Which is the best Dvision in MLB?

Fighting HellfishFighting Hellfish Posts: 3,166
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Help settle a debate. Which of the 6 divisions in baseball is the best?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NL West. 2 of the best rotations in baseball (SF,SD), only one out of five teams out of contention (AZ).
    As I write highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me. - George Orwell
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Overall I'm gonna say the NL East, but the condescending douches who rep the AL East will tell you otherwise. Okay, actually it is the AL East.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the joy division. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    AL East. Yankees, Rays, Red Sox, and Blue Jays are in a tight race right now.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    3 of the 4 best records in baseball currently reside in the AL East. Tough to match the Sox, Yanks and Rays. Am I a condescending douche, Jearlpam?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    3 of the 4 best records in baseball currently reside in the AL East. Tough to match the Sox, Yanks and Rays. Am I a condescending douche, Jearlpam?

No. No, you get a pass. Actually I shouldn't be so harsh. What I mean is you douches think the sun rises and sets in the AL East. There, I said it.

No. No, you get a pass. Actually I shouldn't be so harsh. What I mean is you douches think the sun rises and sets in the AL East. There, I said it.

Well, it is true.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful

:lol: Sometimes. Can't deny that. But I will say this, the way the Phils have played the last few seasons, they could absolutely hack it in the AL East.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    NL West. 2 of the best rotations in baseball (SF,SD), only one out of five teams out of contention (AZ).

ha, funny
  • the debate centers around NL east vs. AL east. My friend believes that since Baltimore is so bad, it disqualifies the AL east from the debate. Yet he's quick to point out the interleague record between the 2. The NL east is 11-6, but 9 of those games were against Baltimore. I can see a case for the NL West, and even pointed out that the NL West has a 41-37 record vs. the NL east. I think the NL west will be a fun race to the end, and that there'll be a few teams competing for the Division well into september. My preseason pick to win it was The Giants. That said. I agree that the east is the best, and not just because i'm a Yankee fan. If 3 of the best teams are in the division, possibly the 3 best teams in baseball and one of them won't make the playoffs, I don't see how another division can be the best, even with the lousy orioles in the discussion
    AL East, hands down.

Go Yanks, Go Rays. I hope pedroia, papelturd, youkilis, and the 2 million fake boston fans go home crying every year.

sweet caroline is gay too. it's written and sung by a dude from NY. that shit would never fly in philly

:lol: Sometimes. Can't deny that. But I will say this, the way the Phils have played the last few seasons, they could absolutely hack it in the AL East.

Yeah, sometimes I wish there was a reallignment where the two New York teams, Philly, and Boston were all in the same division. That would be insanity. Would be the biggest congregation of obnoxious asshole fans ever. And I would be proud of that.

But with that said, I like the NL better and always find it funny when people try to compare the two leagues and say how one is more dominant, etc. etc.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    What I mean is you douches think the sun rises and sets in the AL East. There, I said it.
    i agree with this statement

:?

i give the slight edge to nl east but thats only cause the o's suck
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Yep. 3 best records in the bigs makes it kind of easy to me.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    not even a debate ...yanks rays and sux plus toronto

nl east is overrated ...besides phils and maybe braves

marlins suck mets are a mirage
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    AFC South, by far. ;)
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    AL East. No debate.
    The NL West is decent this season, but over the last decade, it has been pretty horrible.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Yeah this really is pretty obvious.

Now the worst is much more of a discussion...

AL Central?
    NL Central?
    AL West?
    NL West?
    Yeah this really is pretty obvious.

Now the worst is much more of a discussion...

AL Central?
    NL Central?
    AL West?
    NL West?

yeah, seriously. Just pick out of a hat. I'd probably vote for the NL Central since there are 6 teams and 5 of them usually suck (sometimes it's all 6). the cards win total is always inflated because they get to play 40-55 games against pittsburgh, houston, and the cubs.
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Surely someone has already suggested it, but there is no debate here....AL East

Seriously, three of the four best records in the league. Just a few days ago no other division leader in the league would've been any better than fourth place. Toronto is solid.
    Baltimore being one of the worst teams ever doesn't count
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Newch91 wrote:

+1 is there really any question.

World Champion New York Yankees.
    KO282453 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Only for 4 more months.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    I would say the AL East slightly. Even if you add the O's in, the AL East has the highest winning percentage as a whole than the other divisions.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    KO282453 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Only for 4 more months.

finish this word "Re...."
    KO282453 wrote:
    Re...tire? As in "After the Yanks lose to the Red Sox this year, Mariano and Posada and Andy Pettite will retire."

KO, you and I could (and have) gone back and forth about this shit. It's gonna be a fun summer.
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    KO282453 wrote:
    Repeat Champs!!! And Red Sox Suck!!! :lol::D
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
    Fall should be intresting, perhaps a freindly wager, have to think of something good.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    not even a debate ...yanks rays and sux plus toronto

nl east is overrated ...besides phils and maybe braves

al east is overrated when you have the o's 24 games back. they that makes the al east pathetic at best. nl east has 5 teams all within 10 games of each other and will be until the end of the season.

yea those mets are sucha mirage that they have the best home record in ALL of baseball and just beat up one of the better teams tonight and will do so tomorrow and sunday :lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

marlins suck mets are a mirage[/quote] al east is overrated when you have the o's 24 games back. they that makes the al east pathetic at best. nl east has 5 teams all within 10 games of each other and will be until the end of the season.

yea those mets are sucha mirage that they have the best home record in ALL of baseball and just beat up one of the better teams tonight and will do so tomorrow and sunday :lol::lol:[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL_AjzQv ... re=related Enjoy
    KO282453 wrote:
    al east is overrated when you have the o's 24 games back. they that makes the al east pathetic at best. nl east has 5 teams all within 10 games of each other and will be until the end of the season.

yea those mets are sucha mirage that they have the best home record in ALL of baseball and just beat up one of the better teams tonight and will do so tomorrow and sunday :lol::lol:[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL_AjzQv ... re=related Enjoy[/quote]

My favorite!