the moving van arrives TOMORROW :eek:

13»

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jeez, what a nightmare! I guess you'll wait another 32 years before moving again. :P ;)
    I will NEVER EVER move again!

on tuesday, I get a call...."we are working very hard to get your truck there by the 1st (thursday)" next day, I get the same call.."we're working really hard balah, blah, blah"...i say "whaddaya mean? thursday is the last day (by contract). my stuff has to be there by thursday...there's no other option. how can you not be able to move a truck 400 miles in six days???? :wtf: :wtf:

well, come to find out, "it happens all the time" :wtf: What???? no! it can't not get here :evil: . "if it doesn't get here do you move me for free?" "no, sir, I believe we pay you $125 per day it's late :shock: " well, that's when i lost it! "sir, I'm not going to argue with you!" "well then, connect me with someone who will!" :lol:

long story short, they got it there thursday. they wanted to go to reno first, but they knew they had a deranged customer :lol: . so, our stuff is buried. they had to empty half the truck to get to it. the very first hand cart i see come off the truck tips over, dumping all three boxes. additional highlights were seeing the refrigerator go downstairs, likewise with a treadmill and of course the baby grand. they had no fucking clue how to put it back together. a hinge got bent and they were badmouthing the vegas guys and i said "lets not big deal the fuck out of this...lets just put it together" so, I whacked the hinge with a hammer and knocked the pin in :shock: . then, I (not them) was re-installing the pedals...there's three rods that hit something underneath...i pull them all out and my wife says "you're keeping track of which is which, right?"...so, of course, I lie :shh: :? :lol:

never a-fucking-gain!!!!!!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    I will NEVER EVER move again!

on tuesday, I get a call...."we are working very hard to get your truck there by the 1st (thursday)" next day, I get the same call.."we're working really hard balah, blah, blah"...i say "whaddaya mean? thursday is the last day (by contract). my stuff has to be there by thursday...there's no other option. how can you not be able to move a truck 400 miles in six days???? :wtf: :wtf:

well, come to find out, "it happens all the time" :wtf: What???? no! it can't not get here :evil: . "if it doesn't get here do you move me for free?" "no, sir, I believe we pay you $125 per day it's late :shock: " well, that's when i lost it! "sir, I'm not going to argue with you!" "well then, connect me with someone who will!" :lol:

long story short, they got it there thursday. they wanted to go to reno first, but they knew they had a deranged customer :lol: . so, our stuff is buried. they had to empty half the truck to get to it. the very first hand cart i see come off the truck tips over, dumping all three boxes. additional highlights were seeing the refrigerator go downstairs, likewise with a treadmill and of course the baby grand. they had no fucking clue how to put it back together. a hinge got bent and they were badmouthing the vegas guys and i said "lets not big deal the fuck out of this...lets just put it together" so, I whacked the hinge with a hammer and knocked the pin in :shock: . then, I (not them) was re-installing the pedals...there's three rods that hit something underneath...i pull them all out and my wife says "you're keeping track of which is which, right?"...so, of course, I lie :shh: :? :lol:

never a-fucking-gain!!!!!!
    :wtf: :wtf: :evil: :evil:

I think you really did hire White Trash Moving & Storage, they just slapped a United sign on the truck. :lolno: :P
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    like i said...
    norm wrote:
    i've never heard of anyone having a flawless experience with movers

when someone i've hired to do a job says

"we are working very hard..."

i know i'm in trouble...if the fucking job was easy i would have done it jackass!!!

well at least everything is there...everything is there, right?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    norm wrote:
    when someone i've hired to do a job says

"we are working very hard..."

i know i'm in trouble...if the fucking job was easy i would have done it jackass!!!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

norm wrote:
    well at least everything is there...everything is there, right?
    the jury is still out on that :?
    they told me they didn't have my motorcycle...........but those crazy movers were just havin' a little fun with me. jerks! :lolno:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16