how's your fantasy baseball team doing this year?

2»

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    intodeep wrote:
    I'm in first place.
    I wish i could find the thread where i sharked my team and some snarky remarks were made about me having a bad team :D I've been in second all year and just took first place. I play head to head and have only "lost" two times so far.

yeah, but no matter what, you team sucks :mrgreen:

i'm hanging out in 4th after destroying the top team last week. needed it to. was leading, fell to 20+ games back.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    intodeep wrote:
    I'm in first place.
    I wish i could find the thread where i sharked my team and some snarky remarks were made about me having a bad team :D I've been in second all year and just took first place. I play head to head and have only "lost" two times so far.

YOU are the one that talking bad about your team

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=127717&p=2884181&hilit=+team#p2884181

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:
    sounds like you know your team....

Greinke is turning into a short term wonder kid. one big year and done. but then again, he pitchs for the Royals

i think he's a top-tier pitcher ... sort of like a greg maddux ... can throw multiple pitches at any time in the count ... would be an automatic 20-game winner on a good team ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:
    sounds like you know your team....

Greinke is turning into a short term wonder kid. one big year and done. but then again, he pitchs for the Royals

i think he's a top-tier pitcher ... sort of like a greg maddux ... can throw multiple pitches at any time in the count ... would be an automatic 20-game winner on a good team ...

i'm not ready to put him in the top tier catagory. his era doesn't wow. his whip is the same way. they are both a little better than league avearge.

BUT how much of that is because his team sucks behind him and can't make the defensive plays that maybe a better team could.

just looking at his stats this year. he is 20th in whip, but like 50 something in era. without watching a lot of his starts, i would guess he gives up hits in bunchs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:
    i'm not ready to put him in the top tier catagory. his era doesn't wow. his whip is the same way. they are both a little better than league avearge.

BUT how much of that is because his team sucks behind him and can't make the defensive plays that maybe a better team could.

just looking at his stats this year. he is 20th in whip, but like 50 something in era. without watching a lot of his starts, i would guess he gives up hits in bunchs.

i think it's a combination of things ... 1. he's had some shoulder issues and 2. he is pitching late in games when he's tired because their bullpen isn't that good ... and 3. he's given up a lot of hr's this year ... inflating his era but not his whip ...

on a better team - i can only speculate he'd have much better numbers ...
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    fuck me I left Garza on my bench last night

F U C K !!!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    smarchee wrote:

F U C K !!!!

In one of my leagues I started him last night, unfortunately I also started Grienke :oops:

PJ league- 1st in the "Foxy" division
    another private league- 1st
    Public league- 5th and 6th
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    smarchee wrote:

F U C K !!!!
    Wow. That sucks. I've never been bitten like that before in fantasy baseball. Yet.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    81 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    I'm in first place.

YOU are the one that talking bad about your team

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... m#p2884181

:lol:
    :oops: yeh its true i was.

Honestly some of my fears came to life in I was scared about Carlos Lee being old, Pablo Sandavol being a fluke, and Weiters sucking.

But i've had some nice luck balancing those things out with Alex Rios playing out of his mind, the rickie weeks gamble paying off, very solid pitching.

Playing the second place team this week so hoping to put a little distance in my one catogory lead
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Well, I'm playing a bunch of losers on the boards here...

I'm currently in 1st.

Bring it bitches!

"Rival" on Tenclub Baseball.

Bring it! :lol:
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,241
    Hopefully I can get some more wins from Oswalt since he's now a Phillie. I got wins from C.J. Wilson and David Price today.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • moved into first in points scored with a solid 3 week surge. Even with the most points in the league, i'm a paltry 8-8, as I have by fra the most points against. luckily, this league pays out 60% based on points and 40% based on head to head/playoffs. The week before the AS break, I set a new record for most points in a week

In my 5 X 5 roto legue, I spent 2 months in 1st, and am now tied for 5th. I may get a boost with this Capps trade, if Storen gets the closers job, I can trade Billy wagner for a power bat. i'm at the bottom in HR & RBI's, thanks to Granderson, Billy Butler, Jimmy Rollins, Aaron Hill and even Evan longoria. Now If Seattle would just dump aardsma (who I traded a few weeks ago) and install Brandon league as their closer)

In both leagues, I grabbed Domonic Brown, so I really hope he's here to stay. the 5 X 5 roto is a keeper, so I may keep him for 2011