Options

*** Nijmegen Fanviews Here 6/27/10 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,952
edited August 2010 in Given To Fly (live)
June 27, 2010 Nijmegen, Holland, Goffertpark, Rockin' Park Festival

Set List: Do The Evolution, Got Some, Save You, Given To Fly, Animal, Dissident, In My Tree, Even Flow, Just Breathe, Unthought Known, Whipping, Daughter/Blitzkrieg Bop (The Ramones)/It’s Okay (Fred Cole), Jeremy, Rearviewmirror

Encore: Small Town, The Fixer, Life Wasted, Better Man, Keep On Rockin’ In The Free World (Young)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.
Thank you :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    veddermanvedderman Posts: 799
    Only one encore and total of 19 songs?
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Very short festival set after HRC but that's the luck of the draw with schedules and curfews. Would love to hear Whipping and In My Tree. Guys will be very fresh for Berlin on Wednesday. Can't wait!! Hope all had a good/safe time and I'll see loads of you again in a few days time... :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    Seb77Seb77 Amsterdam Posts: 78
    Hi all,

It was great! Great evening, but disappointed about short setlist. Tickets were sold announcing a FULL pearl jam set (even befpre any of the other bands were announced) and I assume everyone agrees this wasn't a full setlist. Mojo concerts pulled a little stunt here....

Berlin coming up!
    Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Philadelphia 4 2009 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Amsterdam 1&2 2012 Arras 2012 Amsterdam 1&2 2014
    Amsterdam 1&2 Pinkpop Berlin 2018
  • Options
    Yeah wtf was going on? I saw them for the fourth time now, and the first three times I saw them the gigs all lasted at least two hours. It also seemed like Eddie wasn't agreeing with the rest of the band at all when they started playing RITFW. Maybe some issues with the organization or something (after all it's Mojo).
    Well, very strange anyhow, totally not Pearl Jam-like to quit after 1,5 hours of playing :s.
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    Perforator wrote:
    Yeah wtf was going on? I saw them for the fourth time now, and the first three times I saw them the gigs all lasted at least two hours. It also seemed like Eddie wasn't agreeing with the rest of the band at all when they started playing RITFW. Maybe some issues with the organization or something (after all it's Mojo).
    Well, very strange anyhow, totally not Pearl Jam-like to quit after 1,5 hours of playing :s.

It was announced, at least, yesterday that they will play 1.5 hour, from 9pm to 10.30pm. I remember seeing the timetable. How comes that everyone is surprised?
  • Options
    pumpkinheadpumpkinhead Posts: 570
    Stop your bitching. Great show. Where you even there?
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    reign40reign40 Posts: 25
    Yeah was a short one but a great setlist

Can't believe they played my absolute fave...Dissident...sweet as

Jeremy and Rocking in the freeworld were nuts!!
    I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    just got back from the festival,and im in a friend house..was a great place with very good crowd,people was trying not to push and boder other fans..was great,and all was organize..band was great,fast songs,i got in my tree for the first time..im so happy for it..
    we knew before about the time that will be 1.5 hours..ed was pissed when they start to play keep on rockin
    but who cares!!stop bitching!! .we saw the best band in the world again,,4th time in the row for me..and.....
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=130415&hilit=lbc&start=210
    Berlin....is coming..and ed said....We’re ten thousand points of lights :o ....during the keep on rockin
    he fuckin knows....... ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    TeddyledbetterTeddyledbetter Seattle, WA Posts: 474
    Excellent energy! Was 2nd row in front of Mike & Jeff. Everyone around me scored Mike picks. Funny moment during a Mike extened jam he tried spitting backwards over his head and it landed on his shouder LOL Gave him a thumbs up and he pointed at me and said you saw that laughing! Very short set the crowd stayed and didn't move until securty shooed us away. In my tree was played for the guys in the trees? Eddie said in Dutch great to play under such a beautiful sky. It was bright and very hot! Security was cool and they gave us water all day. Plastic money tokens sucked! Did I mention Mike melted my face? Cheers- see you in Berlin!
  • Options
    TeddyledbetterTeddyledbetter Seattle, WA Posts: 474
    Forgot Ed did come out and played Under Pressure with Ben Haper... That was very cool!
  • Options

