maine

2»

Comments

• kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    jervin007 wrote:
    I'm a Bangor resident, but moving to Portland in the fall for grad school. Born in Maine and love the state. Something about it is very therapeutic for me. Cumberland County Civic Center would be perfect for a show (holds around 9000 I think)

Last time I was in Portland, I thought the same thing about the civic center there... even though it's a smaller venue than what PJ generally plays. You are exactly right, it holds 9000 for concerts... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumberland ... vic_Center

I would love for them to play anywhere in Maine. Where else could they play? I know the Nateva festival is happening this weekend - but that's too far up in the woods for just one concert. There's gotta be somewhere, right? Or maybe 9000 is perfect if they also play the 20,000 seater in Mansfield, MA.
  • DedicationDedication Posts: 11
    Concord, NH here. My aunt and cousin live in Bangor,Maine. It would def. be nice to see the guys in Maine. I also agree that nothern new england is about due for a visit next time around. There is the Verizon Wireless Arena right in Manchester, NH. Thats a pretty central location for Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont jamily members. I'm sure some Canadians would make the trip down as well.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    If your ever in south portland i have to recommend going to Ri Ra's, and getting the Ri Ra burger, it has a slice of irish bacon on it, My God. Also order a Geary's beer, awesome local brew.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    KO282453 wrote:
    If your ever in south portland i have to recommend going to Ri Ra's, and getting the Ri Ra burger, it has a slice of irish bacon on it, My God. Also order a Geary's beer, awesome local brew.

And if you are heading north you have to stop at dysarts truck stop. Real close to Bangor off 95 and kick ass breakfast all day!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    jervin007 wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

And if you are heading north you have to stop at dysarts truck stop. Real close to Bangor off 95 and kick ass breakfast all day!
    Dysart's FTW! I used to go there all the time as a kid. Oh, and I'm from 3 hours northeast of Bangor- Saint John, New Brunswick, CANADA! Maine is probably my secret affair, I mean I do live in Canada after all! :lol:
  • P-JamP-Jam Posts: 807
    awilkins wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

Dysart's FTW! I used to go there all the time as a kid. Oh, and I'm from 3 hours northeast of Bangor- Saint John, New Brunswick, CANADA! Maine is probably my secret affair, I mean I do live in Canada after all! :lol:
    I will have to try both!
  • Black10Black10 Posts: 160
    Gorham, Maine here!!!

It would definitely kick ass if PJ could make it back to Maine. As far as the Civic Center goes, I saw Alice in Chains there in April. The sound in that place was surprisingly good. The concert kicked ass. The beer/distribution of beer situation on the otherhand was absolutely brutal. There was only ONE beer line for the entire venue. I waited about 45 minutes to get ONE beer (they wouldn't allow two) and then after the first song was over the beer was ALREADY kicked.

So unless the Civic Center gets there shit together I wouldn't want PJ to play there. I would love to see them play outdoors somewhere. Maybe the ballpark in OOB..
  • RVM MFCRVM MFC Posts: 50
    Wicasset Raceway is having Oxxfest 2010 there in July. Sevendust, Shindown and some other bands. I guess it's an all day festival. Not sure how many people it holds. Maybe PJ could headline next year, they could just do a grunge festival instead of metal. 8-)
  • LCLC Posts: 278
    Grew up in Oxford Hills, went to college in Waterville, now living the dream in Manch-vegas, NH.

Northern New England needs more PJ!
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    went from Blackwoods to the top of Cadillac Mtn. last summer...good times in Acadia!
    I love to turn you on
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    Right on the border in Ossipee NH. Went to school at Unity College. love Maine and would love to see PJ there!! But where? Not really a good place I think we should all push for a show in fenway!
    ~JzP
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,110
    I will be in Portland for work on 7/21-7/23. If PJ wishes to play Maine on 7/21 or 7/22, I am down for it!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    jervin007 wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

Hmmm i'll have to look it up. 2 more days!!!
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    I'm up here now and loving it. While on the topic of Maine, much love to Bull Moose Music, a great record store chain anywhere, but especially for a tiny state like Maine.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    bangor??

i hardly know her!!!

did someone already say that? ;)
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    I just went to Oxford for the nateva festival. It was pretty sweet and chances are it'll happen again! It'd be a great spot/fest for PJ to play. For schedules and all the stars to be alined might take a miracle, but hey it's an idea!!!
    ~JzP
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    jaboodey wrote:
    Seacoast, NH in the house and I tend to post requests for PJ to hit up the ol' Stone Church in Newmarket, NH....although a beach show would be friggin' fantastic!

Stone Church right around the corner. Phish played there.
  • phungiphungi Posts: 641
    not from Maine, but had to chime in:

Tonight, we rock Portland!
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • jmurray wrote:
    jaboodey wrote:
    Seacoast, NH in the house and I tend to post requests for PJ to hit up the ol' Stone Church in Newmarket, NH....although a beach show would be friggin' fantastic!

Stone Church right around the corner. Phish played there.

Hell yes! Represent! :lol:
    The Stone Church is a great place to see shows...poetry, music, you name it. Also, they make the best grilled cheese I've ever had.
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10