the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Idris said:

RKCNDY said:

"remote control app"?

I think it's to keep tabs on temperature readings. (judging by the pic)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEr8LD7UE3U
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Idris said:

Idris said:

RKCNDY said:

"remote control app"?

I think it's to keep tabs on temperature readings. (judging by the pic)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEr8LD7UE3U
    interesting...I agree that I am turned off by the fact that it is made of plastic, you will still get oil/residue in the mouthpiece, and I can imagine the plastic will absorb the smell, and then it won't be very discreet.

The pen vape I have is metal and glass, so it's super easy to clean. I would probably go for a Pax before this one.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I like my Pax, but the battery life (for me) is just average, also the frequent cleaning that's needed is a major bummer.

(Crafty Vape) Ya the plastic is a bit of a turn off, but the mouth piece and chamber on the volcano is made up of a plastic also and it's been pretty sweet.

I'm contemplating getting the 'Mighty' and perhaps selling my Pax,
  • Options
    How often do you have to clean the Pax?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I vape on the High Setting (mostly), clean every 4-5 sessions, each session being (approx) 3-5 (loaded) ovens. (I guess it also depends how clean you like your devices)

I just checked a couple more reviews

Crafty Vs Pax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSThUnZPu30

and this one. (below)
    Not the greatest review, but it's kinda making me think about getn the crafty not the mighty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAzsoJ0UDVA&list=UUHjFBfBxrBx9TzTM-EwsUCA
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    I use this one... image

Serves me well.

http://www.davincivaporizer.com/ascent-vaporizer-by-davinci-carbon-fiber-bundle/

By the way - for those who aren't too familiar with vaporizing and THC extraction... THC is activated by heat, and is fat soluble. When you smoke, much of the THC is activated, combusted, converted to carbon, and what you end up inhaling is not all of the THC content (because it is now carbon). When you make edibles, the core premise is to dissolve your weed in a heated fat (oil or butter) to extract and trap the THC. When you vaporize, you have more control the heat: since the activation temperature of THC is below combustion temperature, you can simply extract the THC, inhale, and you yourself are the fat which it dissolves in.

The two main advantages of vaporizing:
    -Numerous chemicals tend to have activation temperatures close to combustion temperatures - so if your weed is sprayed, vaporizing or cooking have less of a chance of activating these chemical additives used during the growing or drying phase
    -The THC -> Carbon conversion prior to inhalation means that much of it is converted from something that gets you high, to something that's known to raise your chances of developing cancer. So, you're actually wasting much of the THC you're paying for when you smoke.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I have read many good things about the DaVinci (Vapes), I also love the Carbon look of that model.
    Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    I might just wait to see what else comes on the market. I'd like to use said products before I commit spending so much money on a unit.

Wonder if the shops here have testers...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    RKCNDY said:

I might just wait to see what else comes on the market. I'd like to use said products before I commit spending so much money on a unit.

Wonder if the shops here have testers...

This is a great idea! The one I bought a few months ago has sat in our catchall paraphernalia tin after my trying to use it a few times. It just wouldn't "take". Couldn't get anything out of it.

I'd be willing to invest in a more expensive product if I knew it were consistent.

And benjs, thanks for Vape 101 :D I appreciated it.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

This is a great idea! The one I bought a few months ago has sat in our catchall paraphernalia tin after my trying to use it a few times. It just wouldn't "take". Couldn't get anything out of it.

I'd be willing to invest in a more expensive product if I knew it were consistent.

I bought my first vape because they had some dried herbs (not MJ) for me to try the unit out, so I knew how it worked, I got a feel for it. The other vendors didn't have any testing units, they just flip-flapped the units in their hands really fast, "just open here, pack here, close it up like this, then push this button..." One guy wouldn't even let me hold the thing in my hand, so I walked away while he was giving his schpeel.

I did go to several vape stores, and asked them questions. Then I went on the webby world and found a very useful forum. I still would like to try out the pax, davinci, MLFB, and crafty. then I think I would be able to make an informed decision and be happy with it.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    fuckcombustion.com is a solid forum for some vapor talk,
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The guy at my dispensary (where I bought mine) didn't rush me through the explanation or anything - they're thorough on all fronts, no rushing. Fortunately it was a relatively small price to pay for the lesson learned. Do more research!

Awesome website name, Idris - will check it out.
  • Options
    that is my favorite, I also go to grasscity.com to compare reviews/info

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Idris said:

I like my Pax, but the battery life (for me) is just average, also the frequent cleaning that's needed is a major bummer.

(Crafty Vape) Ya the plastic is a bit of a turn off, but the mouth piece and chamber on the volcano is made up of a plastic also and it's been pretty sweet.

I'm contemplating getting the 'Mighty' and perhaps selling my Pax,

Idris said:

RKCNDY said:

I vape on the High Setting (mostly), clean every 4-5 sessions, each session being (approx) 3-5 (loaded) ovens. (I guess it also depends how clean you like your devices)

I just checked a couple more reviews

Crafty Vs Pax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSThUnZPu30

and this one. (below)
    Not the greatest review, but it's kinda making me think about getn the crafty not the mighty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAzsoJ0UDVA&list=UUHjFBfBxrBx9TzTM-EwsUCA
    Hahahaha...I do an....one oven every 3-4 weeks.
    I love my Pax. I'm a 1-2 puff smoker anymore...just to catch a buzz.
    My Pax sits on my coffee table. Have lots of people over, nobody has ever questioned it. Hehe
  • Options
    BuMpiTy BuMp
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Thank you Idris! I shall commence research!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited January 2015
    Ok. Next time I go to the dispensery, I have some conversation fodder! Thanks guys and gals!