Options

Your Bonnaroo Schedule

LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Here's my plan:

Thursday- arriving late - Zach Galifianakis to Dark Star Orchestra

Friday- Drive-By Truckers to Janeane Garofalo & Mike Birbiglia to Stephen Marley to Les Claypool to The Raconteurs to Willie Nelson to Chris Rock to Metallica to My Morning Jacket/ Super Jam

Saturday- Louis C.K. to Against Me! to B.B. King/ Ben Folds/ Zappa Plays Zappa to Iron & Wine to Jack Johnson to Pearl Jam to Phil Lesh & Friends

Sunday- Jim Norton to Robert Randolph's Revival to Harrybu McCage (Short Set) to O.A.R. to Harrybu McCage to Robert Plant & Allison Krauss/ Derek Trucks/ Death Cab for Cutie to Widespread Panic
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    Your plan doesn't sound too bad at all, but if you arrive late, you'll regret missing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50DbjogXuyc

I had to change seein grand ole party to these guys the first night, after I discovered them yesterday.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    I was going to do this same thread a little closer to Bonnaroo, but I'll play your game instead!

Thursday (arriving a little late also probably)
    Back Door Slam > Zack Galifanakis@10 > Lez Zeppelin/Dark Star Orchestra(not sure yet)

Friday:
    Steel Train > Umphrey's McGee > Les Claypool > Raconteurs > a little of Willie Nelson > Chris Rock > Metallica > My Morning Jacket > end of The Disco Biscuits

Saturday:
    The Wood Brothers > Against Me! > Gorgol Bordello > BB King > sitting thru Jack Johnson just to get close for PJ > PEARL JAM! > Phil and Friends

Sunday:
    Robert Randolph > Yonder Mountain SB > Phil and Friends(acoustic) > Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi > Widespread Panic
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    GangstacroGangstacro Posts: 104
    Highly reccomend checking out Back Door Slam. A lot of guitar experts out there say the lead guy is just a knock off of Stevie Ray Vaughn, but I have seen thema few times, and they are the real deal.
  • Options
    Your plan doesn't sound too bad at all, but if you arrive late, you'll regret missing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50DbjogXuyc

I had to change seein grand ole party to these guys the first night, after I discovered them yesterday.
    Trust me, if it wasn't for having to drive up from WPB on Thursday morning, I'd be there a lot earlier. Thanks for sharing
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    does anyone know the pit situation im still really confused by it...can we wait in the front like at lolla for pj or what?
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    pweafer4 wrote:
    does anyone know the pit situation im still really confused by it...can we wait in the front like at lolla for pj or what?

they apparently clear out the pit after each act at the main stage. but you can wait off to the side after they clear ya out. i wouldn't suggest spending the entire day from the morning until pearl jam at night though -- you'd be missing out on a lotta quality acts. that being said, I have no problem staying there for BB King, Jack Johnson, followed by Pearl Jam. Hopefully I will get decent stage presence bein there a couple acts beforehand. Not lookin for right up front by the railing either. Kanye I am sure will at least take some of the fans away from the main stage being pitted against JJ.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    Anyone know how far "This Tent" is from "What Stage"?

I'm hoping to catch Cat Power then Iron & Wine playing back2back at This Tent then heading over to try and get a good seat for PJ. Or if it turns out you can get in line sooner then I'll likely spend all Saturday waiting for PJ...hope not though, I really want to see some others that day.
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    my bonnaroo schedule
    thursday: get fucked up
    friday: stay fucked up
    saturday: pearl jam
    sunday: detox
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    they apparently clear out the pit after each act at the main stage. but you can wait off to the side after they clear ya out. i wouldn't suggest spending the entire day from the morning until pearl jam at night though -- you'd be missing out on a lotta quality acts. that being said, I have no problem staying there for BB King, Jack Johnson, followed by Pearl Jam. Hopefully I will get decent stage presence bein there a couple acts beforehand. Not lookin for right up front by the railing either. Kanye I am sure will at least take some of the fans away from the main stage being pitted against JJ.

thanks alot thats helpfull...yeah i think i will probably stay at that stage for BB. King and JJ too.
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    pweafer4 wrote:
    thanks alot thats helpfull...yeah i think i will probably stay at that stage for BB. King and JJ too.
    sounds like a plan to me too.
    Guess I'll see how the pit works on Friday before Metallica.

and yes, I want to get up front in Roo! got to say Hi to Mike at least once this tour ;) (since I have no illusion on getting lucky with the lottery the rest of the shows)
  • Options
    gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    There's a lot I want to see and do:

Thursday:
    I plan on bouncing around the stages early. I'll make sure to check out Back Door Slam. Zach Galifianikis will get priority this night. I'll probably wait in line to see him at 10. After that I will watch Lez Zeppelin and Dark Star Orchestra until I'm ready to get some sleep before the more important shows begin later in the weekend.

