Options

Vapouriser

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i've used a vaporizer a few times.
    i got high.
    we were also using other ways to smoke it at the time.

the vaporizer my buddy has is like some kind of homemade job or something.
    it's kind of a pain in the ass to my notion.

i like smoking it and eating it.
    i feel its help my mind beings i suffer from ADHD/ADD.

like cigarettes, it's not the best for your lungs.
    my lungs and heart are about shot.

all in all, it has been a ball.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    I haven't smoked in years, but I've tried pretty much every form at some point or another.
    Joints are only worth a shit if you're at a concert or limited on what you can carry.
    Vaporizers are MUCH cleaner, and much easier on the lungs, gets you good and happy...but there's just something "missing" to me.
    Eating is great. A nice, long, mellow high. I ate some brownies back in the day that seriously made me high for about 24 hours!! Was fun at first, but it got old quick!
    Bongs (of any kind) will fuck you up really quick...but I hate hacking up a lung in order to get goofy.

I still prefer the glass bowl any day. I know it's not as healthy, but IMO...it's the best way to go.

Oh, I have a buddy who has purchased online before. The only thing he recommends is be sure to use a pre-paid debit/credit card if you can. Put what you want to spend on it, and you shouldn't have to worry about getting ripped off. That said, I don't know who he uses but I know he's been successful.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    edited October 2014

Holy fuck $500, is it worth it?

My buddy has one and it's the best and smoothest thing I've ever used, and it's super easy. There are some cheaper handheld ones that look OK for about $150 but I've never tried them.

I've had my Volcano for about 4 years now (maybe a bit longer), I love it. It's the Ferrari of Vaporizers. Delivers clean smooth puffs each time, it's built solid, (Made In Germany), everyone who's ever come over and used mine now understands why it retails for 539USD.

I've had a few handhelds, the best one being the PaxPloom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZkF_x-iZ0Q

http://www.ploom.com/pax

Gizmodo, Wired Mag and a list of other sites have reviewed it and have also given the Ploom really great reviews.

http://gizmodo.com/5916338/ploom-pax-vaporizer-lightning-review-whoa-baby-where-you-been-all-my-life

http://www.wired.com/reviews/2012/08/ploom-pax/

Can't beat the Volcano for home use, and the Ploom for 'On The Go' (They both are worth the price of entry)
    Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    That Pax looks quite interesting!! ;)
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

It does have a couple downsides, one is that the battery life could be better, the Pax does lose its charge after only a few sessions, So they could imrpove on battery life, also I think a 4th temp setting would be nice to have.
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

It does have a couple downsides, one is that the battery life could be better, the Pax does lose its charge after only a few sessions, So they could imrpove on battery life, also I think a 4th temp setting would be nice to have.
    Does it burn through a lot? I mean, I've heard vaps make you go through a lot of your supply faster than if you smoked it. :?
  • Options
    The Volcano is pretty efficient, I can keep track of my usage well with it. I know that with X amount of herb I'm gonna be able to get X amount of bags from it.

The Pax is just 'draw' and no bag, So it's (for me) harder to control my usage.

All In all, using a Vape 'can' be more (overall) efficient than smoking, I think it depends on the device and the person using it, and of course the quality+texture of the herb.
  • Options
    Just gonna say...
    The Pax is pretty amazing! :thumbup: :D
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,796
    Nah..............

Paper work with no Munbojumbo. :)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    You get high as fuck and it hits you like a ton of bricks after a little while
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Idris wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Does it burn through a lot? I mean, I've heard vaps make you go through a lot of your supply faster than if you smoked it. :?

Kind of...

You can reuse it in baked goods and candy because it doesn't burn. My buddy in Madison makes some really potent chocolate with his vaped dope.
  • Options

Kind of...

You can reuse it in baked goods and candy because it doesn't burn. My buddy in Madison makes some really potent chocolate with his vaped dope.
    So, I've had my Pax now for a week and a half....love it! :D
    As it turns out...the product lasts quite a bit longer than if a flame was used.
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Kind of...

So, I've had my Pax now for a week and a half....love it! :D
    As it turns out...the product lasts quite a bit longer than if a flame was used.
    :thumbup:

Quick Tip,

Just keep that Pax Clean, the Oven area can get pretty blackened and the top mouth piece area tends to stick after some time.

(Now) I clean mine out every 3-5 sessions. Only takes a few mins to clean which is cool.

(A buddy of mine has tons of Vaped Material, we are gonna get around to baking with it one of these days. :D )
  • Options
    Idris wrote:

Quick Tip,

Just keep that Pax Clean, the Oven area can get pretty blackened and the top mouth piece area tends to stick after some time.

(Now) I clean mine out every 3-5 sessions. Only takes a few mins to clean which is cool.

(A buddy of mine has tons of Vaped Material, we are gonna get around to baking with it one of these days. :D )

Yeah, that's what I've heard about the cleaning/maintenance. I have no problem with that. I don't "partake" that often so cleaning it will probably be a monthly activity. They sent a cleaning kit with it. What else do you recommend for cleaning? Just rubbing alcohol and some pipe cleaners kinda thing?
    I'm saving my vaped material too....but the time it adds up to anything substantial, will probably be 5 years from now! :lol:

Oh, what temp setting do you like the best? I've kept mine on medium since I've gotten it. :?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    start out high (temp-not yourself), and when you put the material in, I turn it down to medium tad.

If the temp is too high, it starts tasting like burnt popcorn...the stuff you clean off (oil) can be collected and made into other products.

DISCLAIMER: "I may or may not have experience in these types of apparatuses"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    start out high (temp-not yourself), and when you put the material in, I turn it down to medium tad.

If the temp is too high, it starts tasting like burnt popcorn...the stuff you clean off (oil) can be collected and made into other products.

:lol::lol:

While I don't partake that often, I do like the fact that its sooooooooooooo much better/easier on my lungs. I'm a runner (run at least 5+ miles a day) and smoking isn't even an option anymore. The vap is just like breathing normal, tasty air. :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, that's what I've heard about the cleaning/maintenance. I have no problem with that. I don't "partake" that often so cleaning it will probably be a monthly activity. They sent a cleaning kit with it. What else do you recommend for cleaning? Just rubbing alcohol and some pipe cleaners kinda thing?
    I'm saving my vaped material too....but the time it adds up to anything substantial, will probably be 5 years from now! :lol:

Oh, what temp setting do you like the best? I've kept mine on medium since I've gotten it. :?

Ya just rubbing alcohol and pipe cleaners, we just want to avoid any resin type build up which can happen pretty quickly.
    -

I tend to mostly vape on Red (high) setting, the medium is just a little too low for me. Generally I'd like something above medium and below high, ummm a 'medium/high' setting would be nice. :)

When it get's too hot (On Red/High), I open the bottom lid to cool it down, close it, then take a few puffs. It depends on the type of product of course, very dry? Chewy? etc etc. Sometimes I do medium, then switch to red.

http://fuckcombustion.com/ (That's a Vape Forum, some good tips)
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

When are you coming over? :lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

When are you coming over? :lol:

;):lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Just came across this, :D pretty smart, (He uses 20MM screens)
    -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXc6fbQNjCw

I've yet to try it, I just picked up some screens an hr ago, but could only find 10mm.

This could solve some of my usage issues.
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    -

I've yet to try it, I just picked up some screens an hr ago, but could only find 10mm.

So the idea is that the screen holds together smaller amounts so you can get more out of less? :?
    I've noticed that my Pax works way better when the oven is full.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Idris wrote:
    -

So the idea is that the screen holds together smaller amounts so you can get more out of less? :?
    I've noticed that my Pax works way better when the oven is full.

Ya it works best when full, and it hardly works when the oven is filled low. So this just allows us to keep the ovens packed low with less herb.

For the times we don't wanna pack a full oven, or are low on herb and only have enough to pack a small amount,
  • Options
    Love my Pax!

:D
  • Options
    This months 'High Times' magazine has a handheld vaporizer comparison, (I've yet to read it).
  • Options
    I got an email from Storz & Bickel (The Volcano people), they have just introduced two new portable vapes.

Prices 369-499....Expensive compared to other portables, but I'm betting these are going to be pretty fantastic.
  • Options
    "remote control app"?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    This thread makes me paranoid.
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

"remote control app"?

I think it's to keep tabs on temperature readings. (judging by the pic)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    edited October 2014

Joints don't have tobacco in them, the smoke is harsher from a joint than other forms of smoking.
    thanks for that, I'm in the UK where most people put tobacco in their joints, I dont, but thanks for clearing up what a joint is ;) .
    If you want a Vaporizer get the Volcano and call it a day. The only problem is that it's $500
    Holy fuck $500, is it worth it?

Fucked quoting
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    edited October 2014

....I'm in the UK where most people put tobacco in their joints, I dont, but thanks for clearing up what a joint is ;)

What the fuck? Why do people in the UK put tobacco in their joints?? 8-}

I just tried a vapo-pen the other day (for pot oil), and it was awesome. Super smooth, and great high using minimal substance. And cheap. You just need to know where to buy oil for it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata