Ok- Today's the day again. In fact, it's going down now...

13»

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Mazel Tov!!!

They grow up really really fast...
    Keep a journal... Jot down the funny stuff...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    pandora wrote:
    Pooh is still around and going strong, I love it, my kids had Pooh theme rooms 25 years ago!
    Your baby is just precious
    Enjoy!

We wanted to have all the Pooh books (the Milne ones- i think there are four or five) for him and we saw them new as a hardcover boxed set for like $60 or $80 and thought that was too expensive.
    Then, we found the same set, in really great condition at a used book store for $22. I was so pumped because you could tell the books hadn't ever been read, as the middles of the spines were all still stiff.
    So I went home and was leafing through them and found that on the front cover of every one of them it says, "Happy 6th Birthday Benjamin, love great-grandmother Ekelstein."
    :lol:
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    milarso wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Pooh is still around and going strong, I love it, my kids had Pooh theme rooms 25 years ago!
    Your baby is just precious
    Enjoy!

We wanted to have all the Pooh books (the Milne ones- i think there are four or five) for him and we saw them new as a hardcover boxed set for like $60 or $80 and thought that was too expensive.
    Then, we found the same set, in really great condition at a used book store for $22. I was so pumped because you could tell the books hadn't ever been read, as the middles of the spines were all still stiff.
    So I went home and was leafing through them and found that on the front cover of every one of them it says, "Happy 6th Birthday Benjamin, love great-grandmother Ekelstein."
    :lol:
    oh no they gave those books up with great grandma's handwriting in there, for shame, they could have handed those down. Well great find for you. I adore the stories and still know the songs," up down touch the ground puts me in the mood up down touch the ground in the mood for food!"
    All the character are just awesome, JB is Eeyore sometimes "thank you for thinking of me" they just live on in our lives and pooh sticks, when your little guy is old enough, you'll have to go play pooh sticks
    You have so many wonderful memories to make :D
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    That is one big baby! Congrats!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    We are all home now!
    In fact, Teigan and I are watching the Tigers' game from our couch while mommy is sleeping!
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Missed this thread because I was away. Congratulations!! He is gorgeous! :D