the moving van arrives TOMORROW :eek:

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    imalive wrote:
    after 32 years in vegas, we're leaving. off to a place with actual seasons....salt lake city....aka shit lake salty :lol: . I'm sure some of you are thinking WTF? :wtf: but IMHO vegas has been going downhill for years. it was pretty cool in 1978 but has turned into a (as one pit memmber eloquently said) "douchefest." anyway, our crap is finally packed and united van lines arrives in the morning. off to a new chapter in our lives. come see me at squatter's or red rock or uinta or fat's or the green pig or a bar named sue or wasatch, etc. yes, you can get a beer in utah! :mrgreen:

And I think I may have been that board member!

Anyway, still love Vegas. I like to indulge. Just gotta deal with all the douches. I try to keep the Fear & Loathing part going.

watch out for small asian men in the trunk of your car

Mother...fookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    imalive wrote:
    after 32 years in vegas, we're leaving. off to a place with actual seasons....salt lake city....aka shit lake salty :lol: . I'm sure some of you are thinking WTF? :wtf: but IMHO vegas has been going downhill for years. it was pretty cool in 1978 but has turned into a (as one pit memmber eloquently said) "douchefest." anyway, our crap is finally packed and united van lines arrives in the morning. off to a new chapter in our lives. come see me at squatter's or red rock or uinta or fat's or the green pig or a bar named sue or wasatch, etc. yes, you can get a beer in utah! :mrgreen:

And I think I may have been that board member!

Anyway, still love Vegas. I like to indulge. Just gotta deal with all the douches. I try to keep the Fear & Loathing part going.

watch out for small asian men in the trunk of your car

Mother...fookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

As of now I am planned to be back out there in May '11. Hopefully trying to swing something before then though. But, until then, I'm counting down like it's tomorrow.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    We'r probably headed to Spring Training in March '11

Been to Vegas twice...I love it out there

Im hoping my cousin's bachelor party ends up going out there
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    We'r probably headed to Spring Training in March '11

Been to Vegas twice...I love it out there

Im hoping my cousin's bachelor party ends up going out there

That's what we're headed out there for - that'll be the 4th one out there. And it's going to be the most ridiculous. I'm convinced someone's going to have sex with someone who is not their wife/girlfriend, and someone's going to need bail money. And at least one of us isn't coming back on the right return flight.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    Good luck with the move. Hope you enjoy your new home :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    now I see why those phillies/flyers/eagles/etc. threads run into so many pages.....philly guys can start a side conversation at any time :lol::lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    now I see why those phillies/flyers/eagles/etc. threads run into so many pages.....philly guys can start a side conversation at any time :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, it's all connected somehow. :mrgreen:
    so.....i get a call this morning...."we are still looking for a driver for your truck".....long pause :wtf:

but they swear they'll be here between 12 and 2. OK....as long as it happens, i'm OK with that.

now, i get another call....our delivery window is june 28, 29, 30, july 1....they ask "would july 3rd be OK?" again.... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

looking like there might be some stress today. :cry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    tell them to drop the truck off and you'll drive it yourself. i'm assuming this move isn't cheap...tell them to knock 25% off the bill if they can't keep to the agreed upon dates and times.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    Good luck,
    safe travels,
    go Jazz!
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    I plan on looking him up and down...............

:o
    you're such an ass :shifty:

How could I miss this thread...and I've been violated in it!

lol

But yes Rob, le tus get together for some drinks and fun with the dogs. Zeke certainly needs to meet someone new.

There is a great dogpark at the corner of 700 East and 1300 South (on the Southeast side of the intersection). Right near Liberty Park. It's called Herman Franks. It's a baseball field with two or three diamonds, but in the back is a nice sized fenced area.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    imalive wrote:
    so.....i get a call this morning...."we are still looking for a driver for your truck".....long pause :wtf:

but they swear they'll be here between 12 and 2. OK....as long as it happens, i'm OK with that.

now, i get another call....our delivery window is june 28, 29, 30, july 1....they ask "would july 3rd be OK?" again.... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Ummm, are they going to give you some kind of discount or something??
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    edited June 2010
    imalive wrote:

Ummm, are they going to give you some kind of discount or something??

Edit: sorry for the duplicate.
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Don't be surprised if I show up to your house red-eyed.....with some Jell-O as a housewarming gift. :twisted: :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:

:eh: :problem: :? :wtf:

Who did you hire, White Trash Moving & Storage?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • iamalive - I'm headed out to SLC in September. Does your new place have room for my kids and I to crash ? 8-)
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Any update???

or did you just drink away your feelers...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

:eh: :problem: :? :wtf:

Who did you hire, White Trash Moving & Storage?

you would think, huh? actually, it was united...."industry leaders with a 35% market share." :roll:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Any update???

OMFG....what a clusterfuck yesterday turned into...about 4-6 hours after we expected them, the "movers" showed up...TWO of them...to move our 10,000 lbs (5 tons) of stuff. the guy asks "howya doin'?"...i tell him i've been better. he says "yeah, me too."...so now i'm thinking "great, we're both pissed off."

so, we tour the house...i show him the two items i am worried about...my wife's baby grand piano (her baby) and a honda cbr600 (my baby)...I ask "can you move these? do you know how?"...the lead guy says "uh......we'll figure something out." What???? :wtf: you'll "figure something out????

now i'm pissed...i call the moving company...get put on hold for the person i talked to earlier and then get the voice mail of someone i've never talked to...i hang up and call back..."oh, she might be away from her desk"...listen $#@^%&!! you better let me talk to a real person right now!!...back on hold...i'm going to let you talk to the vice president...good...on hold...busy signal. arrrgh!!!! call back...now, i'm boiling...i did get to talk to the VP..."here's my personal cell phone #"....great, but a cell # isn't getting my piano moved. :evil:

long story (somewhat) short...some more parolees :lol: did show up and they finally got out of there at 10:00 last night...I sat out back and drank...i didn't want to watch...at one point, i wandered inside and they were working on our $14k piano with a $9.99 made in china socket set. I ended up getting pretty drunk, having not eaten all day. at the end of it all, i had a beer with the original two guys and gave them $20 each...which even tho i thought was pretty cheesy, they were thrilled to get.

now, all we need to do is get the truck to salt lake. i'm sure it is right now sitting somewhere in vegas, baking in the heat. :lolno:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wow. I hope it all works out okay for you guys.

You asked what good the VIP cell # would do? Well, be creative - Maybe that VP has access to PJ that you could leverage in the future :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i've never heard of anyone having a flawless experience with movers...most of the stories sound something like this
    norm wrote:
    i've never heard of anyone having a flawless experience with movers...most of the stories sound something like this
    but in the slick brochure they gave me everyone was happy and smiling! :? :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

they take those pictures after the customers are way past drunk...like you were last night! ;):lol:
    :lol:

should have gotten a uhaul and flown out some 10c members.

heck, i could have handled the cbr move myself. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

the stoners or the drunks? :? :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

stoners for sure.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jeez, what a nightmare! I guess you'll wait another 32 years before moving again. :P ;)

Seems like the only people I've ever known that had halfway decent experiences were the ones who were moving locally and used some small moving company based on recommendations. It's been 20 years since we last moved but I remember we only had a few minor problems. But it was still a monumental pain in the ass. :problem: :x

About your piano, I used to work with not 1 but 2 guys who both owned baby grands and who happened to move within a few months of each other. They had in-depth conversations about who to get to move their pianos. Both of them hired special movers just for the pianos and didn't let anybody else touch them.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

stoners for sure.
    I would've been down, and I'm only 6 hours away.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL

About your piano, I used to work with not 1 but 2 guys who both owned baby grands and who happened to move within a few months of each other. They had in-depth conversations about who to get to move their pianos. Both of them hired special movers just for the pianos and didn't let anybody else touch them.

:shh: :shh: :shh:
    actually, we were going to use the same people who delivered the piano (from 2 hours away) but the moving co. rep assured me "we do it ALL the time.......(with our $9.99 made in china socket sets)" :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Any update???

long story (somewhat) short...some more parolees :lol: did show up and they finally got out of there at 10:00 last night...I sat out back and drank...i didn't want to watch...at one point, i wandered inside and they were working on our $14k piano with a $9.99 made in china socket set. I ended up getting pretty drunk, having not eaten all day. at the end of it all, i had a beer with the original two guys and gave them $20 each...which even tho i thought was pretty cheesy, they were thrilled to get.

now, all we need to do is get the truck to salt lake. i'm sure it is right now sitting somewhere in vegas, baking in the heat. :lolno:

Are you sure they weren't the guys on the corner hanging out by home depot, waiting for someone to give them work??? :shock:

Hopefully they got the truck moving from the heat, never a good thing!!!

I could tell it was a bad day/night after hearing from you!!!

I would have at least used a craftsman socket set....

All kidding aside, i really hope everything gets to SLC in the same condition as it was in your house before the day labors got to it!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

there's a u-haul counter in my shop, i can cut u a deal.
    and don't forget i got a husky who can haul the truck if anything goes wrong! ;)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam