wings there are fantastic. and their cheesesteaks?....quite possibly the best outside of the city. worth checking out if you're in the area.

also...it's that place i was telling you about where the dumb ol' spin doctors show up at once or twice a year :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com

you ever been to davinci's by any chance? its about a mile and a half east of the trappe on main st (ridge) towards collegevile. the wings there are fantastic. and their cheesesteaks?....quite possibly the best outside of the city. worth checking out if you're in the area.

also...it's that place i was telling you about where the dumb ol' spin doctors show up at once or twice a year :lol::lol:

Is that the place that used to be the GAP, and Harpoon Louie's before that? If so, I've been hearing good things but never got the chance to eat there.

Is that the place that used to be the GAP, and Harpoon Louie's before that? If so, I've been hearing good things but never got the chance to eat there.

that would be the place.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I read somewhere that philly and denver are the top 2 producers of microbrews in the US.

Heading to the shore for 4th of july weekend. We are gonna try to hit the Dogfish Head Brewery one of the days.

I prefer porters and stouts, but I will drink pretty much anything. I do agree with miller lite as an everyday beer.

mmmm, beer
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    I read somewhere that philly and denver are the top 2 producers of microbrews in the US.

Heading to the shore for 4th of july weekend. We are gonna try to hit the Dogfish Head Brewery one of the days.

I prefer porters and stouts, but I will drink pretty much anything. I do agree with miller lite as an everyday beer.

mmmm, beer

i'd go with the pacific NW
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

mmmm, beer

It is, but it's Philly and Portland. I actually see a lot of similarities between the two - especially the pretentious hipster doofus douches with their mountain clip of keys attached to their super tight black skinny jeans with some "vintage" shirt they bought at Urban Outfitters with black framed glasses while riding their fixed gear and drinking PBR. Ahhh, I kid, I kid.

Philly and Denver share the notoriety of having the largest beer "festivals" in the US. I say "festival" because philly is a week of events instead of just one day.
    The Fixer wrote:

mmmm, beer

It is, but it's Philly and Portland. I actually see a lot of similarities between the two - especially the pretentious hipster doofus douches with their mountain clip of keys attached to their super tight black skinny jeans with some "vintage" shirt they bought at Urban Outfitters with black framed glasses while riding their fixed gear and drinking PBR. Ahhh, I kid, I kid.

Philly and Denver share the notoriety of having the largest beer "festivals" in the US. I say "festival" because philly is a week of events instead of just one day.

Dead Man Ale is some good shit. Anything I've ever had from Rogue I've loved. Pretty sure that stuff comes from the Portland area (I know it's somewhere in oregon)
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

mmmm, beer

Dead Man Ale is some good shit. Anything I've ever had from Rogue I've loved. Pretty sure that stuff comes from the Portland area (I know it's somewhere in oregon)

Yeah, it does. All I gotta say about Rogue is - CHIPOTLE ALE. DEAR LORD, is that good.
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, it does. All I gotta say about Rogue is - CHIPOTLE ALE. DEAR LORD, is that good.

Speaking of microbrews...you know what sucks about living in PA? buying beer.

Anyone know any decent spots to buy microbrews? If you go to a distributor you have to buy a case. You go to a deli/pizza place, you pay out the ass for a 6 pack. This is one of the the things I hate most about PA...NJ is so much easier