Friday:
    Parked at What and Which stage all day. Stephen Marley, Les Claypool, The Raconteurs, Willie Nelson, Chris Rock and Metallica. That's a great day of music and smoking some weed during Stephen Marley in the afternoon and Willie Nelson at sunset will be a treat. Late night I'll skip most, if not all, of MMJ (an unpopular opinion, I know) to see the Superjam.

Saturday:
    Start the day off in the comedy tent to see Louis C.K.. Then it's off to Gogol Bordello, some BB King, Iron & Wine, Jack Johnson and Pearl Jam. Late night I'll start at Phil Lesh & Friends, wander over to the The Other Tent to see Lupe Fiasco and Talib Kweli, and wander back to Phil to finish the night.

Sunday:
    Go see a movie in the air-conditioned tent or go watch The Coup and Abagail Washburn & The Sparrow Quartet on the small Sonic Stage, I'm still undecided. I'll see Robert Randolph's Revival and Solomon Burke back-to-back in That Tent before going to What Stage to see Robert Plant and Allison Krauss. After Plant and Krauss, I'll catch the last 45 minutes or so of Death Cab For Cutie and head back to the campground during Widespread Panic to party the last night away.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Thursday: Arrive early in VIP, hopefully by 12 or 1pm
    Vip party
    Bounce from Vampire Weekend, Lez and Dark Star.

Friday: Drive-By, Minus the Bear, Les, Raconteurs, Chris Rock, (Metallica
    maybe a trip back to camp for some relaxing time depending on mood, should be able to hear them fine from my chair), MMJ (1st 1/2 hour) SuperJam.

Saturday: Gogol Bordello, Zappa Plays Zappa, BB, JJ, PJ, The Coup, Phil

Sunday: Rogue Wave, The Coup, Robert Plant, Aimee Mann, Death Cab, Go see Matt....

I know it won't all work out, I have a lot of biggies I want to see. Will fine tune a little closer to game time. Have few others...Cat Power ect.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    My schedule is : Arrive Nashville from Charlotte Friday . Once I make ity to The Roo , I'm planning on:

Drive By Truckers
    Tegan and Sara , splitting Tegan and Sara 1/2 a set each with Stephen Marley
    Les Claypool
    The Raconteurs
    M.I.A. (Leave M.I.A. a bit early)
    Chris Rock
    Metallica
    Super Jam to see who's there
    MMJ.

Saturday

Donavon Frankenreiter
    Little Feat
    Gogol Bordello
    Cat Power (until 5:10)
    B.B. King
    Jack Johnson
    Pearl Jam
    Sigur Ros

Sunday

Rogue Wave
    Broken Social Scene (1/2 hour set)
    Harrybu McCage (1/2 hour set)
    Robert Randolph's Revival (after leaving Harrybu McCage)
    Aimee Mann
    Harrybu McCage (45 min set)
    Robert Plant and Allison Kraus (partial set)
    DCFC (Partial set)
    Widespread Panic (45 minutes)

Last, Even Widerspread Panic as I spend three hours looking for my car. :-O
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I was going to do this same thread a little closer to Bonnaroo, but I'll play your game instead!

Thursday (arriving a little late also probably)
    Back Door Slam > Zack Galifanakis@10 > Lez Zeppelin/Dark Star Orchestra(not sure yet)

Friday:
    Steel Train > Umphrey's McGee > Les Claypool > Raconteurs > a little of Willie Nelson > Chris Rock > Metallica > My Morning Jacket > end of The Disco Biscuits

Saturday:
    The Wood Brothers > Against Me! > Gorgol Bordello > BB King > sitting thru Jack Johnson just to get close for PJ > PEARL JAM! > Phil and Friends

Sunday:
    Robert Randolph > Yonder Mountain SB > Phil and Friends(acoustic) > Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi > Widespread Panic

Mines nearly exactly the same as yours except i will be happy to sit through jack johnson :) and friday umphrey's/mcgee and tegan and sara.
  • Options
    Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    Plant/Krauss vs. DCFC is my major conflict
    the Minions
  • Options
    Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    How does the VIP thing work? Do they get in first? Are we allowed to wait for PJ or do we have to leave?
    the Minions
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    Thursday: get myself situated > Dark Star Orchestra

Friday: acoustic cornmeal > DSO > Stephen Marley > Bela Fleck/ Claypool/ Racontuers > Willie > Chris Rock > Superjam

Saturday: Little Feat > BB King (missing zappa to get close to pj) > JJ/PJ > Phil Lesh

Sunday: Robert Randolph > acoustic Phil > Harrybu > Party out with Dirty Dozen Brass Band.

edit: gotta see Jim Norton at some point too...
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    A note for those who plan to see acts in the comedy tent:

The lines get very long so you will have to get there early for a chance to get in. Therefore you will probably have to miss any acts during the immediately preceding time slot(s) in the schedule.

This, of course, does not apply to Chris Rock because he will be on the What stage.
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    Plant/Krauss vs. DCFC is my major conflict

Huge conflict, im leaning towards dcfc myself
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:

The lines get very long so you will have to get there early for a chance to get in. Therefore you will probably have to miss any acts during the immediately preceding time slot(s) in the schedule.

This, of course, does not apply to Chris Rock because he will be on the What stage.
    how early do you recommend? This year's comedy is really good
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    LukinFan wrote:
    how early do you recommend? This year's comedy is really good
    eh....it was WAYYYY better before Cross bailed.
  • Options
    eh....it was WAYYYY better before Cross bailed.
    I don't know about that. I'm actually listening to Louis CK as I type and he's freakin hilarious

Mike Birbiglia is pretty funny as well. I just DL some of his stuff yesterday- good stuff
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    NeilJam wrote:

Luckily the comedy acts I want to see are on Thursday night and early Saturday afternoon. I won't be missing anything else I want to see while waiting in line.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    gleemonex wrote:
    Luckily the comedy acts I want to see are on Thursday night and early Saturday afternoon. I won't be missing anything else I want to see while waiting in line.
    You can hit them all on Thursday night and Sat afternoon
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    In A perfect world, I'd like to catch all of these bands, but I'm aware that many factors (fatigue, stage positioning) will force me to adjust my schedule

Thursday
    Superdrag,MGMT,Battles,Vampire Weekend

Friday
    Drive By Truckers,Minus The Bear,The Ranconteurs,MIA,Chris Rock,Metallica, MyMorning Jacket, Disco Biscuits(end of set)

Saturday
    Against Me,Gogol Bordello,Mastodon,Ben Folds,Levon Helm,Kayne West, Pearl Jam, Sigur Ros,Chali 2na

Sunday
    Rogue Wave,OAR,Robert Plant/Allison Kraus,Death Cab For Cutie
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Here it goes, although I'll be lucky to hit half of them

Thurs - Back Door Slam/MGMT/Battles/Vampire Weekend/Lez Zepplin/Porter Batiste Stoltz (will try to catch as much as I can on Thurs but will likely only see 3 full sets).

Fri - Drive-By Truckers/Umphrey's McGee/Les Claypool/Willie Nelson/Chris Rock/Metallica/SuperJam (or My Morning Jacket/MSTRKRFT/The Disco Biscuits/New Orleans SuperJam)..too much good shit going on on late Friday night to decide...I'll likely play it by ear

Sat - Ozomatli/Gogol Bordello/B.B. King/Levon Helm/Jack Johnson/PJ/Chromeo/Ghostland Observatory (should be able to hit everything I want on Sat expect part of JJ's set..not a big deal to me though although will see the end of the set in case Ed comes out).

Sun - Rogue Wave/Robert Randolph's Revival (or Harrybu McCage)/Yonder Mountain String Band/Robert Plant/Derek Trucks (skipping Widespread Panic to get driving to SC for PJ the next night).

Should be a fun busy weekend : )
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:

Should be a fun busy weekend : )

:)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    If any of you will be there Friday, you NEED to check out a band by the name of State Radio. Really great music, great lyrics, very political. I've seen em 5 times live, and they put on a fantastic show. I highly recommend them.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Bonnaroo meet up!!

My RV Friday morning 10ish. Cell me at either 678-758-4118 or 678-925-8390. A little pre-party before Drive by Truckers takes the stage at 12:30 on the Which Stage! Ill have plenty of cold beer and most likely some hotdogs and burgers. For those vegans... BYOFood =]. You can even call me Thursday to hang if you want, I should be there around 2-3pm. Most people arent arriving til Friday so we will plan the mass meet-up then.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    LukinFan wrote:
    :)

Hey Lukin, I like your list, but just a heads up - Les will be very popular that weekend, so if you wanna get a decent spot I'd suggest staying after DBT to see Les. I know I'll be at the Which stage from noon til like 6..that's a wicked stage on Friday!