If you're an animal lover... update. ALMOST THERE!!

nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
My wife and I own a place in Turkey and recently we discovered that a local businessman has set up an attraction where people can swim with the dolphins. The pool is too small and by all accounts the dolphins seem distressed. A lot of Brits have protested while out there and some apparently have been arrested trying to turn away clients. We are over there on the 2 July when there is going to be a peaceful protest. If I'm arrested please send me snack bars etc. ;)

There is an online petition that has just been started plus we have sent numerous emails to various government departments. I think they are thoroughly sick of us. Please spend 2 minutes to fill this in and perhaps let animal loving friends know.

We are determined these dolphins will be set free.

Thanks for your time.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/free-t ... z-dolphins
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    thank you nuffingman for helping
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    pandora wrote:
    thank you nuffingman for helping
    Thank you for replying. There have been developments this morning. The guy who owns this hell hole has claimed to the local newspaper it is just a few Brits who are jealous of his success that want it closed. When asked about the 7000+ emails the Ministry of Agriculture had received he said they were all from just 3 computers. His problem is that he has now annoyed us even more. We won't let this go.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    well done, Sir.
    signed...

good for you.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    well done, Sir.
    signed...

good for you.
    You are a top man and I've always liked you. :D
    nuffingman wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    well done, Sir.
    signed...

good for you.
    You are a top man and I've always liked you. :D
    thank you my fine champion.
    you are a class act yourself.
    fuck these turkish dolphin caging pricks.
    i hope they all get struck by lightning or some shit.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    2 minutes of my time to save some dolphins?

oh well... good luck with that :thumbup: ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Petition signed.

Hey nuffingman - get me a series of photos and some text i can use and i'll put a website up online for ya with some nice features. I'll host it for free.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    This is just horrible.... I hope this gets stopped.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    Petition signed.

Hey nuffingman - get me a series of photos and some text i can use and i'll put a website up online for ya with some nice features. I'll host it for free.
    great idea.
    nicely done, Sir.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    definitely ... signed ...

disgusting
    Petition signed.

I'll see what I can get next week. I know when someone tried the other week he was threatened with violence. I'll take a few heavies along. :D
    edited June 2010
    nuffingman wrote:
    Petition signed.

I'll see what I can get next week. I know when someone tried the other week he was threatened with violence. I'll take a few heavies along. :D

Even if you pretend to be a punter at first, taking happy snaps, email them to me and any text you can and I'll get the site up fairly quickly. It'll be hosted in USA so well out of reach of them and subject to US laws.

dolphinsofturkey.com is available
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Signed and dated!

Keep up the great work!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    nuffingman wrote:
    Petition signed.

Even if you pretend to be a punter at first, taking happy snaps, email them to me and any text you can and I'll get the site up fairly quickly. It'll be hosted in USA so well out of reach of them and subject to US laws.
    Thanks a lot. :thumbup: I've emailed asking for any new pics so I'll see if anyone has had any success.
    Theovl316 wrote:
    Signed and dated!

Keep up the great work!!
    Cheers!
    If there is anyone with marine biology qualifications or knows someone who is able to make an official statement/opinion about how this is cruel and distressing to the dolphins and willing to have their opinion posted on the site, this would be valuable.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    If there is anyone with marine biology qualifications or knows someone who is able to make an official statement/opinion about how this is cruel and distressing to the dolphins and willing to have their opinion posted on the site, this would be valuable.

all one has to do is watch "the cove" ... although the conditions are different ... the backstory to why rick o'barry decided to become an activist is very poignant ... (he was the original trainer of flipper from the tv shows) ...

also on another note - another well known trainer and captor of dolphins has now become a full blown activist ... forget his name ...
  • Good Job...Keep fighting the good fight...
    thefixer
  • humankind never ceases to disgust me.

Im with you on this cause. Keep it up!
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
    Thanks to all that have signed, offered help and given info.

Cheers!

Hopefully I'll be able to post some good news soon.
  • signed...
    and good luck on july 2....i'll b hoping your not getting arrested in turkey...that shit would suck!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• autumnautumn Posts: 191
    Signed! Thank you for caring and helping. I will be sending the link to fellow animal loving friends. Good luck with the protest, I'll be thinking about you on July 2nd. Keep us updated.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Signed! Thanks for posting.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Signed. And people think it's wrong of me to want to kill other people. I'll never understand... :D
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Signed and linked to my facebook page. Good luck next Friday!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Signed the petition.
    I really can't stand this sort of thing.

Goes on the hitlist with zoos and aquariums.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    Signed as well. Thanks for all you are doing.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Bump
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Signed. I hope this works out for the dolphins.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi