Possibility of Pearl Jam 20th Anniversary show confusion

2»

Comments

• hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    I vote for fan club members only show at The Gorge.

Sounds great but I don't think that the Gorge holds any shows in late October. It's the desert, it would be absolutely freezing at night that time of year!

I just wish that the band or the Ten Club would give us an idea if a 20th anniversary show is even a possibilty or is in the works. I think if August passes by and still no mention of it, it's just not going to happen. The shitty thing is I've passed up at least five concerts I would have liked to have gone to this year in the hopes of this anniversary show happening and having the time and resources to actually go to it. I've already booked the time off work and the wife has given the green light, now we just need an announcement!

I don't think there is anything wrong with speculating about something like this but you have pretty much put your life on hold for something that has like a 5% chance of happening. So you just took off that week in October?
  • hopethatuchoke --- Why judge someone for what they do with their vacation time?
    I vote for fan club members only show at The Gorge.

Sounds great but I don't think that the Gorge holds any shows in late October. It's the desert, it would be absolutely freezing at night that time of year!

I just wish that the band or the Ten Club would give us an idea if a 20th anniversary show is even a possibilty or is in the works. I think if August passes by and still no mention of it, it's just not going to happen. The shitty thing is I've passed up at least five concerts I would have liked to have gone to this year in the hopes of this anniversary show happening and having the time and resources to actually go to it. I've already booked the time off work and the wife has given the green light, now we just need an announcement!

I don't think there is anything wrong with speculating about something like this but you have pretty much put your life on hold for something that has like a 5% chance of happening. So you just took off that week in October?
  • geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    This could be me having no way in hell to make to any anniversary concert at all, but I like the idea of the band being too busy to even think of anniversary. Tour, new EP, weddings, all that. Buzz.
    For that reason, when I was reading of 10c member in cigar shop asking Stone about anniversary, and Stone was: 'Huh?', I liked that. Way cool if you ask me.
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    hopethatuchoke --- Why judge someone for what they do with their vacation time?

Where is there judging? I asked a question.
  • I vote for fan club members only show at The Gorge.

I wouldn't really say I've put my life on hold, I've simply skipped a few shows this year in hopes of seeing Pearl Jam in October and being able to afford to go. Do you really only think that there's a 5% chance of them playing some shows this fall?
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    gecko wrote:
    This could be me having no way in hell to make to any anniversary concert at all, but I like the idea of the band being too busy to even think of anniversary. Tour, new EP, weddings, all that. Buzz.
    For that reason, when I was reading of 10c member in cigar shop asking Stone about anniversary, and Stone was: 'Huh?', I liked that. Way cool if you ask me.

I might try that on my Wife this year. I doubt she would find that cool at all.
  • geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    Easties wrote:
    gecko wrote:

I might try that on my Wife this year. I doubt she would find that cool at all.

:lol:
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    well for what it's worth msg is open that night and so is terminal 5. i doubt pj would play the 20th anny show sandwiched between mmj's 5 night run at terminal 5.

ohhh the pipe dreamer that i am

:lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Of course, in all your innocence, you asked a question without judgment - my most abject apologies to you ... Peace.
    hopethatuchoke --- Why judge someone for what they do with their vacation time?

Where is there judging? I asked a question.
  • Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Posts: 161
    I was lucky enough to attend the 10th anniversary show back in 2000. We were there by luck as we had no idea it was their 10th anniversary. We just wanted to visit Vegas and planned our trip around a PJ concert, which is a vacation strategy my wife and I can agree on. There may have been some kind of announcement though because when we were in line to pick up our fanclub tix a lot of people had balloons and were overly festive. We asked what was going on and got the reply "duh, it's their 10th anniversary show!" PJ definitely knew it was an anniversary show because they mentioned it throughout the night and there were special guests in attendance and on stage. It felt like we were the only ones who didn't know it was their 10th anniversary show so someone must have made an announcement in advance.

I personally think there will be a 20th anniversary show this fall, in October, in Vegas or Seattle, and I plan on being there. Hopefully we're right! And hopefully we get some advanced notice from the club.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    didn't real the whole thread, but somebody asked earlier if other bands played anniversary shows. Phish did their 20th anniversary show at the fleet center in boston, with a mini tour leading up to that show. At setbreak, they showed a video recapping the bands career leading up to that night.
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 479
    I think PJ's 20th anniversary is more concrete than most other bands - i mean how many bands have an actual, specific day where things came together with video footage documenting it? A lot of bands come together over a long period of time (i.e. singer and guitarist go to high school and hang out, plays some small gigs togehter, go through 12 bassists and 15 band names) to the point where they wouldn't even know the true birth of their existence ... that plus they had a 10-year event whether intentionally or not leads me to believe they'll do something
  • PJfiendPJfiend Posts: 13
    I wouldn't really say I've put my life on hold, I've simply skipped a few shows this year in hopes of seeing Pearl Jam in October and being able to afford to go. Do you really only think that there's a 5% chance of them playing some shows this fall?

I am right there with you. I've skipped some shows, saved money and vacation days in hopes of some shows this fall. Very smart of you to request time off in October! :thumbup:
    1998 - Los Angeles
    2000 - San Bernardino
    2001 - Bridge School Benefit (nights 1 & 2)
    2003 - Mountain View, Irvine (nights 1 & 2), San Diego & Las Vegas
    2005 - George
    2006 - Las Vegas, San Diego, Los Angeles (nights 1 & 2), George (night 1) & Honolulu
    2009 - Los Angeles (nights 1 thru 4)
  • TyTy Posts: 1,007
    It's looking less and less likely, huh! I'm in Australia, so I ain't going anyways. But I think they should do something... start the set with the set they played on 22nd Oct 1990, then an encore, then normal show! Let's hope Ed gets married in Australia... he did live in Bondi for about a month once... and they do the show there! (hahaha)
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • I was lucky enough to attend the 10th anniversary show back in 2000. We were there by luck as we had no idea it was their 10th anniversary. We just wanted to visit Vegas and planned our trip around a PJ concert, which is a vacation strategy my wife and I can agree on. There may have been some kind of announcement though because when we were in line to pick up our fanclub tix a lot of people had balloons and were overly festive. We asked what was going on and got the reply "duh, it's their 10th anniversary show!" PJ definitely knew it was an anniversary show because they mentioned it throughout the night and there were special guests in attendance and on stage. It felt like we were the only ones who didn't know it was their 10th anniversary show so someone must have made an announcement in advance.

I personally think there will be a 20th anniversary show this fall, in October, in Vegas or Seattle, and I plan on being there. Hopefully we're right! And hopefully we get some advanced notice from the club.

I am all for a Vegas show since I'm already here!!! :D
    And he who forgets...will be destined to remember...
  • Well we know that the movie is happening and that it will need to have a release. What better way than with a 20th anniversary mini tour that finishes on the actual 20th date. People want to think PJ is this organic non-marketing savvy entity but it is not. While Stone might not be thinking about it, Kelly Curtis and his minions are thinking about it and all teh ways to benefit from it. The reason they have lasted 20 years is the live show. So whether it is the 20th anniversary of Ten or the first show in Seattle things are brewing up in the coffee state.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    fan club only ... single tickets only ... somewhere medium-intimate (10,000 tops) ... ticket distribution random ... dvd release ... every fan club member gets to vote on the songs that will comprise the setlist ... done thru the website with a login like it is for tickets ...