Friends messing you about

2»

Comments

• Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Hey Face,
    Listen, From reading your initial post, I am A LOT like you. I try to do things for my friends accomadate and
    make them happy etc. It wasn't until lately that I realized...hey I am not getting ANY consideration in return.

I don't do these things to get something in return, However, a thanks a lot? I appreciate you? something.
    Or maybe when I ask of something from them they could sacrifice one of their things to help me out.

Your friends will disappoint you, and you them one way or another. It has nothing to do with you being insecure or over sensative. You are being you. It is your make up. Don't change, for anyone.

You seem like a true generous and caring person...not a lot of us in the world today.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Friends = convenience + circumstance. Take part of the equation away and the friendship drifts away... away... away...

Gone!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • I just got a message back asking why I wasn't out now, and I pretty much layed it all out. Said I was fed up of being taken for granted, I don't have the energy to keep chasing people all the time, and excuses like 'my phone is playing up' are only good for so long - get a new fucking phone! Should be interesting to see how this one goes, this particular person will do anything to avoid confrontation, but I think it is probably about time I got some of this shit off my chest and just live with the consequences - whatever they may be.

Just make sure you take your anger out on the right person...otherwise you may end up being one of them :lol:

And one more thought....you cannot relay feelings, or intent through text messaging....i know its the easy/cool thing to do, but with something like this, you should talk face to face...that way you can see the persons facial reaction to judge whether or not they are being true, or just rolling their eyes at you and telling you what you want to hear...

good luck....and know the Jamily is always here for you :D
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Theovl316 wrote:
    Hey Face,
    Listen, From reading your initial post, I am A LOT like you. I try to do things for my friends accomadate and
    make them happy etc. It wasn't until lately that I realized...hey I am not getting ANY consideration in return.

I don't do these things to get something in return, However, a thanks a lot? I appreciate you? something.
    Or maybe when I ask of something from them they could sacrifice one of their things to help me out.

Your friends will disappoint you, and you them one way or another. It has nothing to do with you being insecure or over sensative. You are being you. It is your make up. Don't change, for anyone.

You seem like a true generous and caring person...not a lot of us in the world today.

Aw, cheers!

Yeah I'm quite a sensitive person so I think it's totally in my personality to want to help others, but I think that's kind of combined with a bit of an unhealthy people pleasing side of me, which I definitely want to work on, because it's kind of making me miserable.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    fife wrote:
    sorry to say this but you do lack confidence. you are assuming that your friend only inviting you so that you can drive him home instead of thinking that your friend wants to hang out with you.

No, to be fair I know it's a bit of both. I'm probably not as passive as I'm coming across, I'm sure I do things that annoy people, so I know I'm not completely innocent.

I just got a message back asking why I wasn't out now, and I pretty much layed it all out. Said I was fed up of being taken for granted, I don't have the energy to keep chasing people all the time, and excuses like 'my phone is playing up' are only good for so long - get a new fucking phone! Should be interesting to see how this one goes, this particular person will do anything to avoid confrontation, but I think it is probably about time I got some of this shit off my chest and just live with the consequences - whatever they may be.

so you did get that phone call back. maybe they are not annoyed as you thought before. don't let people get you that pissed that you begin to yell at them again. I predict that the person says that they had no clue that you felt that way and wish that you would have said so before hand.
    And one more thought....you cannot relay feelings, or intent through text messaging....i know its the easy/cool thing to do, but with something like this, you should talk face to face...that way you can see the persons facial reaction to judge whether or not they are being true, or just rolling their eyes at you and telling you what you want to hear...

good luck....and know the Jamily is always here for you :D

Oh yeah, I know texting isn't the best method, but I've now had too much to drink to drive :D , and I tried phoning but kept getting the answer phone. Definitely gonna speak face to face next time I see people, no more Mr Nice Guy :lol:
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Theovl316 wrote:
    Hey Face,

Aw, cheers!

Yeah I'm quite a sensitive person so I think it's totally in my personality to want to help others, but I think that's kind of combined with a bit of an unhealthy people pleasing side of me, which I definitely want to work on, because it's kind of making me miserable.

Rest assured in the fact that YOU are making people happy. You have done something to change their mood.
    Its ok to help out but also its ok to say no.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    fife wrote:
    so you did get that phone call back. maybe they are not annoyed as you thought before. don't let people get you that pissed that you begin to yell at them again. I predict that the person says that they had no clue that you felt that way and wish that you would have said so before hand.

Just a text reply, and again another long wait for another reply, the silence is deafening!!!
    fife wrote:

Just a text reply, and again another long wait for another reply, the silence is deafening!!!

sorry just read some other post you put up. you are drunk texting. not good, you should know that. nothing good comes from texting while drunk.

just relax, just remember you are getting upset about someone that you don't even want as a friend anyways. Just say right now> FUCK
  • I see people, no more Mr Nice Guy :lol:

Welcome to the dark side :twisted:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

I see people, no more Mr Nice Guy :lol:

Welcome to the dark side :twisted:

I was thinking of christian Slater in Pump up the volume.
    fife wrote:
    sorry just read some other post you put up. you are drunk texting. not good, you should know that. nothing good comes from texting while drunk.

just relax, just remember you are getting upset about someone that you don't even want as a friend anyways. Just say right now> FUCK

Haha, no it's ok, I've had two beers, not drunk, but more than one beer and I won't drive.
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Sometimes some friendships are just too hard. Obviously there are underlying issues that have pushed you to this point whereby you question whether this friendship is worth persuing. I think we all encounter this types of people in our lives, and we have to decide whether or not it is healthy to continue the friendship. How about you just put a little distance between you and the said friend for a while and see how you feel after a few weeks or maybe a couple of months?
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited June 2010
    one time i asked my friend for a hit off this gigantic spliff that he was smoking all to himself.
    he then kneed me in the whatnots.
    i said he was selfish as i cried on the ground.

selfish people upset me.
    i try to avoid deep friendships with pricks.
    wait... i'm the worst prick i know best.
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    chadwick wrote:
    one time i asked my friend for a hit off this gigantic spliff that he was smoking all to himself.
    he then kneed me in the whatnots.
    i said he was selfish as i cried on the ground.

selfish people upset me.
    i try to avoid deep friendships with pricks.
    wait... i'm the worst prick i know best.

I agree with your self-assessment.

:thumbup:
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    Good friends are hard to come by. I mean the ones that don't only reach out to you when they need something. If someone simply just wants to say hi or see what's new or how you're doing from time-to-time, I consider that a good, true friend.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."