simplicity

2»

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    Should've took him when he was four like my parents did and pretend that I was 3 so I could get in for free.
    They actually charge for 3 and up, and not significantly cheaper than the ful adult price. So like your folks, we took my son first when he was 3 and said he was 2.5 (easy enough to get away with, nobody checked his driver's license), and went back the following year, I contemplated the whole way what to do, and when I saw the prices, the now 4 yr old went into a stroller and was instructed to kind of crouch down as we passed him off for just under 3 again.
    Last year at 5, had no choice but to pay for him.

Back to the original poster's question, at 6.5 your child is more than old enough to enjoy the Magic Kingdom. Some of the other parks may not have enough to keep a child that age entertained all day.
    Last couple of years we went in November, like 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. Pulled him out of Kindergarten this past fall...park was nearly a ghost town (by Disney standards) hardly any waiting in line. The best way to do it is during a slower time, if you go during school vacation week, you'll spend your whole vacation waiting in lines.
    This weekend we rock Portland