Options

PLEASE Post the WMMR Announcement HERE!

13»

Comments

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Man, that's not "some bands I don't like" -- that's an entire lineup of modern alterna-cock rock. Granted, a band can't pick every band it plays with at a festival, but they have a choice of which festival they play. You wouldn't see Pearl Jam playing with any of those wankers!

That's fine, but it should still not have any bearing on whether or not you like STP's music.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    I hardly think they asked to play with all of those bands. They accepted headlining that festival without knowing who was beneath them on the card.

That's true, but I'm sure before you sign up for that kind of thing, you're going to want to know what the target demographic is! Like I said in my last post, you don't see Pearl Jam playing alterna-cock rock festivals!
  • Options
    That's true, but I'm sure before you sign up for that kind of thing, you're going to want to know what the target demographic is! Like I said in my last post, you don't see Pearl Jam playing alterna-cock rock festivals!

Pearl Jam also has a bigger fan base and has been together throughout. I think STP is playing these big festivals to get themselves a little more widespread again.

I'm pretty sure there will be some solo shows after these festivals. This just to help them create a buzz. Also, playing these radio festivals gets more people hearing about them and excited again.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    That's fine, but it should still not have any bearing on whether or not you like STP's music.

No, it probably shouldn't, but I personally tend to like bands whose ideologies I respect. I'm disappointed to see a band that has made music as good as STP's pandering to that demographic.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Pearl Jam also has a bigger fan base and has been together throughout. I think STP is playing these big festivals to get themselves a little more widespread again.

I'm pretty sure there will be some solo shows after these festivals. This just to help them create a buzz. Also, playing these radio festivals gets more people hearing about them and excited again.

I'm not a big "buzz" person. Do what you do and those who care to listen will listen. Pearl Jam has too much soul to want to be involved in that kind of thing.
  • Options
    No, it probably shouldn't, but I personally tend to like band whose ideologies I respect. I'm disappointed to see a band that has made music as good as STP's pandering to that demographic.

That's ok I guess. But see my above post about why they are probably pandering to that demographic.
  • Options
    I'm not a big "buzz" person. Do what you do and those who care to listen will listen. Pearl Jam has too much soul to want to be involved in that kind of thing.

Like I said, Pearl Jam has always had a bigger audience. It doesn't have to do with soul.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    That's ok I guess. But see my above post about why they are probably pandering to that demographic.

Yep, I totally agree with you on that point. I just think it's a shame STP needs to do that. They've got their dedicated fans--play to those people! I don't respect bands taking this "at all costs" attitude toward becoming HUGE. They could have a little more dignity.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Like I said, Pearl Jam has always had a bigger audience. It doesn't have to do with soul.

For me, it has a LOT to do with soul. It's just a question of personal taste really. :-)
  • Options
    Yep, I totally agree with you on that point. I just think it's a shame STP needs to do that. They've got their dedicated fans--play to those people! I don't respect bands taking this "at all costs" attitude toward becoming HUGE. They could have a little more dignity.

I hear what you're saying. I just personally think, and this is kind of sad, they just don't have enough people who are still interested to generate a tour that sells well without creating a little buzz first.

Believe me I love STP as much or more than Pearl Jam, and I wish they did, but I just don't think they do.