Off course I was there. Why else would I bother to reply in the fanviews thread? How can you say it's a grat show when you probably weren't there yourself, mister pumpkinhead from Florida? It's not my intention to bitch since it WAS a great show (it's PJ duh), but it's by far the least PJ show I ever went to. It just seemed weird to kick in RITFW so early, and Eddie looked like he wanted to play longer but the rest didn't follow.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    i like to imagine i had something, little, to do with it's ok... "MY 50TH SHOW & IT'S OK" read my sign the other night in Hyde park moments before i was slaughtered in the front :)
  • Options
    gecko wrote:
    Perforator wrote:

It was announced, at least, yesterday that they will play 1.5 hour, from 9pm to 10.30pm. I remember seeing the timetable. How comes that everyone is surprised?

That's not true, the website read that the whole program would continue until eleven. So they had about half an hour more....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Perforator wrote:
    gecko wrote:
    Perforator wrote:

That's not true, the website read that the whole program would continue until eleven. So they had about half an hour more....
    it was in the entrance..9-10:30...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    OMG THEY PLAYED ITS OK
    I TRIED ALL 4 IN PHILLY NEWARK HARTFORD AND BOTH MSG I HAD MY SIGN AND THEY PLAYING NOW WTF!!!!
    WAS IT THE WHOLE SONG???? DOES ANYONE KNOW ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

SCOTT
    10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
    4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
    7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
    10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
    6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
    10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
    5/21/10 9/7/11
  • Options
    Perforator wrote:
    gecko wrote:
    Perforator wrote:

I feel sorry that I haven't put the timetable up yesterday when I saw it. I remember thinking it is odd that there is one hour between Ben and Pear Jam, and than just 1.5 hour left for the band to play. The website that you read was, obviosly, not updated. Was it organiser's website or what?
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    i like to imagine i had something, little, to do with it's ok... "MY 50TH SHOW & IT'S OK" read my sign the other night in Hyde park moments before i was slaughtered in the front :)

They played it's ok?
  • Options
    gecko wrote:
    einatshaul wrote:

They played it's ok?
    yup, they finally did... but i was 10,000 miles away and couldn't be part of it... oh well, my friends were!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I'm just heading to bed! The set may have been short but I didn't feel disappointed leaving. There was no messin' about- straight into a rockin' set. The crowd around us were quiet, but with good people around that doesn't matter. In My Tree was nice, Jeremy was a good edition. I think the crowd knew more of the newer stuff oddly. Seemed strange leaving with there still some light out. Good times!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    gecko wrote:
    einatshaul wrote:

They played it's ok?
    yup, they finally did... but i was 10,000 miles away and couldn't be part of it... oh well, my friends were!

Check with your friends, guys on Red Mosquito are saying it is another ok tag.
  • Options
    haven't heard the ok tag either in so long... that was all i was asking for! :)
  • Options
    RuebRueb Posts: 59
    I just got back and can't help but feel a little disappointed. The band was great and they played In My Tree and Whipping, but the show was too short. They ended so suddenly.

There was definitely a disagreement near the end. After Better Man, Ed went over to Jeff and Mike to discus something. The outcome of the discussion definitely wasn't what Ed wanted (he sighed or something to that effect) and the band delved into Rockin' In The Free World before Ed had even put his guitar away. It seemed to me and everyone around me Ed wanted to keep on playing, as they could've gone on until eleven. When Rockin' did start as the last song, Ed was running around frantically to please the crowd, shake hands etc, but it felt a bit apologetic.

Better was that in the beginning Ed read a note in Dutch ("I can't believe I'm about to do this...") saying how great the weather and the people were. They also called upon the stage one of their crew who celebrated 20 years on the road, or something to that effect.

Ed fucked up the beginning of Small Town, after which he took a big sig of whine saying: "I fucked up. Sometimes more of this makes me do better." Hilarious, but Mike looked quite pissed. He didn't really seem too happy during the show, keeping to himself on stage while the other were jamming together, etc.

Stone got a tambourine in the back of the head thrown at Ed by a roadie. He looked annoyed, but Ed made up for it by stroking his head with the other tambourine.

The sound was great, the weather spectacular, the crowd ok, but the show was waaaaay too short and I've seen the band get along with each other better than tonight.
  • Options
    Rueb wrote:
    I just got back and can't help but feel a little disappointed. The band was great and they played In My Tree and Whipping, but the show was too short. They ended so suddenly.

There was definitely a disagreement near the end. After Better Man, Ed went over to Jeff and Mike to discus something. The outcome of the discussion definitely wasn't what Ed wanted (he sighed or something to that effect) and the band delved into Rockin' In The Free World before Ed had even put his guitar away. It seemed to me and everyone around me Ed wanted to keep on playing, as they could've gone on until eleven. When Rockin' did start as the last song, Ed was running around frantically to please the crowd, shake hands etc, but it felt a bit apologetic.

Better was that in the beginning Ed read a note in Dutch ("I can't believe I'm about to do this...") saying how great the weather and the people were. They also called upon the stage one of their crew who celebrated 20 years on the road, or something to that effect.

Ed fucked up the beginning of Small Town, after which he took a big sig of whine saying: "I fucked up. Sometimes more of this makes me do better." Hilarious, but Mike looked quite pissed. He didn't really seem too happy during the show, keeping to himself on stage while the other were jamming together, etc.

Stone got a tambourine in the back of the head thrown at Ed by a roadie. He looked annoyed, but Ed made up for it by stroking his head with the other tambourine.

The sound was great, the weather spectacular, the crowd ok, but the show was waaaaay too short and I've seen the band get along with each other better than tonight.

It seems that this whole day is the day of misunderstanding. ;) Still, very envious of people who could be there.
  • Options
    SylSyl Posts: 149
    Yeah short but great!
    Love the Park, loved the gig, for the first time EVER I didn't get pushed in second row, how amazing is that!
    Met some dear friends and had a great time! The duet with Ben Harper "Under Pressure" was so great!
    It just was a wonderful evening. I didn't expect anything special, especially after the superb Belfast gig, but it turned out to be a great show.. and... remember.. the guys are always so happy when playing in Holland :lol: That's the place where you can see Stone smiling all the time and really making contact with the public!
    Short but the guys had really great fun, me too!
  • Options
    rb115565rb115565 Posts: 222
    At festivals most bands play to the schedule. Whatever is on the schedule thats what people should expect, So spend the whole day at the festival and see some other bands as well !!!
    5/30/03 9/2/05 9/4/05 9/5/05 7/22/06 7/23/06 9/21/09 9/22/09 9/21/11 9/22/11
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Rueb wrote:

I just hope they don't pull an Oasis on us before July 6th. Group hug, boys!
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,786
    I would have paid the fee to see In my tree alone
  • Options
    RR25479RR25479 Posts: 1
    please please please don't go to this festival (?) again!!! :twisted:
    When a great band like Pearl Jam is summoned to stop playing after 1 1/2 hours and the festival organisation promised a full set (they know Pearl Jam, don't you think, and with PJ it's a lot longer most of the time) , it's time to avoid the festival.
    Pearl Jam should be allowed to do their thing, and that is to play a always great setlist and do that as long as THEY want!!
  • Options
    ItsOKayeItsOKaye Posts: 191
    OMG THEY PLAYED ITS OK
    I TRIED ALL 4 IN PHILLY NEWARK HARTFORD AND BOTH MSG I HAD MY SIGN AND THEY PLAYING NOW WTF!!!!
    WAS IT THE WHOLE SONG???? DOES ANYONE KNOW ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

SCOTT

Hey Scott....its this your sign? I found this picture somewhere and I wanted to use it as my avatar. My user name is 'ItsOKaye" (and has been for a couple of years). If it is your picture I hope you dont mind me using it.
    Thanks Kaye
    Im so happy with my righteous self..
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

Wish I was there!...:)